RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with Hues.mul

Kouri

Squire
I have multiple hue files that I'm trying to choose from for my server (only the one I'm currently using is hues.mul). I renamed the original file so that I could look at and test a secondary file, I pull the new file up with UO Fiddler and I see all of the different hues, but, when I go and try to change the colors, it is still, for some reason, giving the colors from the original file, the new file shows orange, but the color that is displayed on the armor is black as if the number I used is empty.

I only have one instance of UO installed, and I double checked UO Fiddler paths to be sure that it was pulling the file from the correct location.

milva

Sorceror
You will need to remove the first hue.mul file, just create a folder some where your desktop etc, then copy and paste that one in there (so you still have it) delete that one in your game folder then add the new one which you want to test.

Kouri

Squire
Thank you for the answer but this did not work.

I did as you suggested and created a folder on my desktop, moved all the extra files leaving only the one that I was going to test in the game folder. It is still pulling the hue from somewhere else other than the current active file which is incredibly strange.

m309

Squire
Sounds like your Fiddler is pointed to a different installation directory for client files than where you're putting the .mul file.

Kouri

Squire
I checked the Fiddler paths each time started it up and it was pointed to the correct file.

m309

Squire
When you made the changes to the file, and then saved it, did you make sure the Fiddler output is pointed either back into the file directory, or into a new location where you copied/pasted the new hues.mul from?

Kouri

Squire
I didn't make any changes to the existing file, I moved the original file out to a separate folder, then I added a new file and renamed it to the default hues.mul.

m309

Squire
And where are you not seeing the changes, in Fiddler, or in game? If it's in-game you should have 2 separate installs of UO: 1 for the client, and 1 for the server. Make sure both sets are using the new hues.mul before you test colors.

Kouri

Squire
It is in-game that I don't see the changes, but, I only have 1 install of UO, that I know of.

m309

Squire
I'm guessing your server is using the directory where you changed the file, but your client is using another directory of files, containing the old hues.mul - which is why you're still seeing black/null through your client. Use Windoes Explorer to search for "hues.mul", and if more than the one entry you know of shows up, thats likely where your other install is. If you installed UO directly from an EA/Mythic downloader site, its likely buried somewhere in your Programs or Programs86 folder.

Kouri

Squire
Thanks m309 for helping out. I'm currently looking for other installs, I have found some very old partial installs that were not fully deleted or uninstalled long ago, some of them have hue files but I haven't found any full installs yet, still looking though.

*Edit*
It was one of those old files, I deleted the hue file from the old folders that I found and now the file in the main directory is the only file that is being looked at to pull data from.

Thanks again for the help!