RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rune Crafting & Enchanting system

Obez

Wanderer
Rune Crafting & Enchanting system

This system enables scribes to craft many different runes, each one having a different effect when inscribed to weapons, armor, clothing or jewelry.

inscription is required for crafting the runa and adding it to the equipment.

The scribe requires a Rune Chisel as the crafting tool and a blank rune in addition to casting reagents.

also Rough Stones are teh raw material that can be used to make blank runes.

This is a detailed list of the runes and their effect on equipment:
Code:
Syllable		Effect		Meaning

Aglo	Durability Bonus		Armor
Ahm	Spell channeling		Honesty
An	Hit dispel			Negate or Dispel
Arma	Use best  weapon skill	Weapon or Arms ( Paladin )
Bal	Hit leech Stam		Evil
Beh	Regen stam		Justice		
Bet	Hit magic arrow		Small
Cah	Mage armor / weapon	Sacrifice
Char	Hit lower defence		Part
Corp	Inc. spell damage		Death
Del	Resist cold		Cold
Des	Hit lower attack		Lower or Down
Dium	Resist physical bonus	Noble ( Paladin )
Ex	Bonus stam		Freedom
Flam	Resist fire			Flame
Flamus	Hit Fire Area		Fire ( Paladin )
Frio	Hit cold area		Cold ( Pre UO )
Furis	Hit energy area		Fury ( Paladin )
Gra	Hit leech hits		Drain/Leech or Siphon
Grav	Hit physical area		Field
Hur	Resist energy		Wind
In 	Luck			Make, Create or Cause
Jux	Hit harm			Danger, Trap or Harm
Kal	Hit fireball		Invoke
Lor	Night Sight		Light
Lum	Lower stat requirments	Humility
Malas	Hit poison area		Evil ( Paladin )
Mani	Bonus hits		Life or Healing
Mu	Regen hits		Compassion
Nox	Resist posion bonus	Poison
Om	Regen mana		Spirituality
Ort	Bonus mana		Magic
Pas	Lower mana cost		After/Beyond
Por	Bonus dex		Move or Movement
Quas	Hit leech mana		Illusion
Ra	Defend chance		Valor
Rel	Self repair		Change
Sanct	Reflect physical		Protect or Protection
Sar	Inc. weapon damage		Pain
Summ	Cast recovery		Honor
Tym	Inc. weapon speed		Time
Um 	Cast speed		Shadow
Uus	Attack chance		Rise or Up
Vas	Bonus str			Great
Wis	bonus int			Know/Knowledge
Xen	hit lightning		Creature
Ylem	Lower reg cost		Matter
Zu	Enhance potions		Sleep

Also

Adding the RoughStone to the ML mining system.
go to Scrips/Engines/Harvest/Mining.cs and find:
Code:
if ( Core.ML )
			{
				oreAndStone.BonusResources = new BonusHarvestResource[]
				{
					new BonusHarvestResource( 0, 95.8664, null, null ),	//Nothing	//Note: Rounded the below to .0167 instead of 1/6th of a %.  Close enough
					new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .0167, 1072562, typeof( BlueDiamond ) ),
					new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .0167, 1072567, typeof( DarkSapphire ) ),
					new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .0167, 1072570, typeof( EcruCitrine ) ),
					new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .0167, 1072564, typeof( FireRuby ) ),
					new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .0167, 1072566, typeof( PerfectEmerald ) ),
					new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .0167, 1072568, typeof( Turquoise ) )

and add the new bonus harvest resource:
Code:
                    			new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .5, "you dig up a Rough Stone and put it in your backpack", typeof( RoughStone ))//added for runecrafting

Your mining.cs code should look like:

VindiKat;746173 said:
Using Greystar's Blackrock example as a template,
Code:
if ( Core.ML )
			{
				{
					new BonusHarvestResource( 0, 95.8664, null, null ),	//Nothing	//Note: Rounded the below to .0167 instead of 1/6th of a %.  Close enough
					new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .0167, 1072568, typeof( Turquoise ) ),
                    			new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .5, "you dig up a Rough Stone and put it in your backpack", typeof( RoughStone ))//added for runecrafting

The File has been updated to include a much better working version of the system and add a few extra things that I forgot the first time arund.
hope this version is bug free and if there are any problems let know
thanks

Attachments

• Rune Crafting.rar
    86.6 KB · Views: 826
great idea

but does this have a way of stopping a 2nd one from being used on it?
or a max of so many properties, before they can no longer be added (like the spell craft system)?
and do they stack with the current abilities or replace them?
if stacking, is there a way to stop them from using it on same peice more than once?

reason i ask, is because if not,
can end up with stuff with tons of stuff on them
and become way over powering

Macil

Sorceror
Beat Me To It...

Aw man, I JUST finished making a system like this. I also called it the Enchantment System. Looks like I'll have to go dig around in my bag of creativity for a fresher idea since you beat me to the punch. Heh.

