RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Queued last target"

Matvey

Wanderer
"Queued last target"

i like what its doing, but i don't need that message in uo client journal. Because that's the way i might get baned on OSI.

Can you please make on next release an option that will disable that message?

Thanks.

Matvey

Wanderer
Zippy;662379 said:
That message cannot get you banned.

You see, Razor is not allowed on OSI. If administration will somehow know that i'm playing with Razor - they will ban my account.

One of the way for hunting players that use razor - is journal scan. They somehow can read what is inside my game journar.

And what they will find there? Razor: "QLT"

Malaperth

Wanderer
Matvey;665366 said:
You see, Razor is not allowed on OSI. If administration will somehow know that i'm playing with Razor - they will ban my account.

One of the way for hunting players that use razor - is journal scan. They somehow can read what is inside my game journar.

And what they will find there? Razor: "QLT"

Hmmm... So you want Zippy to change his program in order for you to cheat?

Malaperth

Wanderer
Matvey;665383 said:
If you say that razor is a cheat - then yes.

Razor is not intended to have much more functionality than the macro system in the client, however, if OSI expressedly forbids Razor, then at the very least, Razor is considered a cheat by OSI, so you are asking Zippy to modify his code to help you cheat.

Matvey

Wanderer
Malaperth;665392 said:
Razor is not intended to have much more functionality than the macro system in the client, however, if OSI expressedly forbids Razor, then at the very least, Razor is considered a cheat by OSI, so you are asking Zippy to modify his code to help you cheat.

Let's say that Razor is not the only one UO assistant program. There's still UO Assist - but it's not free. Razor is free. Assist is allowed on OSI (i think you know why), not Razor.

So tell me what is so cheating about Razor and so good about Assist? Money? )

I know why OSI say that Razor is a cheat program. But do you think the same?

Malaperth

Wanderer
Matvey;665409 said:
Let's say that Razor is not the only one UO assistant program. There's still UO Assist - but it's not free. Razor is free. Assist is allowed on OSI (i think you know why), not Razor.

So tell me what is so cheating about Razor and so good about Assist? Money? )

I know why OSI say that Razor is a cheat program. But do you think the same?

Heh, it doesn't matter at all what I think :) It matters what OSI and Zippy think :)

Matvey

Wanderer
Malaperth;665434 said:
Heh, it doesn't matter at all what I think :) It matters what OSI and Zippy think :)

It would not be polite, i think, if i'm from the begining said to you these words. ;)

Malaperth

Wanderer
Matvey;665435 said:
It would not be polite, i think, if i'm from the begining said to you these words. ;)

True, but my point is that I doubt Zippy will change anything just so you can be more sure of breaking OSI's rules about third party programs.

Malaperth

Wanderer
Matvey;665443 said:
It's about that someone is intrested of people using his software on OSI.

Well, I won't waste any more of your time since I can't answer for Zippy. He'll see this and answer when he can.

mordero

Knight
Thats just so people would stop asking how to connect to OSI using Razor. If you would have read the whole thing, Zippy says he is not responsible if you get banned or whatever. Just because you dont want to fork over the $15 or whatever it is for UO Assist doesnt mean that Zippy should change his program for you (which you got free so you dont really have a say in the matter). Anyways, Ive never even heard of them being able to look at your journal because that is all client side...

Malaperth

Wanderer
mordero;665478 said:
Thats just so people would ask how to connect to OSI using Razor. If you would have read the whole thing, Zippy says he is not responsible if you get banned or whatever. Just because you dont want to fork over the $15 or whatever it is for UO Assist doesnt mean that Zippy should change his program for you (which you got free so you dont really have a say in the matter). Anyways, Ive never even heard of them being able to look at your journal because that is all client side...

Well, I am sure it is possible, I just doubt they bother.

mordero

Knight
true, but ive not ever heard of them doing it and if it was possible youd think we'd have that ability in runuo as well

mordero

Knight
no its was a fix for a major typo in my last post, but then i decided to fix the type in an edit and actually make a post with something in it :)

Zippy

Razor Creator
There is no such thing as a "Journal Scan" that is a myth. There exists no functionality for the client to send Razor messages to the server (and even if this existed, Razor could just block it). The OSI staff can do a server side scan of all things that you said or that were said around you, but this only covers messages sent to the server. Since Razor messages are never sent to the server there is no way Razor could be detected using this method.

That said, I would like to point out that if such a thing existed I would gladly update Razor to circumvent it. I don't have a lot of qualms about breaking OSI's rules. Why? Because OSI has given UOAssist a free monopoly on the "legal" assistant market. UOAssist is approved "UOPro" software, but OSI since discontinued the UOPro program so it is not possible for Razor to become UOPro.

Currently, I do not know of any way in which OSI can detect players using the most recent version of Razor. I have not heard of anyone getting banned from OSI for using Razor in quite a while. (Though, people don't often tell me when they get banned, and they do not always know why... so that may or may not be a useful metric.)