Question about including custom Map files download (mul files)

Discussion in 'Server Support on Windows' started by Archaaz, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Archaaz

Archaaz Sorceror

I am using a custom map of Felucca which uses mul files, and including downloads of these files for users who wish to use a pre-installed version of the client. Will this impact users who use a version of the client that uses .uop? If so, is there a way around this? It has been a while, and I am uncertain which version of the client I am using, though it uses .mul files and I think is completely patched up to the High Seas. The era is set to LBR, though I am using a few later graphics.

I am also including a zipped full version of the client I use, with the map files included. Should I provide only the zipped version, and forego the separate map download? I have not made any other changes to the client.

Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  2. Enroq

Enroq Sorceror

.uop and .mul files can not be used interchangeably you would have to convert your .mul to .uop and distribute both. If you do not wish to do this you're going to have to distribute a client as well so that you know the client they're using uses .mul file types.
    Archaaz likes this.
  3. Archaaz

Archaaz Sorceror

Thanks! That is what I figured (though I had not thought about converting them). I decided to go with just offering up the client that I use as a zipped file, along with the maps (and original remastered UO soundtrack). Seems the easiest route.