RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0+] Easier Large BOD completion

Duplex

Sorceror
why: I wrote this a while ago because my friends were rather frustrated about the literally thousands of worthless small bods that were on the server.

the idea: to reduce the number of small bods required to fill a large bod to around 50:1 (if you have 50-ish small bods you should be able to fill at least one large bod) but without changing the rewards or the bod delay times.

What it does: Large bods ask for up to 6 items by type only, to that you can attach any completed small bod of the same type (with any quantity, any material, exceptional/regular)

what you get: When you turn in the large bod the reward system calculates the reward based on the sum of the difficulty of the attached small bods (rather than just the large bod as distro)

note: the rewards are calculated with a modified distro calculation so you should recieve the same gold and item for a completed large bod as a comparable distro large bod.

for example:
large bod makes request for axe, dagger

you add smalll bods of axe, iron, regular, x10 and dagger, iron, regular, x10 to complete it - you will get low reward
or
you add smalll bods of axe, valorite, exceptional, x20 and dagger, verite, exceptional, x15 to complete it - you will get a much higher reward

installation: on a fresh system drop in the modified files, on an existing system this changes the bod book and the large bod so bear that in mind when testing.

Attachments

• Easier Large Bod System.zip
    19.7 KB · Views: 67

Alyssa Dark

Sorceror
nice timing, lol, was just about to start testing some large bod changes but i think your idea of being able to use any small to fill it by type is a good one... so now i'll try this first :)

it seems that currenlty, it's near impossible to actually fill a large since not many around to exchange/work on them

Duplex

Sorceror
yea i did calculate the odds of one person completing a large bod on the distro is over 2700:1 (types*materials*qty*exceptional) (blacksmith)
great if you have a really massive population of bod fans

Duplex

Sorceror
Yes, this is compatible with Taming Bods and and also OWLTR (by not relying on Clilocs).
You do need to merge in the new materials tho.