RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.rar?

Drayvock

Sorceror
.rar?

ok, I am still really new to this, and my lasts posts have been really newbie questions, but this time I did look all through the Forums so it must mean its a REALLY stupid question..... How do I open a .rar file? I open it and it does nothing on my computer, when I download it, I try to save and open it, then I just try to open it, but nothing happens... sooooooo, how do I open it?!?!?!

Thanks!
:) :)

poetawd

Wanderer
the name of the program is WINRAR,,, much better than WINZIP....

you can found it at [URL="http://rarlab.com"[/URL]

ethan3

Wanderer
I'll second that recomendation. I don't use winzip for anything anymore. WinRar is better by far.

I like the feature to make a self extracting zip file that spans volumes. So I can have a large file broken up to fit on 5 flopies. The first disk has an executable file you just double click and it extracts it's self and asks for disk 2. Pretty cool. You don't have to install WinRar on any computer to use it if its a self extracting archive.

I understand that winzip has this feature as well but for it to work I think you need to pay for it. Also, I don't know how to make it work on winzip, never really tried, since it is so easy in WinRar.