RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[REQUEST] Mac address

Varchild

Wanderer
[REQUEST] Mac address

Request for razor dev.

Could be possible to implement a razor feature to send, on a prticular packet receivement, to the server the mac address of the machine where razor is running?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Lord
Varchild;798693 said:
Request for razor dev.

Could be possible to implement a razor feature to send, on a prticular packet receivement, to the server the mac address of the machine where razor is running?

Thanks in advance

No, that can be spoofed, pointless...

Varchild

Wanderer
Is there a feasible and reliable way to link a client to a machine?
HWInfo infos are sent only few times by the client and cannot be queried if null.
Any suggestion?

Lichtblitz

Sorceror
There is no fail-proof way to determine if two clients are running on the same machine. With tools like UOProxie even the IP addresses for two clients on the same machine can be different along with the Hardwareinfo.

Since Razor aims at being non detectable (except for negotiating features) i expect the packet you suggested will never be implemented.

Varchild

Wanderer
Lichtblitz;798832 said:
There is no fail-proof way to determine if two clients are running on the same machine. With tools like UOProxie even the IP addresses for two clients on the same machine can be different along with the Hardwareinfo.

Since Razor aims at being non detectable (except for negotiating features) i expect the packet you suggested will never be implemented.

I suppose obviously that negotiate feature is forced to be enabled. ^^

Thilgon

Sorceror
for the feature negotiation, you need this: Razor Feature Negotiation

that forces the feature negotiation to be enabled... i haven't done very much testing with it, anyway it works well for light levels, as far as i can see :rolleyes: even if the feature negotiation is disabled...
It seems, anyway, to have a flaw: it is supposed to disconnect you if you don't have the latest razor installation and the feature negotiation is turned off, but, even if it sends the warning message, and seem to work on the light levels (only test i've run), it doesn't disconnect you as it is supposed to do...
probably that's because of some change in the SVN? not sure of it...
if someone with higher scripting skill could fix this for SVN, i would be grateful :p

Varchild

Wanderer
If you search on script release forum for "razor negotiator" you can find the server side of negotiate features.
The problem is this: hardwre info packet in not sent every time you login but once a day (I've read in another forum). Without that packet i cant verify if there are many clinets running on a single machine.

@Jeff: I reformulate the question. Could be possible to force razor to send a similar to HWInfo packet on request?

Jeff

Lord
Varchild;799041 said:
If you search on script release forum for "razor negotiator" you can find the server side of negotiate features.
The problem is this: hardwre info packet in not sent every time you login but once a day (I've read in another forum). Without that packet i cant verify if there are many clinets running on a single machine.

@Jeff: I reformulate the question. Could be possible to force razor to send a similar to HWInfo packet on request?

To be completely honest, I don't think Zippy is working on this much anymore, if at all.. and i would assume especially for new features. He might crack open the source to fix a bug, or encryption changes, but i doubt he will add new stuff.

Varchild

Wanderer
So razor is an ended project...

May be a good idea to release the source code to make possible for the community to implement new features?

:)

Jeff

Lord
Varchild;799498 said:
So razor is an ended project...

May be a good idea to release the source code to make possible for the community to implement new features?

:)

That wont happen.