RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Q]Deeds and Customizing house-ISSUE :(

koluch

Sorceror
[Q]Deeds and Customizing house-ISSUE :(

1- I uninstalled my UO game and cleaned, removed all elements of the game
2- I downloaded the game from EA which starts now at patch 6.0.2(which saves time)
3- I patched the game to 6.0.6.2( which our server is currectly using)
4- I downloaded the RunUO 2.0 official release(not the SVN)
5- I started the server, made the admin account
6- I pllaced a small custom house and added an anvil deed and a bear rug deed and placed both in the house
7- I went to customize the house, then closed the customize house
8- BOTH deeds were in the Moving Crate

If this is not happening with others, then how can a fresh install of everything NOT be retaining the deeds and always sending them to the moving crate after customization mode, even when NO customizing was done to interfere with there placement??

I did this on our server, XP Pro 64 edition duel core and on my Vista Pro 64 duel core, but even before when our server was running on just a XP PRO 32 bit, we had the same results?????

There were no errors in the game install or the server. This was a TOTAL fresh installation of both.

Also, the house was placed in a valid housing location.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated, I am not the only one who is having this issue :]

Thanks!

Koluch

Hammerhand

Knight
It happens as soon as you go into customize. Always has happened to me. I think its basically because when you go into customize, the house doesnt "exist" at that point, so deeded items are automatically redeeded. Just as if you destroyed the house.

koluch

Sorceror
robynuo;776851 said:
Are you sure it is not by design?
Yes.
Deeded items should stay placed after customizing unless their placement was disrupted by the new design.

This question has been asked by a few others, and the only reply is "you must have customized something because mine work fine."<--as in they are still placed after customizing.

Perhaps it is the other way around, that they have had to add something to make the deed stay unless interfered with.

*too bizaare*

They should stay.
They don't.
Now,"why" is the question :/

koluch

Sorceror
On customizing, the only DEEDS that stay placed afwward are those marked IAddon:
Taxidermy Items
Wreath
Mistletoe
character statues(ML release)
etc.

Anything from the BaseAddon.cs which contains:

public abstract class BaseAddon : Item, IChopable, IAddon

Go to the moving crate

Wreath(for example) shows;

public class WreathAddon : Item, IDyable, IAddon

stays after customizing

Brown Bear Rug:

public class BrownBearRugEastAddon : BaseAddon

Because it is just a BaseAddon, not somehow getting that IAddon is called from IN BaseAddon :(

I give...I guess NO ONE has addons that dont redeed after customizing....*ACK!

hehehe

This is killin me!

Koluch :p

Rosey1

Wanderer
most people do that but then they want to change a room or finally have money to do the floors and then it becomes an issue.

I have also tried on a fresh install, it redeeds. It didn't always used to.

Rosey1

Wanderer
The custom house = custom plot scripted in Runuo.

This happens on a fresh install of runuo, no other modifications. I'm not sure if it's a bug or what. I didn't used to do that.