RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regions, Custom Maps, Dungeons... Oh my!

Matt Coatney

Wanderer
I am a C# dev professionally and know my way around graphics suites as well. I've made UO maps before and have some great looking game regions. I don't know enough about integrating custom maps though. I'm using the Mondain's Legacy if it matters.

With search down I've focused on refinements and basic customized scripts but I really have some questions I need answers to. Hope you'll overlook a n00b asking n00b questions. Please answer if you can or provide links. I need a ton of info.

1. Custom Maps: I have 3 custom maps and need to know how to transport the player from one to another. Is that hard coded in the client? How do I learn all there is to know about connecting maps? Also, what do I need to know about map sizes? Can wrap points be removed completely?

2. Regions: I've tried renaming UO regions to my own and am unsure I've done it right. What files need to be changed for the game to use custom regions?

3. Dungeons: I've got the maps set up with the dungeon space reserved at the right. How do I make entrances that take a player to and from the dungeons? Can a dungeon have an exit that goes to another map?

That's all for now. Thanks in advance!

fuzzydice

Wanderer
I am very new at map making so I will be of little help. Here is a link to a guide that I have found extremely helpful. http://www.ryandor.com/files/makingmaps.11.pdf

As far as the dungeon entrances, in my experience with sphereserver, they were set up as invisible teleport tiles that transports the player to the begining of your dungeon. I don't see why it would be any diffrent with runuo.

Good luck with your maps.