RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RebuildCategorization not working for me

coyan

Sorceror
[RebuildCategorization not working for me

Ok, Ive been trying this for the last 2 days, Ive talked with a coupla diffrent legendary scripters and all, they have both tole me that this is the command I need to use to get new items into the [add menu. Ive tried...

Ive added new arties into the /scripts/items/armor/artifacts directory, and then did the [RebuildCategorization command in game and the menu/gump does not change. I even went in and took out some of the items that where in the folder and then I get errors, unless I put them in another folder, then it still works, but wont put them in diffrent places in the menu/gump

What im asking is what does the command actually do?
Is there another place/script that I need to change?
Are there any definations I need to add in when im using the [RebuildCategorization command?

thanks in advance...

ArteGordon

Wanderer
coyan said:
Ok, Ive been trying this for the last 2 days, Ive talked with a coupla diffrent legendary scripters and all, they have both tole me that this is the command I need to use to get new items into the [add menu. Ive tried...

Ive added new arties into the /scripts/items/armor/artifacts directory, and then did the [RebuildCategorization command in game and the menu/gump does not change. I even went in and took out some of the items that where in the folder and then I get errors, unless I put them in another folder, then it still works, but wont put them in diffrent places in the menu/gump

What im asking is what does the command actually do?
Is there another place/script that I need to change?
Are there any definations I need to add in when im using the [RebuildCategorization command?

thanks in advance...

If your new items are actually not being added to the [add gump at all then one thing that you have to make sure of is that you actually have a zero-arg constructor for your items. So you need to be able to add them like

[add youritemtype

If the above command works, then more that likely it is being added to the gump but you just arent finding it.

but wont put them in diffrent places in the menu/gump

The organization of the entries in the add gump is set up in the Data/items.cfg and Data/mobiles.cfg files. It doesnt matter where the actual scripts are. Stuff that is not categorized in those files ends up in the 'Uncategorized' section of the gump.

I'm guessing that your stuff is actually being added to the gump, but you just arent finding it. Look in the 'Uncategorized' section. If you find it there, then you can edit items.cfg to get it in the right category.

coyan

Sorceror
ok, thank you a million times over...

Yes, they are in there.. They went in under the the type of armor that got used to make them, such as bone, deamon bone, and chain...

Ok, Now to figure out how to get them all into a diffrent catagory, like a custom one.....

I was thinking they would be follow the folder rule, and be places in a catagory under the folder name they where stored in...
i will work on that next...

again, thank you for the help....