RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Knives' Chat 3.0

mehla

Sorceror
RunUO 1.0?

Does this script work for RunUO1.0?

Or do I have to use Chat 2.0 if I'm still using RunUO 1.0?

-Mehla

kmwill23

Sorceror
mehla said:
Does this script work for RunUO1.0?

Or do I have to use Chat 2.0 if I'm still using RunUO 1.0?

-Mehla

While I'm in Beta, I don't want to maintain two versions. So after Beta! Since everything is very stable, that could be after a one more cycle.

G

Grom09

how would i make [c for public chat,
there was this in 1.0 but now i cant find it, what would i have to add
thx

kmwill23

Sorceror
Grom09 said:
how would i make [c for public chat,
there was this in 1.0 but now i cant find it, what would i have to add
thx

Open up the [chatsetup menu. The very first page is the channel setup, press the little gold button and you'll see New Channel. There you can set it up and add the commands. Do not use the '[' in your commands, it does that auto.

For every one else:

I am slowly getting Beta 7 out, which I believe will be the final beta! I also plan to address the two most commonly asked questions: How to setup the default channel (public) and using the prefix ( [ ) in setting up commands. I will have it automatically create the public channel and include a warning on the channel setup menu not to include the command prefix.

I am balancing this with the early development of a new server, which gives me a great place to do my testing on it before giving it to you!

haazen

Sorceror
Two questions please. First, a player sent a PM to himself and then hit the ignore button at the bottom left. Is there a way for me to remove that ignore for him?

Second, where is all the players chat configurations stored. Like before they were in an XML file that could be edited if needed.

Thanks for sharing this great system. We are having a hoot learning it all.

kmwill23

Sorceror
haazen said:
Two questions please. First, a player sent a PM to himself and then hit the ignore button at the bottom left. Is there a way for me to remove that ignore for him?

Second, where is all the players chat configurations stored. Like before they were in an XML file that could be edited if needed.

Thanks for sharing this great system. We are having a hoot learning it all.

First, how did he manage to send a Pm to himself?

Here's what you can do. Have them open up the main chat menu. In the bottom right corner there's a gold button. Have them press it and select 'Ignores". He can remove himself there =)

I haven't used XML in a long time now =P

haazen

Sorceror
Thanks for your quick response.

What he did was [pm Fred test message

I tested it also with a player character. So now there are at least 2 that have self ignore.

I tried the Ignores page but there is no way to remove self because there is not button. Am I missing something on that page? Also tried QuickBar on the Ignores page but the little buttons don't come up on self.

Is there a file I can delete to reset everyone back to start? Or a file I can edit to remove that option on those characters? Thank for your help.

kmwill23

Sorceror
haazen said:
Thanks for your quick response.

What he did was [pm Fred test message

I tested it also with a player character. So now there are at least 2 that have self ignore.

I tried the Ignores page but there is no way to remove self because there is not button. Am I missing something on that page? Also tried QuickBar on the Ignores page but the little buttons don't come up on self.

Is there a file I can delete to reset everyone back to start? Or a file I can edit to remove that option on those characters? Thank for your help.

Thanks for making me aware of this =) You are right, the unigore won't appear for the player. If you reset the chat data, you will also have to recreate your channels and the like. You can do that if you want, or you can send a Pm to me with an email address and I can send you a file that will handle it.

Avelyn

Sorceror
Kmwill, Is there an issue with the global guild? On the old system all guild used to appear at the bottom of the gm's screen... i liked that, now when you are near one of the guild people, it shows up like the party stuff over their head. The main problem is we can only see 1 side of the convo when this happens as none shows up on the bottom.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Avelyn said:
Kmwill, Is there an issue with the global guild? On the old system all guild used to appear at the bottom of the gm's screen... i liked that, now when you are near one of the guild people, it shows up like the party stuff over their head. The main problem is we can only see 1 side of the convo when this happens as none shows up on the bottom.

That is actually Party chat =) That is completely outside the chat system, all staff members can see player's party chats.

Avelyn

Sorceror
kmwill23 said:
That is actually Party chat =) That is completely outside the chat system, all staff members can see player's party chats.

Then why am I not seeing the Global Guild chat on the bottom of my screen? When I am not near them I can see it, but if I see the [Guild] over their head it doesn't show up there.

LordHogFred

Knight
Can I suggest possibly adding an option for staff to have GM pages sent to their PM mailbox? Or possibly have a support mailbox that all players can send messages to for staff members to read?

kmwill23

Sorceror
LordHogFred said:
Can I suggest possibly adding an option for staff to have GM pages sent to their PM mailbox? Or possibly have a support mailbox that all players can send messages to for staff members to read?

I actually have this mod on my own server. I don't know about releasing it though, I don;t like releasing stock mods.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Avelyn said:
Then why am I not seeing the Global Guild chat on the bottom of my screen? When I am not near them I can see it, but if I see the [Guild] over their head it doesn't show up there.

Ah ha! You are witnessing the new Built-In Guild chat functions. That is an EA-RunUO addition. I am glad EA finally decided to add this, but not sure if I really want to do anything to integrate it.

Avelyn

Sorceror
kmwill23 said:
Ah ha! You are witnessing the new Built-In Guild chat functions. That is an EA-RunUO addition. I am glad EA finally decided to add this, but not sure if I really want to do anything to integrate it.

I just really would like all guild chat to show up on the bottom of the GM screen again. That was such a useful feature.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Avelyn said:
I just really would like all guild chat to show up on the bottom of the GM screen again. That was such a useful feature.

So you know, the feature you are thinking of still works as it did back then. What you are seeing now is an additional feature outside of my chat system. I will see if it is possible to grab the new guild chatting functions and party chat and include it in global listening.

Just so you know nothing is broken =)

Avelyn

Sorceror
kmwill23 said:
So you know, the feature you are thinking of still works as it did back then. What you are seeing now is an additional feature outside of my chat system. I will see if it is possible to grab the new guild chatting functions and party chat and include it in global listening.

Just so you know nothing is broken =)

That's what I thought you meant, but if that is the case why do I not see the guild chat on the bottom of the screen if I am standing next to one of the guild members? I have to be near none of them for it to show up.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Avelyn said:
That's what I thought you meant, but if that is the case why do I not see the guild chat on the bottom of the screen if I am standing next to one of the guild members? I have to be near none of them for it to show up.

Ohhhhhh! So the chat system does pick up the new chat when you are off screen! That's neat, and unintended. The way that Global world works, if the player is on your screen and you can see their text, it doesn't show up in the bottom left of your screen. This is to reduce doubling the messages. I guess the new guild chatting is caught as world speech. You would rather it show up there all the time, no matter what?