RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunU O 2.0 RC1& RC2] The Complete Customizable Vendor

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Believe it would make more sense to base the % increase/decrease by the count of how many exist in player hands. But then to make it even better, you'd need to come up with a formula of which items are collected to determine it's popularity and base it off a base price with some made up formula. Making a perfect economy isn't easy, if even possible. Pretty much every single nation in all of history has failed so far. =P

kaylesk

Sorceror
Running svn 665 xmlspawner installed - using xml version of this script - Compiles fine but bugs on Classic Gump buy. I tried Pr3d13's latest fix for that freeze, but still get it. The transaction goes through, but my client bogs down, ClassicGump stays on screen, can't move etc, but can log out - so it isn't completely crashing it.

Tried to compare the xml version to the non in winmerge, but the couple lines I thought might fix things didn't.

JewlGump seems to work just fine.

cho7981

Sorceror

After the display is so often over time.

My [SVN] Rewards System-no xml.cs

Phr3d13

Sorceror
i think someone is using easyuo to change the prices. maybe try moving your vendors to somewhere that players wouldn't be able to get to since you're using the display items

tass23

Page
Compiles fine but bugs on Classic Gump buy. I tried Pr3d13's latest fix for that freeze, but still get it. The transaction goes through, but my client bogs down, ClassicGump stays on screen, can't move etc, but can log out - so it isn't completely crashing it.

Tried to compare the xml version to the non in winmerge, but the couple lines I thought might fix things didn't.

JewlGump seems to work just fine.
I have the same problem with the classic gump. I've just been setting all the vendors to the jewel gump, it looks nicer anyway. If anyone figures it out, let me know.
I'm also curious as to why I can't "copy vendor". It says "A vendor cannot copy itself."

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
In order to copy a vendor, you have to place a new vendor. Then select the existing vendor you want to copy, as it will copy everything over from an old vendor to a new one. Can't exactly copy to it's self.

kaylesk

Sorceror
I have the same problem with the classic gump. I've just been setting all the vendors to the jewel gump, it looks nicer anyway. If anyone figures it out, let me know.
I'm also curious as to why I can't "copy vendor". It says "A vendor cannot copy itself."

I've also noticed a similar freeze when clicking View Reward in an xmlquest gump - Being that I'm running the Xml version of the custom vendor script, it might be the same issue. This isn't high on my priority list atm and I'm just a noob with c# so anyone else with more experience and some ideas I'm all ears, it would be much appreciated. But if I do manage a fix I'll make sure to post it! It would be my 2nd bug squashed so far :)

tass23

Page
I found something rather interesting last night. After putting several items on the vendor, causing multiple pages of items to be viewed, the first time you open the vendor window to buy something and click on an item, it shows you the item above the one you clicked on, then it takes you back to the first page. I could see this being a bit of an issue if you have 4-5 pages of items listed.

opps sorry wrong section repostin on the alpha goldledger although i would like to know how to set up a box like that with items for sale on my shard seen it elsewhere worked pretty well :)

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Just use this system and get the items from the display box that it creates. It sets the box under the stone, which you can access manually...but I suggest just getting the box via the button on the gump. You then display the items how you want.

tass23

Page
If anyone has any idea on this one, let me know:
Players are saying that when you click on items in the jewel gump, it shows you the item above it and the last item in the list can never get purchased. As a workaround, I added a "placeholder" item, a recall rune, as the last item just so people could buy the other stuff.

smoknaces21

Wanderer
I am having problems with the script as well, kind of a noob at programming. I threw the files into custom folder. and it gave me massive errors mostly conflicts, i tried changing them all with an x at the end and then it just crashed runuo alltogether. lol Anyway thanks for the upload this looks awesome, can't wait to get it running.