RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Avatar System

nerun

Sorceror

Summary:
Avatar System is a system that create a new type of player: the avatar. Avatars are like Super Sayajins in Drangon Ball: there are levels each one with your own benefits, each level stronger than the lower. This is in beta test and can cause unbalance in game (some players very much stronger than others). The idea is to create new stronger creatures, dungeons etc, just for these players.

Description:
There are 9 levels of Avatars:
- See the attached thumbnail below.

Ring/Bracelet Of Avatars:
- Luck 100
- Cast Recovery and Speed 1
- SpellDamage 5
- Lower Mana and Reagent Cost 15%
- Regenerate Hits/Stam/Mana 2
- Defend and Attack Chance 5
- Resistances: 7/5/5/5/5
- OnEquip: If StatCap < 250 or SkillCap < 100 for each skill, the ring will be vanished (deleted)!

Artifact Deed:
- a red deed will be placed in the player backpack, with it the player can choose any artifact he/she wants, and it will be blessed.

Changelog:
v0.9.4
- updated to RunUO 2.0 final (i used the new SkillCheck.cs file)
v0.9.3
- AVT levels 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 (the last level) added;
- Avatar Deed now gives 1250 fame instead of 2500;
- AVT stats changed;
- Bracelet Of Avatars added;
- Ring Of Avatars stats changed;
v0.9.2
- Avatar Deed now gives 2500 fame instead of consumes 5000 karma;
- Avatar Dealer's body changed to Ethereal Warrior (angel);
v0.9.1
- Avatars Deed hue changed to 55 (fair gold);
- Avatar Deed consumes 5000 karma;
v0.9.0
- first release.

Installation:
1) Unzip the file.
2) Cut "Scripts" folder and paste it in RunUO folder. When it ask if you want to overwrite, say "yes to all".
3) Restart the server.

Uninstallation:
1) Delete "Scripts/Customs/AvatarSystem" folder.
2) In Scripts/Misc, delete SkillCheck.cs and rename SkillCheck.bak to SkillCheck.cs.
3) You will need to set the avatars players stats, titles etc to normal again, by hand...
3) Restart the server.

Usage:
In-game use [add spawner avatardealer. It will add a vendor that will sell the deed for 10.000.000 (the tenth), and the deed will give 1250 fame to the player (as a servant of the gods he becomes famous).

Links:
* Static Exporter - a script to save statics inside a bounding box to a decoration .cfg file.
* New Mine for Minoc - this add a new mine at Minoc mining camp.
* Britain Bank Custom Decoration - beautifull decoration for Britain Bank.
* Wheat Sheaves and Ear of Corn - additions for David's Harvest System v1.4.
* Nerun's Distro - easy way to spawn the world using maps

Attachments

• AVT Levels.JPG
    AVT Levels.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,656
    11.6 KB · Views: 194

nerun

Sorceror
Some explanation

If a player is AVT1 and buy/use an avatar deed again, he/she will become an AVT2, if he/she was AVT2, will become AVT3 etc.

I will add a custom vendor in the future, just to sell the Avatar Deed. Something like an angel.

jaapie

Sorceror
verry verry nice work, i was looking for this, its sounds kinda like zulu :D
but where to extract the scripts? just runuo/scripts/ ( and then what? )

thx for sharing this script with runuo users :D

nerun

Sorceror
jaapie said:
verry verry nice work, i was looking for this, its sounds kinda like zulu :D
but where to extract the scripts? just runuo/scripts/ ( and then what? )

thx for sharing this script with runuo users :D

Yes, just it, copy/paste. overwrite all files, easy.

nerun

Sorceror
New release, with a few changes: i don't know if 10.000.000 gold is a good price, or if deed must consumes 5000 karma from the player, i accept suggestions.

Soulwalker

Wanderer
I don't see the purpose of consuming karma as the Avatar historically in Ultima is a pretty good guy. I'd probably recommend consuming heaps of fame as a sacrafice to humility or something.

nerun

Sorceror
Thx, i changed the body to an angel, and it gives 2500 fame instead consumes karma, and the Dealer can talk with players about the Avatar Deed. Just say "Hi", or ask about avatar.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
had a question...for my shard, i am wanting to change it where you won't have the "avatar" title....possible with the way you have it set?

if not, then i was going to change it where it just said something besides avatar....to fit into a different theme....where all do i need to change to where it would give this new title instead of the avatar, and make sure it all checks ok?

