RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Razor and UO Gateway

Razor and UO Gateway

I was wondering if I can get some help here, I use razor to log in and was exploring a dungeon when part of a structure was not there, I posted in the forums thinking it had something to do with my machine and was told to reinstall the patch. I did this and when I use UO Gateway the structure looks fine, but when I log in using Razor the structure still isnt all there. Is there a way I can fix this maybe uninstall Razor then reinstall?

Pete

Wanderer
This happens because when u conenct with UOgaetway, it uses the patches (hues/statics) that your shard gets you to downlaod. However, UOG keeps these files seperate, so when you log on with Razor only, it doesn't load these. WHat you can do is, under the settings for your specific shard on the UOGateway list, you see near the bottom that it has patche slisted, adn saves them as like, l.hues. You can take the hue files, and the statics file, rename them to what they are named in your UO folder, and copy them over the one's in your UO folder. Make sure you back-up the ones in your UO folder. This will make it so that you can log in with Razor and see all the stuff you did with UOGateway

SDragon

Wanderer
Or, you can just enable the use of Razor in UO Gateway and it will still do all the file handling for you, and launch Razor.

Pete said:
This happens because when u conenct with UOgaetway, it uses the patches (hues/statics) that your shard gets you to downlaod. However, UOG keeps these files seperate, so when you log on with Razor only, it doesn't load these. WHat you can do is, under the settings for your specific shard on the UOGateway list, you see near the bottom that it has patche slisted, adn saves them as like, l.hues. You can take the hue files, and the statics file, rename them to what they are named in your UO folder, and copy them over the one's in your UO folder. Make sure you back-up the ones in your UO folder. This will make it so that you can log in with Razor and see all the stuff you did with UOGateway

SDragon at the bottom of my UO Gateway it list the following:
Public Serverlist
Update UOG
System info

I dont see anything that says patches.

SDragon

Wanderer
Just to make sure I am on the same page, you were trying to run Razor directly to log into the shard, and not UO Gateway. That is what it seems you were doing in your initial post.

Only1Hannibal said:
SDragon at the bottom of my UO Gateway it list the following:
Public Serverlist
Update UOG
System info

I dont see anything that says patches.

The "patches" are defined by the person who lists their shard on UO Gateway. They are automatically installed when you connect to that shard through UO Gateway. That is why you "wont have them" if you run razor directly. You should be able to look at the UO Gateway entry and see if they allow the use of Razor. If so, then all you have to do is go into your "Settings" page and enable Razor. I believe the actual line is "Use Razor" with a drop down beside it.

SDragon said:
Just to make sure I am on the same page, you were trying to run Razor directly to log into the shard, and not UO Gateway. That is what it seems you were doing in your initial post.

The "patches" are defined by the person who lists their shard on UO Gateway. They are automatically installed when you connect to that shard through UO Gateway. That is why you "wont have them" if you run razor directly. You should be able to look at the UO Gateway entry and see if they allow the use of Razor. If so, then all you have to do is go into your "Settings" page and enable Razor. I believe the actual line is "Use Razor" with a drop down beside it.

As I was waiting on a response here I noticed Zippy post on using Razor with UO Gate and followed the instructions and when I start Razor and log into my account I still see the missing structure. I logged my character out at the point in the dungeon so that when I log in I can see if structure is whole or incomplete. Yes you are right I am starting up my UO session by double clicking on the Razor icon and going in that way, when I try going in using UO Gate Razor doesnt startup automatically. When I start Razor up after UO Gate, Razor starts another log in window.
:confused:

Pete

Wanderer
If your shard DOES allow razor, then go to Settings, and under the Use THird Party tool menu, select Razor. After this, click on your shard and wait for razor to load; it will load. You don't need to start up Razor idependently.

SDragon

Wanderer
Only1Hannibal said:
As I was waiting on a response here I noticed Zippy post on using Razor with UO Gate and followed the instructions and when I start Razor and log into my account I still see the missing structure. I logged my character out at the point in the dungeon so that when I log in I can see if structure is whole or incomplete. Yes you are right I am starting up my UO session by double clicking on the Razor icon and going in that way, when I try going in using UO Gate Razor doesnt startup automatically. When I start Razor up after UO Gate, Razor starts another log in window.
:confused:

Everything should be done through UO Gateway. It sounds like the shard you are connecting to don't allow the use of Razor. If that is the case, the only way you can get it to work is if you get the modified files from UO Gateway (they are stored in a subfolder of you UO install) and manually put them in your UO Folder. You will also have to obtain a UO client (4.0 version) that has had the encryption removed. Doing all this will allow you to use razor by running it directly, but that will be the only UO shard you could connect to (without possibly running into problems).

