RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Lokai's World Omniporter (Revised Daat99's World Teleporter)

Lokai

Knight
Lokai's World Omniporter (Revised Daat99's World Teleporter)

Lokai's World Omniporter
:eek: (STOLEN SHAMELESSLY FROM DAAT99'S WORLD TELEPORTER.) :D

CHANGE LOG/UPDATES:
5/14/2008
- v2.2 uploaded. Includes ability to script in to use moongate instead of shield just by adding 'true' to the end of the OmniEntry. Zip already updated to use Moongate image on all public moongates.

WHY DID I CHANGE THE NAME?

Eventually, I changed the name because I wanted this to stand alone. I did not want to 'replace' it per se, but while testing, I found it was easier to work with if everything was 'new'.

WHAT'S NEW?

-- Twelve new flags:
-- % -- WO_OnlyAllowYoung -- When 'true' only YOUNG players can use the Omniporter
-- % -- WO_FeluccaNoYoung -- When 'true' YOUNG players may not travel to Felucca
-- % -- WO_DungeonsNoYoung -- When 'true' YOUNG players may not travel to Dungeons
-- % -- WO_AllPayToUse -- When 'true' the Omniporter costs Gold to use each trip
-- % -- WO_SkillsCost -- When 'true' higher skill totals make Omniporters more expensive
-- % -- WO_KarmaDiscount -- When 'true' higher Karma gives players discounts on the cost
-- % -- WO_TimeLimit -- When 'true' the Omniporter will disappear at the end of the TimeExpiration
-- % -- WO_UsesLimit -- When 'true' the Omniporter will disappear after MaxUses
-- % -- WO_DelayAfterUse -- When 'true' players must wait a TimeDelay after using the Omniporter
-- % -- WO_PayBeforeDelay -- When 'true' players can pay to avoid waiting for the TimeDelay
-- % -- WO_PetsMayTravel -- When 'true' pets may follow their owners through the Omniporter
-- % -- WO_PetsMustPay -- When 'true' owners must pay for pets also

-- Each new Flag is also subject to the 'Local' or 'Global' setting on it. If Local, any changes made to the Omniporter through [props will only affect that Omniporter. When Global, any changes made affect all Omniporters that are also Global. The only exception is the LocalUses variable, which is only used to track Local usage.

-- the Omniporter keeps track of how many times it is used. This can be useful to determine trends on your shard, or can be used to determine if you want to start charging for a particular Omniporter. Every time they use one, staff members will see Omniporter usage in the Selection Gump.

-- The 'UseEntry' keeps track of the Name of every player, and the Date they last used it, and the total number of times they have used.

-- the Skill premium and Karma discount can be further enhanced with Skill or Karma Bonus modifiers.

-- A friendly ConfirmGump warns players before they spend their hard-earned cash on the trip.

FILES IN THIS RELEASE:
-- WorldOmniporter.cs
-- ConfirmGump.cs

INSTALLATION NOTES:
-- Drop anywhere in Scripts folder.
-- Run command "[WorldOmniGen" in the game. This will delete any WorldTeleporters and ( if any ) existing WorldOmniporters, and place new WorldOmniporters.
-- Restart your Server (IMPORTANT)
-- Use [props to adjust parameters.

PS:
-- I really attempted to put this through it's paces. I worked through many errors, and think I have it pretty stable.
-- Error catching is used whenever possible, but feel free to try and 'break' it in game, and let me know how you do it, so I can fix it.

See Notes on Daat99's World Teleporter for more details.

Attachments

• World Omniporter.zip
    14 KB · Views: 687
  • World Teleporter.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 813
  • World Omniporter v2.2.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 371

Daene

Wanderer
I get this error:

Errors:
+ Customs/World Omniporter/WorldOmniporter.cs:
CS0246: Line 1412: The type or namespace name 'WorldTeleporter' could not be
found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Lokai

Knight
This script assumes you have the World Teleporter, sorry.

If you do not have it, upload and drop it in. That is probably easier than trying to edit the script to remove references to it.

I have posted it to the main page.

daat99

Staff member
I haven't looked at the code yet but I have a question.
In your installation instructions you said that the persons must restart the shard after they initiated the [gen commande.
I'm curious on why is that if you'll be willing to explain it to me :)

P.S.
Good job, keep it up :)

Lokai

Knight
Honestly, I tried to get it to do everything I wanted without a restart, but I was getting null reference exceptions. I eventually found that something I had built into the Serialization method was responsible for initializing some of the variables. So I added a check for the loading, and made it so it will not let them be used before a restart.

I would be VERY happy to have you look at the code, and make it better. This originally started as one of those things....I said to someone, "wouldn't it be cool if you could limit who or how many times someone used the World Teleporter?" ...and "What if you could make it so they had to wait a period of time between uses?" ...and so on. So I just did it.

Lokai

Lokai said:
Honestly, I tried to get it to do everything I wanted without a restart, but I was getting null reference exceptions. I eventually found that something I had built into the Serialization method was responsible for initializing some of the variables. So I added a check for the loading, and made it so it will not let them be used before a restart.

I would be VERY happy to have you look at the code, and make it better. This originally started as one of those things....I said to someone, "wouldn't it be cool if you could limit who or how many times someone used the World Teleporter?" ...and "What if you could make it so they had to wait a period of time between uses?" ...and so on. So I just did it.
If you contact me I can try and get the on the fly version working. We can work through the null errors.

daat99

Staff member
Lokai said:

Best way is to open a thread in the script support forum and get some help about it.
This way others will learn from your experience as well as getting the script working (pm's will get the script working but only you'll learn from it).
If you want than send me a pm with the link to the thread (assuming you'll start 1) and I'll pay closer attention to it.

sangredevida

Wanderer
Great Script

Thanks for updating the code on this script. It a great utility for the players. Thanks for your work on getting this script up and running I like the new options for charging to use the teleporters.

dxciber

Sorceror
I receive in yellow letters this error when i restart my server, any ideas?
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 1 warnings)
Warnings:
+ custom/WorldOmniporter.cs:
CS0168: Line 869: The variable 'e' is declared but never used

Liacs

Sorceror
it is no error, it is just a warning... you can work without correcting it...

I guess you can just delete the brackets in that script in line 869

( Exception e )

but not 100% sure :D

Soultaker

Sorceror
Sweet Script, now they can be everywhere!

Players gonna love this instead of having to be limited to books lol, choices for all styles this way !!
Thanks Again
Soultaker

mysticdonkey

Wanderer
Having one problem using the Omni, everything works fine but the staff destinations! Takes you to cities instead. I didn't see anywhere it talked about using it with the 2.0 stuff, but all in all I'm pretty impressed.
This is my first real attempt at setting up a shard to goof around on, and trying to figure it all out saw pages of errors the last two days. But, people actually can learn from mistakes, today I put in the Taming system, Daat99's 2.0 resources, and the world omniporter, with all up and working. What little problems I ran into were negligable. Like,, there seems to be a redundant keyring deffinition in the resource system, took that out and it worked fine, and since I had no teleporters one of the omniteleporter files had a variable for teleporters that was not defined anywhere, and since I had none, just took that out too. All three systems worked today on the second try!! Woohooo!!
Thanks to you two guys for all the work you put in just for fun. And,,, I really don't need to have a handy access to staff areas but would appreciate having one anyway. No fun using [go to get there! :)