Actually, I like that you used the runes, I didn't do that with my system. I'll install this when I get home from work later and see if it beats my version (no doubt it will, heh).

Good work from a glance though.

Obez

Wanderer
Thanks alot guys

Lord_Greywolf;744009 said:
great idea

but does this have a way of stopping a 2nd one from being used on it?
or a max of so many properties, before they can no longer be added (like the spell craft system)?
and do they stack with the current abilities or replace them?
if stacking, is there a way to stop them from using it on same peice more than once?

reason i ask, is because if not,
can end up with stuff with tons of stuff on them
and become way over powering

and to answer ur questions:
if u add 2 of teh same rune they WILL stack.
there is no max amount of properties to be added BUT
there is a chance the weapon/armor etc. will break every time u enchant it so u probably won't want to add to many enhancments and you won't be able to make some kind of super weapon or something.

ie. u <i>can</i> enchant ur equipment with a Ylem rune till u get 100% lower reg cost on one item..
but it'll deff break before then.
so it'll be better to try and get a Ylem suit or something

Johabius

Knight
You can easily set up any vendor to sell the rune chisels by adding this line to their prospective SB file.

For example, if you wanted your scribe to sell the rune chisels, you would add this line to SBScribe.cs

Code:
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( typeof( RuneChisel ), 8,  20, 0x13E3, 0 ) );
where 8 is the cost, 20 is the amount that the scribe stocks, 0x13E3 is the item ID, and I really have no idea what the 0 is for right offhand.

robflorek

Sorceror
thanks

Ill try that ,i was wondering what command i would use just to get one and try it out ...
Like [GET RuneChisel?
nevermind i add it
ok so where do Rough Stones come from are they mined?
Im sorry im new at this.

Greystar

Wanderer
robflorek;745363 said:
Ill try that ,i was wondering what command i would use just to get one and try it out ...
Like [GET RuneChisel?
nevermind i add it
ok so where do Rough Stones come from are they mined?
Im sorry im new at this.

You have to make them available somehow. I'd probably add them as "Bonus Resources" those would be discovered when you mine. You could also add them to say Earth Elementals to drop as loot. This Author needs to add more installation detail, I figured I'd download the file and look to see if there where any installation instructions and there where none. So what I said are a couple of options to making them available. If you use my TreasureShovel you could add them as something players could dig up. Just offered a few suggestions on how to get them. I'm not sure what else is in this but you could use my suggestions to make the rest available for your players.

Obez

Wanderer
Greystar;745382 said:
You have to make them available somehow. I'd probably add them as "Bonus Resources" those would be discovered when you mine. You could also add them to say Earth Elementals to drop as loot. This Author needs to add more installation detail, I figured I'd download the file and look to see if there where any installation instructions and there where none. So what I said are a couple of options to making them available. If you use my TreasureShovel you could add them as something players could dig up. Just offered a few suggestions on how to get them. I'm not sure what else is in this but you could use my suggestions to make the rest available for your players.

Adding the rough stone to mining is an excellent idea and I hadn't even thought about it untill u mentioned it. Adding it to Earth ele loot is a good idea also.
Thanks alot I also have a Rune crafter npc that sells the rune chisel.
for some reason its not lettign me edit the attachments in the main post so ill add the rune crafter and the mining.cs here.

as you can see i added directions on adding the rough stones to mining.cs but it'll just be easier to take mine if your mining.cs isn't already modified.

Greystar

Wanderer
Obez;745632 said:
Adding the rough stone to mining is an excellent idea and I hadn't even thought about it untill u mentioned it. Adding it to Earth ele loot is a good idea also.
Thanks alot I also have a Rune crafter npc that sells the rune chisel.
for some reason its not lettign me edit the attachments in the main post so ill add the rune crafter and the mining.cs here.

as you can see i added directions on adding the rough stones to mining.cs but it'll just be easier to take mine if your mining.cs isn't already modified.

Now I have to ask... What version of RunUO is this for? that looks like older code and it also not exactly what i meant...

Code:
			if ( Core.ML )
			{
				{
					new BonusHarvestResource( 0, 99.8664, null, null ),	//Nothing	//Note: Rounded the below to .0167 instead of 1/6th of a %.  Close enough
                    new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .0167, 1077180, typeof( BlackRockSmall ) ),
                    new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .0167, 1077181, typeof( BlackRockLarge ) )
				};
			}

I meant to add it to the BonusHarvestResources... I think what you added will never get mined anyway... if you have ML activated you have the posibility of having Bonus Resources dug up I added BlackRock to mine. Bonus resources have to equal 100. So do regular resources when mining.

Obez

Wanderer
Greystar;745662 said:
Now I have to ask... What version of RunUO is this for? that looks like older code and it also not exactly what i meant...

