RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

razor beta 2 & client 2.0.3

Kiroshy

Wanderer
razor beta 2 & client 2.0.3

When i login onto shard with razor, it says im not using 2.0.3 client and disconnect me... im using 2.0.3 ... WTF?:)

PerfectWing

Wanderer
Most Sphere shards now use this Injection/Ignition detection script. It doesn't so much as detect either of those, as it does detect unencrypted clients; which is exactly what you are using when you login with Razor. Even when this is removed (and I have checked this with the current administrator of The Darkside Shard) Razor returns very familiar Injection errors "EAT BYTE 4" and something else as well. Allow me to post the conversation.

Session Start (ICQ - 145602028:Jawstrock): Sat Sep 13 15:16:20 2003
Sum Ting Wong?!: Did Vert ever get with you about the injection/ignition detection script?
*** Jawstrock wants to establish a SecureIM session.
*** SecureIM session established with Jawstrock.
Jawstrock: why?
Sum Ting Wong?!: So I'll know if I'll be able to properly test Razor on Sphere 55i w/ client 2.0.3
<sending link to image pasted below>
Sum Ting Wong?!: My guess is it's detecting Razor without any client encryption and thinking I'm using Injection/Ignition.
Jawstrock: oh
Jawstrock: yeah I remmebr vert telling me about you testing it
Jawstrock: but never really expain anything
Sum Ting Wong?!: I think it's the non-encrypted client, but I have no idea what the script even checks for.
Sum Ting Wong?!: That was the conclusion me and #runuo came up with
Jawstrock: heh
Jawstrock: most likely
Jawstrock: try now
Sum Ting Wong?!: No book, doesnt' say it's going to discon me. Lets see how long I can run and what works.
Jawstrock: that 3 line thingy blocked more unwanted things then expected :)
Sum Ting Wong?!: Looks like it works fine
Sum Ting Wong?!: Undress All worked
Jawstrock: you are making main loop error
Sum Ting Wong?!: Really?
Sum Ting Wong?!: :<<
Sum Ting Wong?!: Coming from "Ultraman" ?
Jawstrock: doesnt' say from who
Sum Ting Wong?!: only when I execute a command?
Sum Ting Wong?!: Executing undress, right...
Sum Ting Wong?!: now
Sum Ting Wong?!: done.
Jawstrock: hm it stopped
Jawstrock: might not be you ;p
Sum Ting Wong?!: Maybe someone else hopped on with Injection
Sum Ting Wong?!: :O
Jawstrock: but I never see those error usually heh
Sum Ting Wong?!: 0.o
Jawstrock: ho yeah
Jawstrock: maybe
Jawstrock: unless it's like.. sphere starting up
Jawstrock: or sometime a worldsave
Sum Ting Wong?!: There's one non-working feature
Sum Ting Wong?!: Doesn't display the skilllist
Jawstrock: say
Jawstrock: why test on tds anyways?
Jawstrock: if you cna'T even login ;)
Sum Ting Wong?!: Well, only shard I know how to get on and do anything. And I knew if it caused console errors; you'd be able to say something. Whereas other admins would just instaban me :p
Sum Ting Wong?!: Hm, damnit, there's no documentation
Sum Ting Wong?!: so I've got no idea how to display the bars of health :p
Jawstrock: ;p
Jawstrock: dawm that's.. bad?!?
Sum Ting Wong?!: I like the bars *sniffle*
Jawstrock: aww
Sum Ting Wong?!: Darn, darn, darn.
Sum Ting Wong?!: I got the statbar
Jawstrock: ;p
Jawstrock: omg
Sum Ting Wong?!: but apparently using the hidden words thingie doesn't display hidden words :(
Jawstrock: msg byt EAT
Sum Ting Wong?!: How many of them?
Jawstrock: bad msg
Jawstrock: like.. 10-15
Jawstrock: prv=2
Jawstrock: stop it :O
Sum Ting Wong?!: hm Alright I'm logging out now
Sum Ting Wong?!: see if it continues
Sum Ting Wong?!: :p
Sum Ting Wong?!: <<-- out
Jawstrock: kk
Jawstrock: so far nothing
Sum Ting Wong?!: Probably was Razor. Sucks too, great program; going places.
Jawstrock: yeah

then screw sphere. Not like they appreciated razor to begin with. If we had to make our things work with every other bad emulator out their, Zippy would need to make Razor a shitty and poorly coded/buggy tool.

it was my understanding that razor was writen as a compliemnt to RunUO if it happens to work on other emulators so much the better. but as i understand there was no promise of compatability to other emu's

Zippy

Razor Creator
Razor is designed and attempts to support any emulator which supports 3.0.8 and above unencrypted clients.....