What shard are you trying to connect to? I can look it up and see if they allow razor or not.

SDragon said:
Everything should be done through UO Gateway. It sounds like the shard you are connecting to don't allow the use of Razor. If that is the case, the only way you can get it to work is if you get the modified files from UO Gateway (they are stored in a subfolder of you UO install) and manually put them in your UO Folder. You will also have to obtain a UO client (4.0 version) that has had the encryption removed. Doing all this will allow you to use razor by running it directly, but that will be the only UO shard you could connect to (without possibly running into problems).

What shard are you trying to connect to? I can look it up and see if they allow razor or not.

They dont allow Razor and its the only UO shard that I use so what I will do is take your advice and move the files over to my UO folder since I only play on this UO shard. If I wanted to do this SDragon the 4 files that are in the UO Gateway folder what do I have to rename them as?

SDragon

Wanderer
Only1Hannibal said:
They dont allow Razor and its the only UO shard that I use so what I will do is take your advice and move the files over to my UO folder since I only play on this UO shard. If I wanted to do this SDragon the 4 files that are in the UO Gateway folder what do I have to rename them as?

I believe that if you look at the server information in UOGateway, it will give you the normal file names. I am not sure on that, and I can't use UO Gateway at work. :D I'll see if I can find out tonight.

SDragon said:
I believe that if you look at the server information in UOGateway, it will give you the normal file names. I am not sure on that, and I can't use UO Gateway at work. :D I'll see if I can find out tonight.

LOL@"can't use UO Gateway at work" cool thxs for the help

SDragon

Wanderer
Only1Hannibal said:
LOL@"can't use UO Gateway at work" cool thxs for the help

Ok, here is the files I have and their renames. This wont have all the files you will need to rename though. But at least this way you can eliminate a few files from your list.

Code:
  u -- uo.cfg
  l -- login.cfg
 vm -- veridata.mul
  h -- hues.mul
fon -- fonts.mul

Hope that helps you some.

SDragon said:
Ok, here is the files I have and their renames. This wont have all the files you will need to rename though. But at least this way you can eliminate a few files from your list.

Code:
  u -- uo.cfg
  l -- login.cfg
 vm -- veridata.mul
  h -- hues.mul
fon -- fonts.mul

it has thxs for taking the time out and sharing the knowledge, I just wish I could play at work. LOL

SDragon said:

Code:
  u -- uo.cfg
  l -- login.cfg
 vm -- veridata.mul
  h -- hues.mul
fon -- fonts.mul

SD,

I have two files left in my UO Gateway folder that was not on your list, one is sm0 the other si0 any idea what these are? Also the files seems to be READ ONLY, when I remove the read only permissions I still cant copy the files so that I can replace them. Also, when I try and use UO Gateway now it doesnt run at all its telling me to reinstall UO.

Pete

Wanderer
Only1Hannibal said:
SD,

I have two files left in my UO Gateway folder that was not on your list, one is sm0 the other si0 any idea what these are?

sm0 = statics0.mul
si0 = staidx0.mul

By the way, all this info can be obtained by clicking the little folder in the UOGateway entry for your shard.

SDragon

Wanderer
Pete said:
sm0 = statics0.mul
si0 = staidx0.mul

By the way, all this info can be obtained by clicking the little folder in the UOGateway entry for your shard.

You know, that is where I got my information that I posted. Not sure why I didn't think of passing that little bit of info on. :D

SDragon said:
You know, that is where I got my information that I posted. Not sure why I didn't think of passing that little bit of info on. :D

OK I first want to say that Reading is Fundamental LOL. Thanks to all that have given some advice and most of all thxs SDragon. I reread the post and instead of manually changing the name of the files I copied and paste the name on the files shut everything down and then logged in using Razor and I can now see the landscape that was not there before. Whew LOL Thxs again everyone.

true death

Wanderer
I got a new laptop and I forgot how to download razor patch. if somebody could give me instructions i would be very thankful.