Code:
			if ( Core.ML )
			{
				{
					new BonusHarvestResource( 0, 99.8664, null, null ),	//Nothing	//Note: Rounded the below to .0167 instead of 1/6th of a %.  Close enough
                    new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .0167, 1077180, typeof( BlackRockSmall ) ),
                    new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .0167, 1077181, typeof( BlackRockLarge ) )
				};
			}

I meant to add it to the BonusHarvestResources... I think what you added will never get mined anyway... if you have ML activated you have the posibility of having Bonus Resources dug up I added BlackRock to mine. Bonus resources have to equal 100. So do regular resources when mining.

Im using RunUO 2.0 RC1 I think?

I havent updated in a long time because I sorta quit trying to start up my server awhile ago I just recently decided to finish up and all of the older scripts I was working on and send them out to the community.

I guess I didn't really know what u meant because I havent ever played ML and I dunno what its like. guess that makes the whole 'adding rough stone to mining' section pretty useless :/

I wasnt even aware that Runuo updated hah

The system works properly for your version of RunUO right?

Greystar

Wanderer
Obez;745700 said:
Im using RunUO 2.0 RC1 I think?

I havent updated in a long time because I sorta quit trying to start up my server awhile ago I just recently decided to finish up and all of the older scripts I was working on and send them out to the community.

I guess I didn't really know what u meant because I havent ever played ML and I dunno what its like. guess that makes the whole 'adding rough stone to mining' section pretty useless :/

I wasnt even aware that Runuo updated hah

The system works properly for your version of RunUO right?

Don't know not using it at the moment. I already have something very similar and don't need two systems that do the same thing, more or less. I'm using the XMLSocket system that's provided as an addon to the XMLSpawner system. The idea intregued me and people were asking how to get the resources to use in this system so I figured I'd take a look and make suggestions.

Obez

Wanderer
Greystar;745777 said:
Don't know not using it at the moment. I already have something very similar and don't need two systems that do the same thing, more or less. I'm using the XMLSocket system that's provided as an addon to the XMLSpawner system. The idea intregued me and people were asking how to get the resources to use in this system so I figured I'd take a look and make suggestions.

ah i see. Well would all you have to do is add a new HarvestBonusResource in order to add my RoughStone to work in the ML mining system? because I'd really like to be able to add it to a current version of RunUO.

also, the downloads secion of the site doesn't seem to be working ,is there any other way I could download teh current version?

thanks

Greystar

Wanderer
Obez;745833 said:
ah i see. Well would all you have to do is add a new HarvestBonusResource in order to add my RoughStone to work in the ML mining system? because I'd really like to be able to add it to a current version of RunUO.

also, the downloads secion of the site doesn't seem to be working ,is there any other way I could download teh current version?

thanks

I don't know what's changed between RC1 and RC2... You could add it to the Harvest system, but the way you did it, I don't think is entirely correct. I'm at work right now so I can't take a look at the code and compare it to mine.

If your version of RunUO doesn't have the BonusHarvestResource then adding it could be difficult, especially since I don't know where it's called from.

If you've got your rough stone from mining with your mods, just go ahead and leave it. Again I have too many changed in my shard to test how things work without messing with how I intend for things to work. Currently im working on a metallurgy system to allow for additional Alloys to be used in Weapons and Armor without having to mine new metals.

Obez

Wanderer
Greystar;745847 said:
I don't know what's changed between RC1 and RC2... You could add it to the Harvest system, but the way you did it, I don't think is entirely correct. I'm at work right now so I can't take a look at the code and compare it to mine.

If your version of RunUO doesn't have the BonusHarvestResource then adding it could be difficult, especially since I don't know where it's called from.

If you've got your rough stone from mining with your mods, just go ahead and leave it. Again I have too many changed in my shard to test how things work without messing with how I intend for things to work. Currently im working on a metallurgy system to allow for additional Alloys to be used in Weapons and Armor without having to mine new metals.

yeah i gotcha. thats completely understandable
and i guess u were right about my mining.cs mod, it doesn't seem to be working correctly idk what i did.
I think I'll just wait for the downlods section to get fixed than try and get it to work with RC2.
Thanks for your input
much appreciated :)

Greystar

Wanderer
Obez;745869 said:
yeah i gotcha. thats completely understandable
and i guess u were right about my mining.cs mod, it doesn't seem to be working correctly idk what i did.
I think I'll just wait for the downlods section to get fixed than try and get it to work with RC2.
Thanks for your input
much appreciated :)

Post edited to remove original comment...
Obez already saw it.

VindiKat

Wanderer
tested mining.cs changes for rc2

Obez;745833 said:

thanks

Using Greystar's Blackrock example as a template, your roughstone works with ML mining just fine:

Code:
if ( Core.ML )
			{
				{

I changed the percentage so it would drop more often for testing purposes, but I wanted to let you know it works for rc2.

Amy-

Sorceror
Obez;744112 said:
ie. u <i>can</i> enchant ur equipment with a Ylem rune till u get 100% lower reg cost on one item..
but it'll deff break before then.
so it'll be better to try and get a Ylem suit or something

You might want to check that, I was able to make a 133% LRC robe before it poofed, first try :)
I like it though, with some tweaks of course