RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

^%#$@)*$( rant rant rant *(%&@)(%*!

Radwen

Wanderer
^%#$@)*$( rant rant rant *(%&@)(%*!

Ranting about my anti-virus auto test. I've changed it from 1h am to 4h pm because I'm usually not home at 4h pm. It was crashing my oblivion all the time when I was playing at 1. Now, figures I'm always home at 4 and playing oblivion ! :mad: Stupid fwf-3=rk3c9mdviwovwe. It's the 4th time it happens to me, I keep forgetting about it. Changed my scheduler for 6 am. That should be safe.

I WANT A MINIMIZE FIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX :mad: :mad: :mad:

S

Savaal

RunUO2874 said:
Or.. Disable it? Anti-Virus software is useless.

I strongly second that motion.....

The best cure for Viruses, is KNOW what your downloading and KNOW where you are visiting... i've never had a virus but once and that was early into my computer hobbie.

PerfectWing

Wanderer
I'm with the no AV guys here. No virii or spyware. Well, I do have one spyware, the one that comes with Bearshare. But, I used Security Task Manager to prevent the spyware's executable file from ever executing, thus it can't initialize to spy on my wares, or whatever it might do.

S

Savaal

Well I use this plugin for Firefox, it's called NoScript it automaticly blocks all websites from running any Java Script until you manualy dub the site "Safe" and unblock it.

PerfectWing

Wanderer
I leave ActiveX disabled in IE and that's all you really need. If you're not blocking ActiveX scripts, that's when you're in real danger.

S

Savaal

Oh yes, indeed.. my friend totally got screwed over because he allowed Active X one day and he totally got screwed over with Tool Bars, etc... ( Your basic Adware ) mainly because he doesn't read crap he just clicks... Active X is ok, you just gotta trust the website.... like I said you just really need to KNOW where you are going, and if you don't bad things happen... The internet is WAY to littered with crap nowdays...

bzk90

Lord
i #nth the no av soft. even if my windows registry is disolving and most of my programs dont work anymore.its not like its a virus's fault, its me using an outdated pirated copy of windows, remember kids, keep your wares up to date

Radwen

Wanderer
I'm host of multiple things. I have ftp server which allows privileged members to upload things to my computer. Same with VNC. If one of these accounts falls in the hands of the wrong person, I want to have a basic defense at least.

Secondly, I surf the web carelessly. I like it better that way. No restraints. With my av and firefox, I've got not problems what so ever. Auto protection is on, but I can't see the problem in scanning my pc daily if it's at a appropriate time and I think 6 am is perfect.

I also take risks while downloading at times when I'm looking for something really rare, so it's always good to have an av.

Anyways, even if this problem is gone since I won't be playing oblivion at 6am, I still want a minimize fix so that I can alt+tab in peace without fearing that the game would crash once I go back to it.

Radwen

Wanderer
Is there any use of scanning then if everything that is scannable is blocked by the auto protection ?

Seems awkward that they would set both in default.