This means razor does not at this time support 2.0.3 and does not support encrypted clients at any time.

I will consider adding LIMITED support for 2.0.3, it depends what else is different protocol wise other than the skills (which I'm aware of and just forgot to fix). As for encrypted clients, I will take a PEEK at that, but right now it's unlikely. I have the code for encrypted clients 4.0.0 and up, but at this time I have choosen not to make it public to avoid issues with razor being used on OSI.

I don't think I'll be adding support for 2.0.3 encrypted clients, I think the whole idea of an emulator or shard requiring you to use a client that is 2+ years old is kind of ridiculous....

Phantom

Knight
I have to agree with Zippy, If your going to use something besides RunUO at least use an updated version of that given emulator. Sadly this means Sphere 55i's players might not be able to use Razor as Zippy doesn't plan on adding the encryption it requires.

Of course this is changed as the newer versions of that emulator support the newer clients.

S

shadeuo

One thing i dont understand every one keeps saying "the people over at sphere". they are getting mad because runuo dev comes out with a uoa tool that wasnt intended for sphere. and runuo is stealing their supporters. just a thought but i was with sphere emu for like 2 yrs and i never really knew they even had a staff. now with runuo we have Ryan, Zippy and many others that get involved in their comunity they created. and who is the people over at sphere? they actully have a staff lol. well sorry for my rif raf just had to get that off my chest. Great work runuo staff you have put the heart beat back in uo. :D

PerfectWing

Wanderer
If they want to call winning users over with a superior product, by their own choice, "stealing", then I guess they would be right.

The only 'problem' with RunUO is a lot of misinformed non/users. A lot of things I've heard about RunUO that is wrong or not completely true is:

- Requires a larger server to run. (And thus more expensive.)
- All RunUO shards are OSI clones.
- RunUO is difficult to script for and not very customizable.
- There is a significant chance with each upgrade that something will go wrong and everything will be lost.
- RunUO supports AOS (and AOS SUXXOR!!)
- I don't want to learn C# to make a UO shard.
- RunUO is difficult to administrate.

I've spoken on numerous occasions to people who just will not be convinced otherwise, no matter what you tell them or what evidence you bring forth to them. It's a shame too, because they have no idea what they are missing.
One person flamed me because Razor won't work with Sphere. I found that hilarious, but stupid at the same time.

I'd love to continue, but I will be late for work if I don't go now, so, be back in about 5 hours or so.

rekcah

Wanderer
LOCK

Can A Mod Lock This Post Its Pointless And Just People Bashing Sphere. Razor Is Designed To Run With tHe Latest Clients And Im Sure Zippy Will Agree That He Will Not Be Adding Support For Older Clients. If Your Emulator Wolnt Support A Newer Client Thats Your Emulators Problem

Rekcah

flowerbudd

Sorceror
Sphere can use their little nonosi uoassist. Razor is for RunUo, which is so much more advanced and capable. In my opinion runuo vs sphere is like a titan vs a mongbat, plus why help them? they are dying and they know it. I staffed for over a year on Oblivion, sphere 55.1 and i have had people who swore they would never upgrade, and running Pre-T2A software.. ordering AOS off of amazon.com, ebay, or buying it in store, because of how much more RunUo offers compared to Sphere. They say over at Oblivion that Sphere will never die, but I tend to disagree. Just since i started my shard here, I have seen the server status page decline for Oblivion, and my new account requests grow.

Zippy

Razor Creator
Just to say one last time, Razor is not just for RunUO.... it's for any emu that can support 4.0.0