And while im here, what happens when you get skills over 120 since UO is really designed around the idea that 120 is the BEST you can get? I didn't really think about it until one of my staff mentioned it

thank you....great system by the way

mordredrs

Sorceror
Very nice nerun! I'm on SVN 311 and last version of distro, avatar is working fine! But IMO this script is a very powerfull tool, and i'll not place it to my players... They're kind of overpower wanna be players... lol
Ty for the script, nice job, as always!

nerun

Sorceror
mordredrs;804362 said:
Very nice nerun! I'm on SVN 311 and last version of distro, avatar is working fine! But IMO this script is a very powerfull tool, and i'll not place it to my players... They're kind of overpower wanna be players... lol
Ty for the script, nice job, as always!

Thanks! I believe this is sript is better in non-OSI shards. I had an idea of create a custom word in Green Acres: something like hell. Lots of daemons, succubus, imps, hell hounds etc. Plus custom and stronger monsters.

In other words, a hard place for hard players like Avatars. Those monsters could drop another type of money, incompatible with UO gold coins (maybe daemoniac coins? blood coins?). Plus custom vendors that accept blood coins, and sells special items that can not be sold or given to another players.

All this plus a limitation that automatically kill avatars that kill another players (god's punition).

But... I never go ahead with this idea.

A Hobo

Wanderer
I actually REALLY like the idea of making a custom world and limiting avatars from killing regular players, it would remove the huge advantage they have over other players. And it makes for an excellent role playing world. perhaps you could make a custom script for all that so that an owner could use one or both. At any rate, great work with the avatar system, and so I dont have to make 2 posts, the world spawner is unbelievable! keep it up !

brettwoot

Wanderer
So i click the file and save it and when i try to extract the files it says the compressed folder is invalid. i really like this idea and would love to use it and play around with it

mordredrs

Sorceror
nerun;804463 said:
Thanks! I believe this is sript is better in non-OSI shards. I had an idea of create a custom word in Green Acres: something like hell. Lots of daemons, succubus, imps, hell hounds etc. Plus custom and stronger monsters.

In other words, a hard place for hard players like Avatars. Those monsters could drop another type of money, incompatible with UO gold coins (maybe daemoniac coins? blood coins?). Plus custom vendors that accept blood coins, and sells special items that can not be sold or given to another players.

All this plus a limitation that automatically kill avatars that kill another players (god's punition).

But... I never go ahead with this idea.

Man, this would be great! If you need any beta tester, let me know...

In the other hand, i have a question: is there a way to limit Avatar to level 4?

Thx a lot nerun!

nerun

Sorceror
mordredrs;821964 said:
Man, this would be great! If you need any beta tester, let me know...

In the other hand, i have a question: is there a way to limit Avatar to level 4?

Thx a lot nerun!

Yes, open SkillCheck.cs and look for:

Code:
[COLOR="Green"]//Avatar System changes------------------------[/COLOR]
			if ( from.Title == "[Avatar][1]" || from.Title == "[Avatar][2]" || from.Title == "[Avatar][3]" )
			{
				switch ( stat )
				{
					case Stat.Str: return ( from.StrLock == StatLockType.Up && from.RawStr < 150 );
					case Stat.Dex: return ( from.DexLock == StatLockType.Up && from.RawDex < 150 );
					case Stat.Int: return ( from.IntLock == StatLockType.Up && from.RawInt < 150 );
				}
			}
			else if ( from.Title == "[Avatar][4]" || from.Title == "[Avatar][5]" || from.Title == "[Avatar][6]" )
			{
				switch ( stat )
				{
					case Stat.Str: return ( from.StrLock == StatLockType.Up && from.RawStr < 160 );
					case Stat.Dex: return ( from.DexLock == StatLockType.Up && from.RawDex < 160 );
					case Stat.Int: return ( from.IntLock == StatLockType.Up && from.RawInt < 160 );
				}
			}
[COLOR="Blue"]			else if ( from.Title == "[Avatar][7]" || from.Title == "[Avatar][8]" || from.Title == "[Avatar][9]" )
			{
				switch ( stat )
				{
					case Stat.Str: return ( from.StrLock == StatLockType.Up && from.RawStr < 170 );
					case Stat.Dex: return ( from.DexLock == StatLockType.Up && from.RawDex < 170 );
					case Stat.Int: return ( from.IntLock == StatLockType.Up && from.RawInt < 170 );
				}
			}[/COLOR]
			else
			{
				switch ( stat )
				{
					case Stat.Str: return ( from.StrLock == StatLockType.Up && from.RawStr < 125 );
					case Stat.Dex: return ( from.DexLock == StatLockType.Up && from.RawDex < 125 );
					case Stat.Int: return ( from.IntLock == StatLockType.Up && from.RawInt < 125 );
				}
			}
[COLOR="Green"]//End Avatar System changes--------------------[/COLOR]

And remove or comment what is in blue.

EDIT:
Need to change the AvatarDeed.cs too.