RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] RevRaffle 0.1.2

No permission to download

Bittiez

Sorceror
Bittiez submitted a new resource:

RevRaffle (version 0.0.1) - Set up raffles for players to win prizes!

This requires Utilities 0.0.2, click here to download

What is this?
This is a Raffle Stone, when you place it, a staff member must set it up(By double clicking it and following the instructions) you set the price per ticket, the time when it expires, and the item to award.

When a player double clicks it, it will show them a gump with the item,...

Read more about this resource...

Erevan

Sorceror
Thanks for the idea credit.. :)

Been looking at this timer, and everything looks normal, but for some reason, it isn't running its course. It's a different method than I'm used to myself, but unless it's a hiccup with DateTime, then I'm not quite sure what the problem is.

Also, the Init method for this (as well as BoxerChat) throws an error due to protection level. Just a head's up.

Bittiez

Sorceror
Thanks for the idea credit.. :)

Been looking at this timer, and everything looks normal, but for some reason, it isn't running its course. It's a different method than I'm used to myself, but unless it's a hiccup with DateTime, then I'm not quite sure what the problem is.

Also, the Init method for this (as well as BoxerChat) throws an error due to protection level. Just a head's up.
Keep in mind, this checks every 5 minutes if the its past the expiration time

Erevan

Sorceror
Small suggestion: items should be able to retain the hue when displayed in the gump. Simple enough to fix. :)

Erevan

Sorceror
For anyone who doesn't want the item type to display (i.e. the gump displays SkillCodex when the item's name is really Codex of Wisdom), simply open StoneGuide.cs, and remove .GetType() from this line:

Code:
AddLabel(14, 50, 42, @"Item: " + REVR.Prize.GetType().Name);

Your item(s) will then display whatever the given name is. Be forewarned however, this could potentially cause a null exception if the item doesn't have a name property.

This is just personal preference for myself, and not a necessity. Figured I'd be kind enough to share it. :)

Bittiez

Sorceror
For anyone who doesn't want the item type to display (i.e. the gump displays SkillCodex when the item's name is really Codex of Wisdom), simply open StoneGuide.cs, and remove .GetType() from this line:

Code:
AddLabel(14, 50, 42, @"Item: " + REVR.Prize.GetType().Name);

Your item(s) will then display whatever the given name is. Be forewarned however, this could potentially cause a null exception if the item doesn't have a name property.

This is just personal preference for myself, and not a necessity. Figured I'd be kind enough to share it. :)
Actually, the reason I did it with GetType() is because a lot of items don't have a name set, so it would just return blank.
I think the reason that happens is because if the item ID has a name in the mul(or uop) files and the script doesn't set the name, it uses the name from the mul(So to save time, a lot of items don't have names in their script files) if that makes any sense.. Ill make a fix in the next release to use .name first if it exists, if not it will use .gettype().name

Erevan

Sorceror
No worries. Not knocking the design, just wanted to plug that in there if anyone else downloaded it and was concerned with the name (similar questions were raised with the "rewards vendor" stones awhile back).

Erevan

Sorceror
Just curious.. if I wanted to send players a unique gump, overriding what you have in the OnDoubleClick method won't send anything else into a tizzy, will it? I'd rather send a smaller, more simplistic gump with a bit of info about how the raffle works, and use the larger gump for Staff view only.

Bittiez

Sorceror
You can do whatever you want with it, just remember you're going to have to readjust all the buttons and what not, wouldn't it be easier to add some text to the buy ticket page, just keep it all in that one page for players?

Erevan

Sorceror
You can do whatever you want with it, just remember you're going to have to readjust all the buttons and what not, wouldn't it be easier to add some text to the buy ticket page, just keep it all in that one page for players?

I suppose it's mainly aesthetic preference. Resizing and giving the gump a different background would likely be easier by just using one of the pre-mades I have laying about. I could be wrong, but I'd prefer to keep this as "stock" as possible without doing my own crazy edits, in the event you expand upon it in the future and I'm interested in the update. I know, that all sounds quirky, but I'd imagine everyone has their own oddities when developing. :)

Bittiez

Sorceror
I suppose it's mainly aesthetic preference. Resizing and giving the gump a different background would likely be easier by just using one of the pre-mades I have laying about. I could be wrong, but I'd prefer to keep this as "stock" as possible without doing my own crazy edits, in the event you expand upon it in the future and I'm interested in the update. I know, that all sounds quirky, but I'd imagine everyone has their own oddities when developing. :)
I don't really know if that was a question or a statement, but go ahead and do any updates you want to the script, you can always redownload if it gets messed up