RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Land Tile Decorator Deed (RunUO 2.0)

Tiamat13

Sorceror
Random Land Tile Decorator Deed (RunUO 2.0)

Random Land Tile Decorator Deed​
by : Tiamat13 aka GoldDraco13

I wrote this deed to make decorating all the same land tiles on the map easier, this is a tool designed for map makers!

Note : This first release is to see if there's any interest in such a tool before I script the interface for ease of use. If I see a good turn out for this tool, I'll continue the project to include a interface(Gump) to make the system user friendly. As of this post, the tool is one script that will need editing in order to be used.

How it works

In the script, near the top you'll find the following example, this example shows the menu to follow filled in as per test(picture's below), this is for guidance only.
Code:
		////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////	
		//Custom Menu Start EXAMPLE/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
		////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
		//This sets the land tile type that will be covered with random decor///////////////////////////////
		//public string terrain = "grass"; 	//Uses : grass,dirt,snow,forest,cave,water,rocks etc etc..//
		//These are the random tile ID's for the items that will be added to the land tile//////////////////
		//public int LD1 = 3378; 		//Use ItemID////////////////////////////////////////////////
		//public int LD2 = 3379;		//Use ItemID////////////////////////////////////////////////
		//public int LD3 = 0;		//Use ItemID////////////////////////////////////////////////
		//public int LD4 = 0;		//Use ItemID////////////////////////////////////////////////
		//public int LD5 = 0;		//Use ItemID////////////////////////////////////////////////
		//public int LD6 = 0;		//Use ItemID////////////////////////////////////////////////
		//public int LD7 = 0;		//Use ItemID////////////////////////////////////////////////
		//public int LD8 = 0;		//Use ItemID////////////////////////////////////////////////
		//public int LD9 = 0;		//Use ItemID////////////////////////////////////////////////
		//public int LD10 = 0;		//Use ItemID////////////////////////////////////////////////
		//Custom Menu End EXAMPLE///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
The menu that follows is where you edit in your situation, as per the example, adding realistic decor to the grass tiles in the world.

Where to find information for the edits is easy, log into your shard, and props the land tile you want to mass decorate, for me I found grass to plain in UO so I did it first by adding grass blade statics to the ground, look at the picture's below to see the change from plain to decorated. When you props the tile, use the name listed in the land tile as the terrain in the menu below.

Then use inside UO or Pandora's box and find the ItemID's of the statics you wish to use to decorate the land tile you picked. You can list up to ten statics but you have to select at least one, always fill from LD1 downwards.
Code:
		//Custom Menu Start
		public string terrain = ""; 
		public int LD1 = 0; 
		public int LD2 = 0;
		public int LD3 = 0;
		public int LD4 = 0;
		public int LD5 = 0;
		public int LD6 = 0;
		public int LD7 = 0;
		public int LD8 = 0;
		public int LD9 = 0;
		public int LD10 = 0;
		//Custom Menu End

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
		//MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR MENU FILLED IN WITH YOUR VALUES//
		///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Once you have edited the menu to your liking, save and place the script into your script folder and restart the shard, in game [add landdecordeed, double tap deed to activate. Its heavy on the CPU so some may get frozen while it does its thing, just wait it out, it will not last long. Once done it'll give you a count of statics added. Its a wise idea to freeze these into your map after you have done an inspection to see if you like the out come. Remember this is for world builders, I would not use this on a live shard, due to bad out comes by bad choices, its good to have a clean map to just use [clearfacet to clean up a mistake.

As mentioned above, if there's interest, I'll script an interface to this tool which would add features to better control the tool.

This tool has a few built in features to make the out come very impressive, The tool looks for existing statics on the land tile picked and makes sure nothing is added to them. The system has a 75% cover rate, meaning that it randomly selects tiles not to decor. The random feature works better with more then one static selected in the decor menu.

Let me know what you all think, post any bugs as well!​

GD13,
:)

Attachments

• DecorB.jpg
    DecorB.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 611
  • DecorA.jpg
    DecorA.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 630
  • LandDecorDeed.cs
    7.6 KB · Views: 65

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Very nice idea!
Talk about a huge item count increase though.. look at that second picture you generated 2Mil items lol!

Other than that though I like this idea a lot.

Thilgon

Sorceror
Really nice idea!

Some suggestion:
- make it usable by gump in-game (entering directly itemID's, and selecting land types by a menue) :)
- have certain selectable % of land coverage
- have an option for a certain "range" of use (centered on the character?), so to decorate in different ways different areas ;)

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Thilgon;833782 said:
Really nice idea!

Some suggestion:
- make it usable by gump in-game (entering directly itemID's, and selecting land types by a menue) :)
- have certain selectable % of land coverage
- have an option for a certain "range" of use (centered on the character?), so to decorate in different ways different areas ;)
Tiamat13;833741 said:
Note : This first release is to see if there's any interest in such a tool before I script the interface for ease of use. If I see a good turn out for this tool, I'll continue the project to include a interface(Gump) to make the system user friendly.
As mentioned above, if there's interest, I'll script an interface to this tool which would add features to better control the tool.
blah.. blah.. blah..

JamzeMcC

Squire
This is an awesome idea! Thank you for sharing! Havent had time to sit down and use it yet but hopefully later today I can

Tiamat13

Sorceror
I just want to add that this is a tool for world builders, or a shard under construction that wants an effective way to mass decorate land tiles. There is a understanding that the work done by the tool will be frozen to the map.

I think I'll finish a interface for this to add some features that were mentioned.

If anyone has ideas of what they would like to see added to this type of tool, please post your comments and I'll do my best to add them.

GD13,

Iomega0318

Sorceror
romanthebrain;833819 said:
Why this ? You can freeze the map after doing this ...
Well yeah I know.. just saying lol :rolleyes:
Tiamat13;833845 said:
I just want to add that this is a tool for world builders, or a shard under construction that wants an effective way to mass decorate land tiles. There is a understanding that the work done by the tool will be frozen to the map.

I think I'll finish a interface for this to add some features that were mentioned.

If anyone has ideas of what they would like to see added to this type of tool, please post your comments and I'll do my best to add them.

GD13,
I know :D

need help here, I am using runuo 2.2

assembly "Tile " couldnt be found"?

Attached is the fixed version for the latest release of RunUO 2.0, also if you want this system with all the wish list idea's above, I included a updated version in the Ultima Live Interface located HERE!

Attachments

• LandDecorDeed.cs
    5.2 KB · Views: 10