RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about starting a new server

Havoc79

Wanderer
Question about starting a new server

I was looking around on here and looks like most of the info hasn't been updated in awhile.. I was wondering what programs I'd have to download to start a server and where I could get them. I had runuo but most of the other links that i've seen are not there anymore so I coudlnt get anything else that i've seen listed. Any help would be appreciated.

greywolf79

Sorceror
Only 2 programs are needed... Runuo shard from Runuo.com (RC2 is the one I use, but there are threads here to get SVN - the RCs and SVN are not 100% compatible and most releases are for either SVN or RC1/2... If you want Mondain's Legacy now then get SVN, otherwise RC2 is my choice)... Once you have the Shard software you just need to make sure you have the client (most use Mondain's Legacy client since it is easy to get and has many features - fileplanet.com I think has a download for it). Everything else is secondary. Though I would recommend Razor so you can connect the client to the free shards. Some say choose ConnectUO but Razor has been more reliable recently and is easy to use.

GreryWolf.

Havoc79

Wanderer
I"ve got run uo. i haven't downloaded the other one. But with both of those i can get the shard up and running and run any gm actions that i Need to run? That has been my problem so far. I"ve gotten a server up 2 different times with 2 different programs but i can't figure out how to get into the gm side of things to set things up and everything else to do with it.

Havoc79

Wanderer
I logged into it when i had it set up and it just made me create a regular character and couldn't do anything else.. no gm robe nothing like that at all just as if i logged in a new character on a new server. Maybe i just did somethign wrong lol

greywolf79

Sorceror
Also it does not give you a gm/admin robe by default... That is an item like any other and has to be added. You were able to log in to your shard though? As long as you did that and used your admin account you should see a tag next to your name saying (owner). For instance on my shard I am Brian (Owner). Anyway, robes are an item needing to be created - even for admins and gms and owner.

GreyWolf.

Havoc79

Wanderer
thanks ya i figured it out i just hadn't been using the right commands to get the admin list up. I found the robes and all the commands though. Thanks for the help. debating on trying to get a real server started but i know theres no way i can get a huge amount on it so its kinda pointless lol

Havoc79

Wanderer
how do i get my ip as the server instead of the default 207 or w/e it is for default on the start up for runuo

Havoc79

Wanderer
no i can figure my ip out what im trying to figure out is how to get that into the runuo instead of the default ip that it gives so others can log into the server

greywolf79

Sorceror
If you mean you want one like "weekendwarriors.no-ip.com" for it then you need to go to dyndns and sign up for one (use your real ip for this site - this will never be an automatic thing for razor, you will have to enter it in the first time then you just use the use last entry feature to connect to same one every time)... If you just mean you want the runuo to show you the ip you gotta not use a router to connect to your modem. Since I have a router (2+ computers share the internet connection) I never see any ips other than the 127 and the 192 ips (except on vista it also shows the ipv6 version of same addresses.

GreyWolf.

Havoc79

Wanderer
what i mean is. ok when you load up runuo. your server login is the auto default. what im trying to do is change that default ip the 207.10 or w/e it is to my real ip so that I can give it so some other people to log into the server. You might have just told me that and i read it wrong im not sure though lol

greywolf79

Sorceror
I think what you are looking for then is in serverlist.cs... There are spots marked and have the 192.xx.xx.xx in it, just replace those (if I remember right there are notes on each line and only 1-3 spots so it is pretty easy).

GreyWolf.