RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Returning to the Forums...

greywolf79

Sorceror
I am returning to the forums after like 2-3 years away. Had a lot of personal stuff going on and am finally getting things put in order. I would like to see about doing more here again but wanted to find out some stuff first...

Is the newest version 2.2?
Is this version compatible with Windows 7? (not going to have ip issues like 2.0 RC1/RC2 and Vista)
Are there versions of things like pet breeding, ore/wood/leather addins, etc available for the newest version?
What are the major changes since RC1/RC2 of 2.0?

GreyWolf.

graverobbing

Sorceror
I am returning to the forums after like 2-3 years away. Had a lot of personal stuff going on and am finally getting things put in order. I would like to see about doing more here again but wanted to find out some stuff first...

Is the newest version 2.2?
Is this version compatible with Windows 7? (not going to have ip issues like 2.0 RC1/RC2 and Vista)
Are there versions of things like pet breeding, ore/wood/leather addins, etc available for the newest version?
What are the major changes since RC1/RC2 of 2.0?

GreyWolf.

1) Aslong as i know 2.2 is the latest downloable version.
2) 2.2 works good on Windows 7, thats what i used before i moved to Windows server.
3) Do you mean like custom Ore, Ingots changes etc? Yes, it does work.

greywolf79

Sorceror
ok... Thanks. It seems to be working... I do have another question. Where can I find out directions on setting it so that it sees the location of the client install? It keeps asking me for the location of the client files every time I turn it on.

graverobbing

Sorceror
ok... Thanks. It seems to be working... I do have another question. Where can I find out directions on setting it so that it sees the location of the client install? It keeps asking me for the location of the client files every time I turn it on.

Normally is C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/Ultima Online Classic Client/

Depends where you have installed it and your folder names.

greywolf79

Sorceror
I just used defaults... and the one you listed is my location for the client... But it makes me enter it every time I start the shard... I just want it for myself so I can get back into C# some... I also enjoy playing and making stuff and not getting attacked by other players or scammed... So I figure my own private shard for me to script for as well as maybe have a couple friends log into every now and then might be fun.

greywolf79

Sorceror
yeah, when I used to run an RC2 shard, it was only 1 time then did it auto after... I have restarted like 20 times due to system reboots and a couple small custom scripts I added... Each time it asks for the location... Alwell.

graverobbing

Sorceror
Try to enter and save as admin (if you haven't had a save yet) the server and then boot it again, this must not be the insue, but just in case...

Tried to run it as admin? Win7 is bit of a dick with those things...

Maybe your adding the wrong folder, also wich version of UO are you using?

greywolf79

Sorceror
I did add me as an admin and saved more than once... Still same issue... Run the Shard as admin in win7? Not really tried that because it ran without that command but I can give it a shot.