RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Knives' Chat 3.0

kmwill23

Sorceror
poopthrower said:
I dont mean to like be mean or anything.. i just honostly like the previous knives chat alot better. you should have the other one, along with this one for 2.0

If you click the link for Chat 2.0 for 2.0 RC1 in my sig you can have it =)

But! I would like you to Pm me about what you prefer in 2.0. I want specific details!

Today with Knives' Chat 3.0 Beta 6 Release Date: 6/18/2006 after a reboot all chat color data, channels joined and friend lists and mails and so on, were lost.
Error log only says: Error loading chat inforation. Please report...

I don't know how this should help, but here you go :p
Still <3 your system. :)

Edit: Got a lot of errors today: GumpPlus > OnResponse > *playermobile serial* > FriendsGump > "Play Sound" and "Sound Down"

kmwill23

Sorceror
Kamuflaro said:
Today with Knives' Chat 3.0 Beta 6 Release Date: 6/18/2006 after a reboot all chat color data, channels joined and friend lists and mails and so on, were lost.
Error log only says: Error loading chat inforation. Please report...

I don't know how this should help, but here you go :p
Still <3 your system. :)

Edit: Got a lot of errors today: GumpPlus > OnResponse > *playermobile serial* > FriendsGump > "Play Sound" and "Sound Down"

Thanks tons!!! I have debug code added to the next Beta release for the chat loading thing. It has happened on my shard as well, only once though! Nice find on the Sound thing too, will see about fixing that =)

Addition:

Both these problems are thankfully related!!! This has actually shown me a rare, but serious, way that loading can get messed up. Thanks!!!

Soul Taker

Wanderer
error dev 80

not sure if it cool to post this problem here but if u compile to dev 80 u will get this error

Errors:
+ Custom/Server Systems/Chat 3.0 Beta 6/General/General.cs:
CS1502: Line 217: The best overloaded method match for 'System.Collections.A
rrayList.ArrayList(int)' has some invalid arguments
CS1503: Line 217: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'System.Collections.Gene
ric.IEnumerable<Server.Gumps.Gump>' to 'int'
CS0117: Line 220: 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Server.Gumps.Gump>
' does not contain a definition for 'Remove'

would u have time to make a fix?

crabby654

Wanderer
I just installed this today and its fantastic, there isnt a feature to have chat windows is there? like i open the world chat window and its a black box that shows everyone talking in the world chat, kind of like a global journal.

Soul Taker just comment out the offending foreach loop.

Knives I figured out that the friendlist sound gives an error if you use a , in it lol In case you didn't know yet.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Kamuflaro said:
Soul Taker just comment out the offending foreach loop.

Knives I figured out that the friendlist sound gives an error if you use a , in it lol In case you didn't know yet.

I will check it out, thanks =)

Irian

Page
It's nice that you try to keep us entertained by letting us guess, what errors that me be, but perhaps you should make it easier for us by posting the errors? :)

Crowley62

Sorceror
Really hate to complain because i love your chat and house scripts but, the chat system sends error reports some days on every save. Other days i log in and all my settings like global listen and colors are all back to default.It is getting annoying when i don't realize its not on global and a player complains but i have seen nothing.I honestly would like to see you revert it back to old chat. You are missing the option of turning chat off also,and you can ban a player for 30 minutes which is too long in my opinion i liked the old one where you could give them a 5 minute chat ban.Hope you can fix these things thx.

Crowley62

Sorceror
I don't know whats going on now but i no longer can hear global guild or global pm and some of my players can't delete there messages in mailbox. I tried and couldnt delte them either i click the x it says i deleted it but its still there. I am really missinfg the old easy to use chat system now.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Crowley62 said:
I don't know whats going on now but i no longer can hear global guild or global pm and some of my players can't delete there messages in mailbox. I tried and couldnt delte them either i click the x it says i deleted it but its still there. I am really missinfg the old easy to use chat system now.

The saving issues I am working on. I have found and fixed one issue in saving/loading. Your mail problem is new to me; when you do this and it says it's deleted, do you see an error pop up at all?

You do know that 2.0 is available for RunUO 2.0, right? Look in my sig.

Crowley62

Sorceror
No there are no errors, on bottom left of screen it says message deleted but its still there. The player says maybe its because he can't patch and has old client. Could that be it. I dont understand though why all globals work for me except guild and pm. Alsowas wondering if its possible to have a different filter for different channels? Say i dont want swearing in public channel but want to let them be free in pvp channel is this possible? Thx

Thistle

Wanderer
I created a "Public Chat" channel and set up commands for it but my main question is:

how do I change the colour of the text that's displayed (both on screen and in journal)?

The gray is just so dull and hardly noticable most of the time.

I wanted to ask for a feature. I want to disable incognito on chat, that means RawName is used rather, than Name. Maybe some option, donno how far away the next beta is. :)