RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with client 2.0.3 connections...

Problem with client 2.0.3 connections...

How modification core runuo2 for work with 203 OSI client? :(

if i click ingame on pile of gold my client is crashed...i think is server send wrong packets...how fix this problem

Malaperth

Wanderer
Then you are in trouble. Many of the things in the mul files etc from OSI will not work with past clients, and that part has nothing to do with RunUO.

HellRazor

Knight
Usually the conflict would be that the script is referencing an item that doesn't exist in the MUL files. But if you can actually see the gold in game I doubt that its an issue with the MUL files.

Have you tried turning AOS, SE, etc. off? All of those expansions make use of properties that your older client doesn't support.

Malaperth

Wanderer
As far as I know, nothing before the 4.something client works at all reliably even on RunUO 1.0. There are many things that don't work. I just listed mul files since they are a biggie.

HellRazor

Knight
Malaperth said:
As far as I know, nothing before the 4.something client works at all reliably even on RunUO 1.0. There are many things that don't work. I just listed mul files since they are a biggie.

Yeah you could be right, it might just be the client itself.

But the format hasn't changed for the MUL files so its probably not that. If he can SEE the gold, and the client and the server are using the same MUL files, then the gold exists in the MUL files where RunUO thinks it does.

If he can log in and it's something as simple as clicking an item, I'm betting that he has AOS (and all of its extra item properties) enabled. That would cause the server to send a bunch of foreign packets that the older clients wouldn't understand.

Either that, or the entire 2.xx client is just fubar'd for use with RunUO. :) I agree, he should just upgrade the client and then enable/disable/MUL edit the stuff he doesn't want. RunUO wasn't designed for old clients, so using them is shaky at best.

korupt

Wanderer
Packets work way different with 6 year old clients... I was trying 2.0.0 out for a while and if I remember it correcty there was a number of things I couldn't do, speaking being one of them. That is why I drew the packet conclusion, but I'm not sure.