RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Knives' Chat 3.0

Thadeus

Wanderer
httpwebrequest

Anyone have any idea how I could send the public chat as an http request?

I might be able to figure it out after a few months if I knew where to put the code. lol

milva

Sorceror
We are using this system and it's great! Problem is when we click the online to show staff is online, staff still will not show. Has any one figured this out by chance? Kind of lost of what else to check? I'm sure this is something simple which I'm just missing. It will show Public 0 online
Thanks!!

dalamar238

Wanderer
ok, not sure if this problem has been mentioned in previous posts on this thread since there are so many pages havent gone through them all, i installed the script but when i ran the server i got this error
Line 48: The type or namespace name 'commandeventargs' could not be found <are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?>
i am running runuo final and i made the modification listed in ruoversion.cs

Hammerhand

Knight
dalamar238;815244 said:
ok, not sure if this problem has been mentioned in previous posts on this thread since there are so many pages havent gone through them all, i installed the script but when i ran the server i got this error
Line 48: The type or namespace name 'commandeventargs' could not be found <are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?>
i am running runuo final and i made the modification listed in ruoversion.cs
Read thru this thread.. http://www.runuo.com/forums/script-support/70500-1-0-2-0rc1-conversion-minifaq.html

mobeater2185

Wanderer
Where do the filters get stored??

I was just wondering where the filters are stored for this chat system.

I am curious to see if I can add them outside of the game or not. Because it is a bit too strict and I would like to add exceptions to the filters.

i.e.
I would like assassin to be able to be typed, but alas, if I add ass to the filter, it will print assassin as ******in which is quite annoying.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

-Mobeater-

mortenbub

Wanderer
Anyone know why [pm players that are offline do not show up? -- also if a person is named jollybuddy and a guy name jollytoosts -- if i type [pm jolly should a list of of both of them come up and i choose one?

Edit. I relized they have to log in for them to be added to the system

Ok only question I have -- I have turned off in Public to show staff, but other players can still PM me?

LordHogFred

Knight
mortenbub;824527 said:
Anyone know why [pm players that are offline do not show up? -- also if a person is named jollybuddy and a guy name jollytoosts -- if i type [pm jolly should a list of of both of them come up and i choose one?

Edit. I relized they have to log in for them to be added to the system

Ok only question I have -- I have turned off in Public to show staff, but other players can still PM me?

There's an option you can check that only allows friends to PM you. That should work :).

uoventrilo

Sorceror
file does not work :(

Can any body tell me if the file is invald for you aswell or know of a dif link to get the 2 files? im using winzip to open.. thanks not good speaking eng sorry :)

ReSpoT

Wanderer
I have a problem with 3d client
crash log

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Knives.Chat3.ListGump10.BuildTabs(Int32 width, Int32 y)
   at Knives.Chat3.ListGump10.BuildGump()
   at Knives.Chat3.GumpPlus.NewGump(Boolean clear)
   at Knives.Chat3.GumpPlus.NewGump()
   at Server.Timer.DelayCallTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

ntony

Sorceror
I want to prohabit some channels.
Does this modification work?

Channel.cs
Code:
        private static void PredefinedChannels()
        {
[COLOR="Red"]			/*
            if (!Exists(typeof(Alliance)))
                new Alliance();
            if (!Exists(typeof(Faction)))
                new Faction();
            if (!Exists(typeof(Guild)))
                new Guild();
			*/[/COLOR]
            if (!Exists(typeof(Irc)))
                new Irc();
            if (!Exists(typeof(Staff)))
                new Staff();
            if (!Exists(typeof(Public)))
                new Public();
            if (!Exists(typeof(Multi)))
                new Multi();
        }

XenoNeo

Sorceror
I get this error upon use on SVN 512...

Errors:
+ Customs/Systems/Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 9/General/Chat3Party.cs:
CS1502: Line 79: The best overloaded method match for 'System.Collections.Generic.List<Server.Engines.PartySystem.PartyMemberInfo>.Contains<Server.Engines.PartySystem.PartyMemberInfo>' has some invalid arguments
CS1503: Line 79: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'Server.Mobile' to 'Server.Engines.PartySystem.PartyMemberInfo'

Any help would be great!

Code:
		public override void OnPublicMessage( Mobile from, string text )
		{
			if ( text.Length > 128 || (text = text.Trim()).Length == 0 )
				return;

Party p = Party.Get( from );

if (p != null)
            {
                p.SendPublicMessage(from, text);

foreach (Data data in Data.Datas.Values)
                   [COLOR="Red"] if (data.GlobalW && !p.Members.Contains(data.Mobile))[/COLOR]
                        data.Mobile.SendMessage(data.GlobalWC, "(Global) <World->Party> {0}: {1}", from.Name, text);
            }
            else
                from.SendLocalizedMessage(3000211); // You are not in a party.
		}

public override void OnSetCanLoot( Mobile from, bool canLoot )
		{
			Party p = Party.Get( from );

if ( p == null )
			{
				from.SendLocalizedMessage( 3000211 ); // You are not in a party.
			}
			else
			{
				PartyMemberInfo mi = p[from];

if ( mi != null )
				{
					mi.CanLoot = canLoot;

if ( canLoot )
						from.SendLocalizedMessage( 1005447 ); // You have chosen to allow your party to loot your corpse.
					else
						from.SendLocalizedMessage( 1005448 ); // You have chosen to prevent your party from looting your corpse.
				}
			}
		}

Red is Line 79

XenoNeo

Sorceror
Nevermind, its all good.

For anyone having an issue with Chat3Party.cs on any SVN, just delete the file and normal runuo party chat will take its place. lol

ntony

Sorceror
Is there a way to read the IRC connection result?
I always get timeout. I have checked the connection. It should have established.

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
Yes, I'd especially like to find out if there is any way to get this to function with 2.0 final.. I've tried tinkering with the scripts using some of the conversion FAQs, but I've gotten nowhere..