RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Razor with 6.0.13.0

Dinurth

Wanderer
I've seen multiple posts claiming otherwise, with no help to their problem, and I nor anyone I know can get it to connect properly.

Always gets stuck at verifying account...

mitty

Sorceror
you could try....

Ive got it working just fine with latest client. What you need to try is go into your program files, go to your Razor folder, open it up, and scroll down to Updater. Click it and manually update Razor. It doesnt do it auto anymore. I have all my players update there Razor weekly if needed or not and we have no problems with anyone connecting to shard. Also might check your firewall make sure its letting Razor through. Hope this little tidbit helps. :D

Dinurth

Wanderer
I appreciate the help, but it will not work (i've seen the exact same problem posted in other threads as well with no resolution).

Basically if I unckeck "patch client encryption" i get stuck at verifying account until it times out. If I leave that checked it lets me choose the shard but then just hangs on connecting forever.

Jeff

Lord
Dinurth;800502 said:
I appreciate the help, but it will not work (i've seen the exact same problem posted in other threads as well with no resolution).

Basically if I unckeck "patch client encryption" i get stuck at verifying account until it times out. If I leave that checked it lets me choose the shard but then just hangs on connecting forever.

Perhaps its your server? have you tried to connect to UOGamers: Hybrid? btw, you always want "patch client encryption" checked.

Dinurth

Wanderer
Jeff;800511 said:
Perhaps its your server? have you tried to connect to UOGamers: Hybrid? btw, you always want "patch client encryption" checked.

I can connect to free shards fine, I'm trying to connect to an EA shard.

Dinurth

Wanderer
I understand that, but when I UNcheck client encryption it just hangs at verifying account forever. If I leave it checked it will verify the account, but when I select a server it hangs at connecting forever.

Dinurth

Wanderer
So my friend with a similar set up mine can connect just fine, but I just hang forever. Any idea why this might be?

I've tried on a Windows 7 computer and a XP labtop now and I get the same result. I removed the router and connected directly to the internet and got the same result. I removed AVG antivirus and got the same result. What the hell is going on here? Fresh uninstall/reinstalls for both as well.

Dinurth

Wanderer
So apparently the problem is my account. No idea why, I have an account that was created in 1998, and I have a friend who has an account recently created. I can use razor just fine when I log in with his account, but not mine.

Dinurth

Wanderer
Yes, and it hangs just the same as it does on my computer. I created a trail account as well to test and razor works fine, but not with my old account. Really really weird.

Dinurth

Wanderer
Heh, not that I was ever actually able to!

It's really weird I don't know what would be different about my account that razor just hangs after I select a server.

UOassist works fine but not razor? weird and extremely frustrating.

Ravenal

Knight
Its cuz UOAssist is authorized and approved by OSI where Razor is not. its meant for RunUO or Emulator servers

Dinurth

Wanderer
Well no shit. But that doesn't explain why an old account gets stuck after picking a server and newer accounts don't.

Heaven_Lei

Wanderer
Duplicate Razors, Old (works) & New (pluck!)

Dinurth;802292 said:
Well no shit. But that doesn't explain why an old account gets stuck after picking a server and newer accounts don't.

I don't know if this will help, as I don't have a UO account but use the free shards. I had the very same problem over the last two days and went as far as entering into DOS and plucking out the duplicate Razor as I could not erase it any other way. THEN I discovered I had Razor in my system twice and my comp was looking for it in the place it did not work. My system is Vista, *swears uncontrollably*, and for some reason my Razor is in Program Files as well as Program Data. I plucked the NEW Razor out of Program Data and then started using the one I had before I got stuck at verifying and it worked! Good luck! I am happy to be gaming again, whew!

Dinurth

Wanderer
Heaven_Lei;802296 said:
I don't know if this will help, as I don't have a UO account but use the free shards. I had the very same problem over the last two days and went as far as entering into DOS and plucking out the duplicate Razor as I could not erase it any other way. THEN I discovered I had Razor in my system twice and my comp was looking for it in the place it did not work. My system is Vista, *swears uncontrollably*, and for some reason my Razor is in Program Files as well as Program Data. I plucked the NEW Razor out of Program Data and then started using the one I had before I got stuck at verifying and it worked! Good luck! I am happy to be gaming again, whew!

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll dig around a bit more and see if there is any duplicates floating around.