RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Cellar Addon

no idea what the [calt command is lol - never heard of it

but it should use ax or hatchet - if ax does not work - try the hatchet - maybe the calt command blocks only axes

Tru

Knight
Liacs said:
hehe, I went around this problem with being stuck behind the bookcase. I just replaced the bookcase by a hole (0x1B71) and made it OnMoveOver like the stairs downstairs. :) If Tru doesn't have a problem I can put the changed script here.

Lia
Actually I was considering putting pillars in the corners and around the stairs (so you could only use them 1 direction)

But hey its GPL you can add whatever you like.

Liacs

Sorceror
Cellar Addon with hole :)

Thanks Tru,

so here it is... and I will have a look tonight for the hatchet thingy Pyro! :p

Lia

Attachments

• CellarAddon.cs
    6.5 KB · Views: 115
ok - the calt command does not look bad - but i use the staff stone - does a lot more than just calt would

but - if it does change his access level to player - then ax or hartchet should work, unless he modified bass addon - then it may be a little fubarred

ok - i just found a big bug in the system on this and a minor bug

if you are in the cellar you can add a cellar there also making a new sub level
etc etc

eventuly it will hit max lower z level and probaly cause a crash - need a way to check if it is being aded to a cellar some how

and the minor bug is you can redeed it by axing the floor and theb being stuck in blackness ;)

hre is a fix for the big bug - or should work anyways - i am going to test it in a few

in the deed part change it around so it reads like this:

Code:
		[Constructable]
		public CellarDeed()
		{
                 	Name = "Cellar Deed";
		}

public override void OnDoubleClick( Mobile from )
		{
			if ( from.Z <= -80 )
			{
				from.SendMessage( "You can not make a cellar here - you are to deep" );
				return;
			}

base.OnDoubleClick( from );

}

public CellarDeed( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
		{
		}

edited afterwards -- this code does work for fixing it for them going too deep
you can still add cellars to cellars, etc until you get to deep ;)

Liacs

Sorceror
@ Pyro: I actually also use the [CALT command and also have the problem not being able to redeed anything... you already found a solution here?

i just found the soulution to going to deep - the code above fixes that

I do not have any problems redeeding - but i use the staffstone and not the [calt command

(staff stone changes you to player also - actualy a player, just not mortal and such - plus it has other features)

Tru

Knight
Lord_Greywolf said:
ok - i just found a big bug in the system on this and a minor bug

if you are in the cellar you can add a cellar there also making a new sub level
etc etc

eventuly it will hit max lower z level and probaly cause a crash - need a way to check if it is being aded to a cellar some how

and the minor bug is you can redeed it by axing the floor and theb being stuck in blackness ;)
The little bug was in my first post.
The thing about going lower and lower with addons is true but when it gets to the bottom it actually will move the next to the highest spot (so above your house).

Have you tried your MOD and see if it works in Malas?
Z's there are a bit different.

Here are some recommendations for some of those having problems. Please remember these are only recommendations and nothing more.

If you are sufficient in C# then try adding a check to this when placing a cellar that goes by the current Z of the player in relation to the map and have it place the cellar at the lowest possible Z level. what does this do? Stops players from placing it if there is not enough room under the house. Also if a player is on a high Z level it still places the cellar as low as possible eliminating the possibility of having a cellar added to the house from its roof and ending up with the cellar 40 Z lower than the houses roof because in some cases this will lead to a cellar being within the house and not under it.

Once again real simple like cause it to check current Z and depending on the map if there is sufficient room add a cellar as low as possible under the house. Any other conditions outside of the check simply deny placement of the cellar.

Well this is my suggestion to those experiencing problems. again nothing more than a thought I had about fixing this.

my mod checks for the z of the person - if they are below -80 then it will not let them place it

so even in malas they can not place it - it still has the same max and min z' levels

you could probaly tweak it to -85 and still work - but i think anything below-125 z causes problems

Lord_Greywolf said:
my mod checks for the z of the person - if they are below -80 then it will not let them place it

so even in malas they can not place it - it still has the same max and min z' levels

you could probaly tweak it to -85 and still work - but i think anything below-125 z causes problems

Yes your right about -125 as well as anything above 125 that is basically the min max Z level recognized by the client. The only reason you can build large buildings with more than like 6 floors in malas is because its land lies at something like -80 or -90 I know the starry "void" areas are at about -9 or
-95 so for malas building cellars is not a great idea unless you find an area they can just squeeze under the house.

i have modded this quite a bit, but the big part is that you can change the -40's to -30's and it still works great - just remember to adjust the teleport part and the book case part too ;) else they go to crazy places :eek:

if you do do this - remeber to have them clear out their cellars before you make the change and redeed them - this way they do not get stuck at a -40 and only being raised by 30 ;)

if they make sub basements below the celar - does not matter - they still to do not get any more lockdowns - so to me no big deal

So putting in the z limiter like i suggested, and then the -30's and you can also place in malas
(i changed the z limiter to -81 - that way most of malas is available)

nomad707

Knight
you can also make a check for which map you are on, and have different deeds for different facets. This way, you cannot use a malas cellar in trammel, this will enable you to have different z levels, and still use the cellar in the entire server.

LockeStrace

Wanderer
Playing with this we found that the house decorator won't let you increase or decrease an item that is secured in the cellar anyone have an issue with this?

bazspeed

Sorceror
Hi, I like this system, however, I cannot seem to lock or secure anything down, I have tried to place winecrafting vines down tehre too and they all say that I am not in my house. Is there a way round this?