RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunU O 2.0 RC1& RC2] The Complete Customizable Vendor

krazeykow

Sorceror
trixtA-hybrid;821062 said:
It seems to still just use gold rather then points, when i type in xmlpoints and click [props so that its checked i go back into it and it looks as if it was cleared and goes back to gold.

I'm assuming thats what you meant by check set by property?

do i just check the [props of Item/Player and in the textfield type xmlpoints? or [props xmlpoints? or ?

Yes, click set by property, type in xmlpoints, and then press target payment source above it.

I know it's kind of counter-intuitive but I didn't have time to add a button.

targetofhate

Wanderer
krazeykow;821063 said:
Yes, click set by property, type in xmlpoints, and then press target payment source above it.

I know it's kind of counter-intuitive but I didn't have time to add a button.

Oh! Sweet! thank you so much works like a charm!

krazeykow

Sorceror
:) Added a version that supports XML Points!!

Like I said, if it doesn't have the feature, suggest it! I haven't gotten around to adding Creatures as rewards, that will take quite a bit of re-engineering.

LordHogFred

Knight
Awesome update with the XmlPoints.
You reckon you'd be able to add support for XmlAttachments in general?
So deduct from a specified int value on a specified attachment?

krazeykow

Sorceror
NEW XML Attachment version released!! Yes, it does exactly what it sounds like, it now accepts ANY Xml Attachment with integer based properties.

ANY integer based XmlAttachment can be used for the payment type. Select XmlAttachment. Enter the name, target the item, and select the property.
For those who had the XmlPoints version you will need to reset the vendors, follow the above directions and use 'XmlPoints' target yourself, then select points.

Everyone thank LordHogFred and trixtA-hybrid for the new XmlAttachment Release!

*Also, if anyone wants a new display gump, go download gumpstudio and make a general layout of the menu and I'll add them to the menu collection with your name included!!

feralfreak

Sorceror
I noticed a while back someone had asked about allowing Powerscrolls to be sold. Is that possible? I'm thinking of making the 110's purchasable but it won't let me add it to the vendor.

krazeykow

Sorceror
feralfreak;821906 said:
I noticed a while back someone had asked about allowing Powerscrolls to be sold. Is that possible? I'm thinking of making the 110's purchasable but it won't let me add it to the vendor.

This is because the powerscroll class does not have a default constructor add the following to your Powerscroll.cs file.

Code:
        [Constructable]
        public PowerScroll()
            : base(0x14F0)
        {
            base.Hue = 0x481;
            base.Weight = 1.0;

}

And it will work, no flaws. I will provide an update with my next big release that will have an item generator that supports constructors with value type parameters.

*ALSO ... The offer still stands, if you want more menus to choose from, go create a general layout with gumpstudio (only has to be the player purchase view).

sacranym

Sorceror
Ok so yeah this does look like an awsome script and I would love to use it but I keep getting what
resembles this!
Line X; The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for 'X'

X being some random number in the first and in the second X being some random item or gump. What is the problem here? It occurs right off the install of the file so and one can really attempt to find it without me posting from line 17 to line 2578 or some ott. BTW it alwase starts with currency on line 17 for some reason. any Idea why?

krazeykow

Sorceror
sacranym;823945 said:
Ok so yeah this does look like an awsome script and I would love to use it but I keep getting what
resembles this!
Line X; The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for 'X'

X being some random number in the first and in the second X being some random item or gump. What is the problem here? It occurs right off the install of the file so and one can really attempt to find it without me posting from line 17 to line 2578 or some ott. BTW it alwase starts with currency on line 17 for some reason. any Idea why?

If you have the class name 'Reward' already in your Script file (you most likely do) you will need to open in notepad and use Replace All for Reward .. replace it with anything else (CustomReward).

OR You downloaded the XML Version and you don't have Spawn Editor 2.

If this doesn't fix it please post the error.

LordHogFred

Knight
Just had a couple of ideas that you could possibly add.

One would be some form of auction system for players to place items on a vendor and then at any auction vendor they can place bids, etc.

Also I was thinking the other day that a public vendor would be quite cool. If you had a vendor in a market place that any player could put an item on and set their price. However, any player could do this on the same vendor so Player A could put on his spare artis and Player B could put on his spare resources and when sold the money goes back to the corresponding player.

One last one was maybe allow players to buy attachments? The standard XML Attachments allow you to add temp stat bonuses and skills to a player.

What you think?

:)

krazeykow

Sorceror
Iomega0318;824317 said:
Very nice, I can't wait to give this a try! Great job!

Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated. :)

LordHogFred;824335 said:
Just had a couple of ideas that you could possibly add.

One would be some form of auction system for players to place items on a vendor and then at any auction vendor they can place bids, etc.

Also I was thinking the other day that a public vendor would be quite cool. If you had a vendor in a market place that any player could put an item on and set their price. However, any player could do this on the same vendor so Player A could put on his spare artis and Player B could put on his spare resources and when sold the money goes back to the corresponding player.

One last one was maybe allow players to buy attachments? The standard XML Attachments allow you to add temp stat bonuses and skills to a player.

What you think?

:)

I like the public vendor idea and I'll definitely start planning how to script the basis of it (combined w/ a best offer); although, right now I"m working on another project ;)

JamzeMcC

Squire
Hey Krazy, Just wanted to say thank you for this script! I have this running using the latest SVN. The only thing I did was go through and rename all instances of "Reward" to "MyReward" Compiled fine, no errors and so far no crashes. It took me FOREVER to get ALL those little words changed tho. Thought I would upload it here so no one else has to ruin their eyesight or go further insane trying to get it done. This is the XML version but I also think Ive gotten the non XML done if anyone needs that one. Ive not compiled that one but after about the 18th time thru, I think I got em all lol Anyhow, Here it is. Thanks again!!!

Attachments

• [RC2] Rewards System - XML Attachments .cs
    95.5 KB · Views: 57

krazeykow

Sorceror
JamzeMcC;826822 said:
Hey Krazy, Just wanted to say thank you for this script! I have this running using the latest SVN. The only thing I did was go through and rename all instances of "Reward" to "MyReward" Compiled fine, no errors and so far no crashes. It took me FOREVER to get ALL those little words changed tho. Thought I would upload it here so no one else has to ruin their eyesight or go further insane trying to get it done. This is the XML version but I also think Ive gotten the non XML done if anyone needs that one. Ive not compiled that one but after about the 18th time thru, I think I got em all lol Anyhow, Here it is. Thanks again!!!

Haha sorry to have put you through so much trouble.

Really, I was a dummy for not packaging the system, which would prevent this whole extravaganza.

I put up new instructions that will prevent ANY class name conflict errors.

Kuzlac

Wanderer
This is one of my favorite scripts, GREAT JOB! but I am having a small problem with it. When I add custom items to the stone rewards vendor, it shows "~1_NOTHING~ on mouse over. Is there anyway to fix it? ty

krazeykow

Sorceror
Displaying the tool-tip to the item on mouse over does not work with custom menus. If you want this done, you must use a mobile with the classic vendor menu. The players can see the item, however, by pressing the button of the item or 'view item.'

Hope this helps.