RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Avelyn's Moving Crate

Avelyn

Sorceror
[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Avelyn's Moving Crate

Please redownload! New Version

Update:
2.1 Bug fix for a change for RunUo 2.0.

Updated for RunUo 2.0RC1.

This is a very simple thing I threw together because my players like to move their house every 10 minutes it seems. They love it so I figured it could be of some use to some of you also.

What it is:
The moving crate is a container that can by summoned and dismissed at will by players for the purpose of moving their junk while changing houses. The box can be summoned from oblivion from anywhere in a house they own with a command and dismissed just as easily. It has no weight or item limit so they can get everything into one box. They cannot move it but can just dismiss it go up a floor or whatever and resummon it. The catch.... the box only lasts for 2 days. After that it poofs empty or not. I did this so they cannot exploit free storage. The script comes with a deed which I have on the town provisioners (for a decently high price so that they dont just keep buying them every 2 days). When you summon the box it tells you how much time is left.

How does it work:

The script comes with 4 commands. 2 Player commands: [summoncrate and [dismisscrate. They speak for themselves. 2 GM commands... [countboxes this will count all crates on the internal map. It is just for your info. I have been using this script on my shard for about 6 months and have not had 1 stay when it should have decayed. [getbox... when a player places a box it adds a tag on their account. An administrator can check their account tag and see if they have a box or not (not would say null). If they do and a staff member needs to call it they use the [getbox command with the serial ( which is on the tag) and it will summon the box to the gm. These are mostly housekeeping commands and I have never used them in game but I felt they could be useful for troubleshooting if ever needed.

Install:
Copy MovingCrate.cs into a custom folder. Add the deed to a vendor SB file of your choice.

I have had no issues with this script but if anyone happens to find any I will be happy to look into them. My players have loved having this. I hope you find a use for it.

Attachments

• Moving Crate 2.1.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 278