RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio is off ? Lets turn it on then ..

Alis

Wanderer
Radio is off ? Lets turn it on then ..

Well long time ago we had a dream of openin Runuo Radio Network

Well now i cant see Ryan online so i just wanted to post over here.

Cant we open as members the Runuo radio for Runuo and it doesnt needed to be hosted over the Runuo server's.We dont also need any license for the Radio and will not effect Runuo community because only the name is Runuo but the owners of runuo is not going to be comitted with this radio.

Ofcourse we need all the members coaperation well im back im ready do work for Runuo.. =)

Elf

Sorceror
Yeah, I'd love for that to happen too but the person that was hosting the bandwidth isn't interested in it anymore.

seanandre

Sorceror
I'm pretty sure the radio would have remained online if people had put more energy into keeping it going rather than standing by bitching about what kind of music was being played. I myself gave up before I even got a chance to start DJing for the station, because apparently nobody in this community (Members I mean) appreciates Contemporary Hit Radio music. But that's okay it's given me a chance to focus on my own station.

Elf

Sorceror
I was trying to get some sort of talk/discussion type show going but a lot of the times I couldn't connect to the station to cast. It's sad because it was starting to take off too.

FooFaH

Wanderer
Well, my page for that radio is still available. But I'm kinda thinking to make it more an allround station than specifically for RunUO. After all Ryan wasn't happy with the lay-out as it was then ,plus I am creating browser-based games and I wanted to have that radio kinda implemented in those as well. Would be kinda funny to hear every hour "THIS IS RUNUO RADIO" when some of my players don't even know what runuo is.. :)

Zounds

Wanderer
travis said:
Problem with radio is every one has a differnt taste in music so you never can please every one.

Well AKA Radio just kinda kick that probleam out of the way, they play all different types, it depends on what the DJ plays.

seanandre

Sorceror
Winamp.com forums have a great thing going, if you're trying to find DJ's for your station, you can simply go there and look, there's plenty of syndicated radio shows, and DJ's looking for a station to DJ for. I used them to syndicate the Weekly Top 40 show my wife and I do once a week, already got 4 stations interested. And my friend who runs a station has signed up for a lot of interesting websites that say one day Internet Radio is going to rule the world and broadcast radio is going to be left behind. I hear websites that run Top 40 charts are using the data from Internet stations as well as broadcast stations. And now they have something where you can get legal call letters for your licensed stations, etc. If somebody's going to keep this RunUO radio thing going, you should keep up with the times, otherwise you'll be left behind with only a memory.

wagenhuis

Wanderer
Radio RunUO...

Well as being the head leader of this whole project,
I gave up on this!

Heres my reasons:
I got a COOOOL flash website with a cool modern banner of runuo that turns, got the radio station up hosted on my own machines ( www.fokkingservers.com ) and I had everything running, had a few dj's, had Ryan agree on me and everything ...
*but, we had max 12 listeners?!
*Ryan didn't put enough energy in making news about the radio
*the music-styles is different for all people

I still have www.Radiorunuo.com , its still valid for a month or 2 or so, bought it for a year,
if anyone wants to try it out, I can give them the domain...

Julian

FooFaH

Wanderer
Sheesh, ppl still talking about this? Thought it was dead for sure... after I did that site for wagenhuis, and someone complaining about 'not in runuo style' and basically signed its death warrant, I was sure it would never happen... doubt it ever will anyway...