RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

remote clients never get logged in

Erucid

Sorceror
remote clients never get logged in

This is a fresh server that has just recently been set up using mono on debian linux. My first NATed client is testing connectivity to the server and I can see the events...
Client: 99.68.126.19: Connected. [1 Online]
Login: 99.68.126.19: Valid credentials for 'erbert'
Client: 99.68.126.19: Disconnected. [0 Online] [erbert]
But he never gets logged in. {You can see he has valid credentials.}

From his point of view: He gets to the shard selection screen and can see select my world (Nedimare) but he never gets to the character selection screen. It just hangs there.

When on my local network I can log in just fine with his credentials. It is like the server is bumping anyone off the local subnet. Is there some configuration that I'm missing?

robynuo

Sorceror
As far as I know not from Runuo.
Most problems come from the router. Check that port 2593 is open.
Else might be the firewall too.

sAEder

Wanderer
The server will always accept incoming connections from all possible ip adresses, unless you told him not to do so. So, as robynuo said, it is most likely due to your firewall/router configuration.

Erucid

Sorceror
i think this ended up being a NAT issue. configurations in the router did not stick. problem is resolved now.

Erucid

Sorceror
Well, this error has returned. Nothing on the server has changed. But my router went retard and I had to set it back to the defaults and then reconfigure it again. Apparently the reconfigure isn't working and I'm back to this exact same error. I'm using a linksys wrt54g with dd-wrt on it. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with the linksys and might know what I did the first time to get this working.

Erucid

Sorceror
I may have figured it out. During that router crash there was also a DYNDNS URL change. So the file ServerList.cs needed the address changed. That sounds plausible. Now I need to get one of my testers to do his thing and test it.