RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Arya's <<_Addon Generator_>>

milva;644412 said:
Hi Lucid Nagual- quick question- was it you who posted a method to make these addons re-deed able? Just thought I would ask-if not I will have to search for it Thanks!

It doesn't work if you are a staff member. Use a staff orb that will turn you from staff to player and then try it. I might make a fix to the BaseHouse in a few days.

Thadeus

Wanderer
I'm lost.

Someone mind giving me a small rundown on how I would make an addon?
Not sure what I need other than this script or what steps to take.
I'm a total newb, but I learn quickly. :cool:

tia,
Thadeus

Thadeus;644768 said:
Someone mind giving me a small rundown on how I would make an addon?
Not sure what I need other than this script or what steps to take.
I'm a total newb, but I learn quickly. :cool:

tia,
Thadeus

Place your static items and then type in the command like this example:
[addongen MyAddon

MyAddon would represent whatever name you would like your addon to be called. (If you choose to use the gump please do not select the static button.)

And then target the two outer boundries of the statics.

O------------
|.................|
|.................|
|.................|
|.................|
-------------O

The blue circles represent the areas that you target. The dotted lines would be the area that holds the statics items that you want to create the addon with. Hold this answers all your questions :)

dniats311

Wanderer
Interesting.

Interesting script. of course I am new to scripting so not sure what some of the lines mean :p. I noticed that some people are/were having problems with this script running with Xanthos auction system. Well I have all of Xanthos systems/scripts except for the auction one and I have only one Error with this script and its not due to Xanthos's scripts.
[March 14 11:05:01.6 PM]: CS0029: Line 228: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Collections.ArrayList' to 'System.Collections.Generic.List<Server.Tile>'
[March 14 11:05:01.6 PM]: Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
[March 14 11:05:01.6 PM]: - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Not sure what it means yet but I will figure it out.

Disregard the error. It works fine for me. I Got a bad script and thought i save this one over it but it did not take. Anyway The script works fine for me and like I said before I have all but the auction scripts of Xanthos.

dniats311;663829 said:
Interesting script. of course I am new to scripting so not sure what some of the lines mean :p. I noticed that some people are/were having problems with this script running with Xanthos auction system. Well I have all of Xanthos systems/scripts except for the auction one and I have only one Error with this script and its not due to Xanthos's scripts.
[March 14 11:05:01.6 PM]: CS0029: Line 228: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Collections.ArrayList' to 'System.Collections.Generic.List<Server.Tile>'
[March 14 11:05:01.6 PM]: Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
[March 14 11:05:01.6 PM]: - Press return to exit, or R to try again.
Not sure what it means yet but I will figure it out.

Disregard the error. It works fine for me. I Got a bad script and thought i save this one over it but it did not take. Anyway The script works fine for me and like I said before I have all but the auction scripts of Xanthos.

Are you using RC1? Or SVN?

dniats311

Wanderer
Using RC1

I am using RC1. But it works fine. That error was from a script that someone else edited before. Dled it before I seen the link to this post area. Anyway the script works fine for me. No probs from the get go. In fact I made a battle arena script that is 54x54 with an optional force field that surrounds it so players cannot run off in mid battle. Working on another add on to it well multiple addons with different wall layouts for paint ball or monster bash events. Now if I could just figure out this dang xmlspawner I'll be good to go lol.

Cheetah2003

Wanderer
qwerty84;664162 said:
funzionality of this script? to what it serves?

Say you build a structure using something like Pandora's Box.

With this script, you can take a 'snapshot' of that structure and have a deed that lets players build a copy of it.

Manu

Knight
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2626.34701
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
 + Commands/AddonGenerator.cs:
    CS0029: Line 213: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Collections.Generic
.List<Server.Tile>' to 'System.Collections.ArrayList'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

SVN 162, no other custom scripts.

Manu;664831 said:
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2626.34701
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
 + Commands/AddonGenerator.cs:
    CS0029: Line 213: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Collections.Generic
.List<Server.Tile>' to 'System.Collections.ArrayList'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

SVN 162, no other custom scripts.

I'm not supporting SVN at this point in time.

qwerty84

Sorceror
Lord Nikon;673324 said:
What are the commands?:confused:

Lucid Nagual;644925 said:
Place your static items and then type in the command like this example:
[addongen MyAddon

MyAddon would represent whatever name you would like your addon to be called. (If you choose to use the gump please do not select the static button.)

And then target the two outer boundries of the statics.

O------------
|.................|
|.................|
|.................|
|.................|
-------------O

The blue circles represent the areas that you target. The dotted lines would be the area that holds the statics items that you want to create the addon with. Hold this answers all your questions :)

:p:p:p:p:p

mogbert

Wanderer
just one error

im still getting an error with the auction system. it says somthing about ayra.server.items and ayra saving accounts.
CS0234 line 66 and line 100 type or namespace "savings" doesnt exist.
ill try to fix it up now if i can haha.

Alari

Wanderer
I fixed the conflict I had with the Auction system by simply changing the namespace of addongen from Arya.Misc to Arya.AddonGen. 1 line change, didn't affect anything else as far as I can tell.

Alari;678362 said:
I fixed the conflict I had with the Auction system by simply changing the namespace of addongen from Arya.Misc to Arya.AddonGen. 1 line change, didn't affect anything else as far as I can tell.

Yeah. Xanthos should have used a different namespace.

kirax2

Wanderer
Is there a version of this script that works with static (frozen into .mul) items? I have some custom houses frozen into the map that I would very much like to turn into add-ons.

Thanks for your help!
-kirax2