RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Razor Rox but...

mr_wuss

Wanderer
razor requires you to decrypt the client, and this isn't possible when connecting to osi.

this is just to clear up the 'why'

kethoth

Page
it doesnt require the decryp to my knowlege...ive used it to connect to numerous sphere shards without decrypting the client

kethoth said:
it doesnt require the decryp to my knowlege...ive used it to connect to numerous sphere shards without decrypting the client

Razor will decrypt the client if UOGateway hasn't or it isn't launched from UOGateway

AlyssaP.

Wanderer
Or hell, why not just download easyuo? There's a script in the forums that can do basically the exact same stuff.

Avangelon

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev said:
Why don't you just buy a seed for UOAssist if you want a macro tool for OSI?
I know this wasn't directed towards me, but my reason is that I hate UOAssist compared to Razor. I like the profiles, the spiffy macros & hotkeys, and much more. I can't even make hotkeys for Greater Heal for `MousewheelUP` and whatnot. I also like the Macro section so much more than UOAssists because of the way it works. But what's really fun to me is the death screenshots that Razor has, I can show them to my friends or whatnot, it doesn't even have to be of my death. AND the counters! You can't control the counters on the titlebar of UO with UOAssist, I can't have my custom counters for my crafter, tamer/bard, warrior, mage, or Necromancer and that annoys the crap out of me :p... But to the point, I don't want to have to pay for UOAssist. Is there any planned OSI-Support in the future releases? or even maybe a hack to get it to work on OSI?

Avangelon

bean56

Wanderer
Basically it comes down to this. Either you can play uo on OSI with just the client or you can play uo on OSI with UOAsisst. Make a choice. I don't recall ever paying for a UOAsisst seed though.

Avangelon

Wanderer
bean56 said:
Basically it comes down to this. Either you can play uo on OSI with just the client or you can play uo on OSI with UOAsisst. Make a choice. I don't recall ever paying for a UOAsisst seed though.

I was just saying why I didn't want to buy a UOAssist key, and asking if there was any chance of being able to use Razor on OSI.

-Avangelon

mr_wuss

Wanderer
Avangelon said:
I know this wasn't directed towards me, but my reason is that I hate UOAssist compared to Razor. I like the profiles, the spiffy macros & hotkeys, and much more. I can't even make hotkeys for Greater Heal for `MousewheelUP` and whatnot. I also like the Macro section so much more than UOAssists because of the way it works. But what's really fun to me is the death screenshots that Razor has, I can show them to my friends or whatnot, it doesn't even have to be of my death. AND the counters! You can't control the counters on the titlebar of UO with UOAssist, I can't have my custom counters for my crafter, tamer/bard, warrior, mage, or Necromancer and that annoys the crap out of me :p... But to the point, I don't want to have to pay for UOAssist. Is there any planned OSI-Support in the future releases? or even maybe a hack to get it to work on OSI?

Avangelon

you start fucking with OSI and OSI will start fucking back

why open that can of worms?

Avangelon

Wanderer
mr_wuss said:
you start fucking with OSI and OSI will start fucking back

why open that can of worms?

um...I don't see anything wrong with using razor with OSI...Do you? It just makes my life a whole lot easier without doing anything that could count as cheating.

bean56

Wanderer
Avangelon said:
without doing anything that could count as cheating.
that isn't up to you. It all depends what OSI thinks. Maybe you should try telling OSI that they should allow Razor to be used on their servers, I bet that would work out.

Avangelon

Wanderer
bean56 said:
that isn't up to you. It all depends what OSI thinks. Maybe you should try telling OSI that they should allow Razor to be used on their servers, I bet that would work out.
Thanks, i'll try that....smart ass :p

X-Tracker

Wanderer
the point is..we don't like UOA, we love razor...and this is not because UOA is sold and razor is free...razor is so much better than uoa...there is no comparetions between both... :D

ethan3

Wanderer
Someone needs to make a gateway for razor. Just a simple program that takes razors needed unencrypted stream and encrypts them for OSI. Yup simple. Don't ask me how to do it though :p