RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] ItemID is usefull again

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] ItemID is usefull again

Well. After a LONG time just reading these fourms, and posting the occasional question, I felt that it was time to begin sharing. So:

This modification will make it so that any:
Weapons,
Armor,
Jewelry,
Clothing

That drop as loot from creatures will be "Unidentified" and it will take a player with skill in ItemID to make the mods show up.

If you make these changes you may also want to make some changes to your LootPack.cs file to reduce the number of "magic" weapons that drop as loot.

Note: These changes are all distro mods. So be warned

A sample picture can be found here:

Attachments

• ItemID Mods.rar
    280.5 KB · Views: 737
I have updated first post with the modifications

Changes 7/20/2007
-Added in lines that prevent you from wearing Unidentified items
-Added into the install file a command to convert all current items so that they are already ID'ed
-Added in optional code that allows crafted armor/weapons to automatically show their stats
-Added in coding for BaseJewel.cs and BaseClothing.cs

Changes 03/06/08
-Added in optional code that will dictate whether Artifact Items will show their statics automatically or not.
-Fixed items with uses showing up as unidentified, so that their uses left will always be shown.
-Fixed issues with the ItemID skill not ID'ing jewelry or clothing.
-Made this system more like OSI in that the Unidentified marker is in Blue. (Thanks corbingene01)

Tru

Knight
Nice to see this has been reposted....Not saying you stole or copied just good to see scripts for this again.

Hmm.... Well I had 100% not known that there was something similar out there. I sure hadn't found it. I will remove it if there is another version out there.

Tru

Knight
Hienrich Jager;698718 said:
Hmm.... Well I had 100% not known that there was something similar out there. I sure hadn't found it. I will remove it if there is another version out there.

NONO!! The other person asked to have thiers removed...they took thier toy home and ......well anyways leave it, as I said good to see it again.

Tru

Knight
*Read your installation instructions for the questions*

Before adding this to a shard you may wanna do a
Code:
[global set Identified true items

Or you will never hear the end of it from you long playing players.

Liacs

Sorceror
This is so cool. It was certainly on my to-do list. Thanks for taking that work! *THIS* should be in the distro files! +KARMA

Lia

HellRazor

Knight
Nice, and very timely! I was just getting ready to write something like this and you've saved me the work!

Thanks!

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Just curious. What does the red text "Last Target" mean in the pic? I've not seen that before... is it part of the SVN or the ItemID script?

brixey2451

Wanderer
awsome scrip! i got 2 questions about it, i havent got time to check it out yet but
1. dose it still give the atts when they are equipted?
2. is there a way to make it so if its unidentified, you can not equipt it? :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the replies.

@Tru
Thanks for that idea. I never thought of that since my shard doesn't have any players yet hehe. Ill add that in the Install.txt

@brixey2451
I haven't tested it, but I am nearly 100% positive that it will still give you the bonuses. Aldo if you want it so that the item is not equipable until it has been Identified look for the:

public override bool CanEquip( Mobile from )
{

And somewhere under it add the lines:

else if (m_Identified == false)
{
from.SendMessage("You are hesitant to put on something that is unknown to you");
return false;
}

I haven't compiled and tried that yet, but it should work.

Jager

Liacs

Sorceror
@aventae: if you want, I can send you a short 100 page essay of my todo-list ;) One year ago when I just got the baby I had a looooot of time to script, but now I am back at work, so time is short for me!

Tru

Knight
Liacs;698813 said:
@aventae: if you want, I can send you a short 100 page essay of my todo-list ;) One year ago when I just got the baby I had a looooot of time to script, but now I am back at work, so time is short for me!

100 page essay? Wow sounds like you'll never be done! :eek:

Liacs

Sorceror
Yeppers, I have a whole new world in my head and so I have a lot to do. :)
And the worst is, I am also doing the map myself. ;)
Okay, enough of hijacking this thread... sorry! :D

Yup. I a working on a follow up that will enable IDWands to b found in dungeon t-chests with like 5 charges. an player crafted wands with like 20 charges.

Should be done and posted by this afternoon