RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Advanced Cartography 1.0 Beta

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Advanced Cartography 1.0 Beta

ADVANCED CARTOGRAPHY AND TREASURE MAPS

This is an expanded cartography system that will be able to be used on both regular and custom map shards. Instead of creating new map gumps, this system uses coordinates somewhat similar to the SoS system. When a map is doubleclicked, either to decode or to read after decoding, a gump will appear giving the x and y coordinates to where the treasure is located.

Along with this comes a constructable treasure map system that allows cartographers to piece together fragments of treasure maps to construct lower level treasure maps. These are named: regular, rare, and ancient. Each of these requires it's own type of treasure map piece that can be found on creatures using the lootpack system.

On the shard that we are building, certain common objects are going to be rather rare, including blank scrolls and paper. In addition to the advanced cartography, there is an expanded cartography system included that allows cartographers to construct blank scrolls and books by using pressed papyrus, which is made by carpenters using pith, which is constructed by the cooking skill using wood and water. This expanded system is optional to the advanced system and doesn't need to be used, but I think it adds a nice little touch.

Advanced Cartography, and the expansion, are RunUO 2.0 RC1 compatible and require only a few modifications to distro scripts. Loot.cs and LootPack.cs are marked for easy merging or copying, and the only modifications to DefCartography.cs are in the construction section near the bottom. TreasureMap.cs requires some heavy modification.

This system is designed for custom map shards, though "normal" map shards will be able to utilize this system as well. If you run a normal shard, the TreasureMap.cs script should not require any modification. The distro script should handle advanced cartography just fine.

PLEASE NOTE: As I've looked through this, I realize it actually will work better with normal OSI maps. Using the custom TreasureMap.cs will bring in the new Treasure Map Gump. Using the distro will use the normal OSI Treasure Map Gump. So if you have a normal map, don't think this won't work for you. It can actually be considered to be in final release format for normal maps, but not custom maps, as I've yet to figure out the sextant coordinates problem with 3Dpoint and 2Dpoint.

Future Plans:
- Sextant coordinates instead of x/y coordinates for treasure map gump.
- More craftables available for cartography.
- Book of Travel craftable for cartography with magery/inscription.

Instructions
1. After downloading, unzip and put the files in your Scripts/Customs folder.
2. Move your DefCartography.cs, Loot.cs, and LootPack.cs to a backup folder. Move TreasureMap.cs to a backup folder if you are using a custom map.
3. Make the modifications to DefCarpentry.cs and DefCooking.cs if you want to use the expanded cartography system.
4. Restart your shard.

Modifications
----------------------------------------------------------------------
DefCarpentry.cs

Find this line of code:
Code:
			AddCraft( typeof( WaterTroughEastDeed ), 			1044299, 1044349, 94.7, 119.7, typeof( Log ), 1044041, 150, 1044351 );
			AddCraft( typeof( WaterTroughSouthDeed ), 			1044299, 1044350, 94.7, 119.7, typeof( Log ), 1044041, 150, 1044351 );

And below it place this:
Code:
			index = AddCraft( typeof ( PressedPapyrus ),			1044294, "pressed papyrus", 65.0, 120.0, typeof ( Log ), 1044041, 1, 1044351 );
			AddRes( index, typeof( Pith ), "Pith", 1, "You don't have enough pith." );

DefCooking.cs

Add this code at the end of the construct list:
Code:
			index = AddCraft( typeof( Pith ), "Other", "Pith", 50.0, 100.0, typeof( Log ), "Log or Board", 5, 1044253 );
			AddRes( index, typeof( BaseBeverage ), 1046458, 1, 1044253 );
			SetNeedOven( index, true );

A big THANKS to these people that helped out with problems I was having:

Joeku
Storm33229
Irial
Phantom

Attachments

• AdvancedCartography.zip
    25.3 KB · Views: 368

dragonlady

Sorceror
I'm trying to add this in but i can't seem to find this line u said SetSubRes( typeof( Log ), "Change Wood" );?

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Oh, whoops. Might have to change that. Realized that's there if there are other types of wood (meaning, other resources). Anywhere in DefCarpentry at the end should work. Try putting it after this code:

Code:
			AddCraft( typeof( WaterTroughEastDeed ), 			1044299, 1044349, 94.7, 119.7, typeof( Log ), 1044041, 150, 1044351 );
			AddCraft( typeof( WaterTroughSouthDeed ), 			1044299, 1044350, 94.7, 119.7, typeof( Log ), 1044041, 150, 1044351 );

It doesn't really matter where you put it in the AddCraft code functionally. The reason I didn't include my DefCooking.cs and DefCarpentry.cs is they are highly modified to include many other systems and the additions were rather small. Sorry about that. If you still have probs, I can let you take a look at my DefCarpentry script.

Sparkin

Sorceror
Sweet system Love it, The only thing is i had to change the [where to player access so players dont have to use UOAM if they choose not to
thanks guys!

Vhaerun

Sorceror
That's a good idea. Do yo use a custom map or do you use the regular OSI map? If you use the regular map, you shouldn't have to use the modified TreasureMap.cs, which has the new gump in it.

Sparkin

Sorceror
on our 2.0 shard we use OSI maps but as soon as i can find a way to add maps w/o loosing the osi ones ill toss my maps on... id like to have more maps but so far it hasnt worked :(

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Sparkin said:
on our 2.0 shard we use OSI maps but as soon as i can find a way to add maps w/o loosing the osi ones ill toss my maps on... id like to have more maps but so far it hasnt worked :(

Do you mean that the Advanced Cartography doesn't work with the unmodified TreasureMap.cs script? If you're having problems, let me know.

@Dracana: Hope it works well for ya. :) Let me know if you have any problems.