RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Lokai's XML Bible System

Lokai

Knight
Lokai's XML Bible System

Lokai's XML Bible System

UPDATES:

9/26/2008
  • Removed old attachment due to corruption: XML Bible System.zip (1.26 MB, 382 views)
  • Added new attachments:
    1. XML Bible System.zip - contains all files with folders to add system to your Server
    2. Lokai XML Bible System.zip - contains just the .cs source files
    3. bible.zip - contains just the XML bible
9/4/2006
  • Refined the Topic Gump to make it faster, and to allow you to cycle through all Topics without having to reset the list of Topics.
  • Added Custom Gump to the release, which is required for some Gumps.
  • To get the new release, remove older version first, then download the attachment, and extract files to your RunUO folder.
7/22/2006:
  • Patch added which adds Chapter Index and Topical Concordance to the Bible Gump. VERY COOL. If you like this system you will love this addition. To get it, extract the files from the Patch above and overwrite your existing files. Also includes several new files.
I originally released this system for RunUO 1.0 back a while, and decided to completely rewrite it for RunUO 2.0.

If you downloaded the old system, you know it was very slow and buggy.

This version is much more stable, and infinitely faster. Also, this should be "Drag and Drop" compliant. No changes needed to existing scripts.

What is this?

The system includes the following:

Bible.cs -

The entire text of the Bible is read into static memory, and is available by Verse or Passage.

BibleGump.cs -

The Bible Gump allows you to read the text, change which Book, Chapter or Verses you are reading. It is 'somewhat' intelligent in how it understands which Book you are trying to read.

BibleReader.cs -

Contains the hashcode that stores the data from XML, and also has the routines which allow you to retrieve the data from multiple sources with varying inputs.

WanderingPreacher.cs -

Is set up and configured like a cross between a Bible and a WanderingHealer. He will not resurrect, but will heal Young players by annointing them with oil. He will sometimes quote passages to you, if he believes you need to hear it. He also responds to verbal requests as follows:
- "verse" - he will recite his 'Verse of the day'. (Book, Chapter, Verse.)
- "passage" - he will recite his entire Passage (Book, Chapter, First Verse - Last Verse.)
- "topic" - he will recite a passage based on his favorite Topic (which can be configured by the GM.)
- "topic" + keyword (eg. "angels") - he will recite a passage based on the Topic provided, if it exists.

PreacherGump.cs -

Similar to the BibleGump, it allows you to set up the Preacher's default scripture passage. The 'First Verse' is also the 'Verse of the day'.

TopicReader.cs -

Provides the brains and methods allowing the system to retrieve a random verse based on a given topic.

ConfigurePreacher.cs -

Allows GMs to launch the PreacherGump by selecting the context menu entry labeled "configure" when single-clicking the Preacher.

RecitalTimer.cs -

Sets up the delay between verses when the Preacher has multiple verses to read.

bible.xml -

This is the entire bible in XML format. It should be in your Data\Books directory.

How to Install?

Simply extract the Zip to your RunUO directory. I have included the Data and Scripts folder structure so that it should place them in the correct locations.

**EDIT** Just added. CustomGump.cs -

Needed to make the Gumps work, since they are based on my CG.
Download CustomGump.zip above.

Is this compatible with RunUO 1.0?

No. The changes made to this system were crafted specifically for 2.0.

I hope everyone is as blessed by this as I was by creating it.

Lokai

Attachments

• XML Bible System.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 254
  • Lokai XML Bible System.zip
    34.7 KB · Views: 180
  • bible.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 201
Looking forward

I am looking forward tp this script, I still have about 90 minutes of daylight and I plan to tend the roses and clean the tool shed. I have downloaded this script and I shall tell you what I thnk of it after I have installed this.

I decided that as my espress was brewing, Id give it a shot. I cam across this errror:

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Customs/XML Bible System/Scripts/Custom/Bible System/BibleGump.cs:
CS0246: Line 15: The type or namespace name 'CG' could not be found (are you
missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Customs/XML Bible System/Scripts/Custom/Bible System/PreacherGump.cs:
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

The error seems to be right here:

Code:
namespace Server.Custom
{
	public class BibleGump : CG
	{
		private int m_Book;

Lokai

Knight
Hanse the Insane said:
I decided that as my espress was brewing, Id give it a shot. I cam across this errror:

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Customs/XML Bible System/Scripts/Custom/Bible System/BibleGump.cs:
+ Customs/XML Bible System/Scripts/Custom/Bible System/PreacherGump.cs:
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

The error seems to be right here:

Code:
namespace Server.Custom
{
	public class BibleGump : CG
	{
		private int m_Book;

Sorry, CG is a custom Gump system I use. Forgot to include that.

Give me a sec.

**EDIT**

OK, added CustomGump.zip above. Get that to make my Gumps work.

Thanks.

Lokai

Knight
No problem.

I tried to 'break' my script, by giving it far out input and stuff, and it seems to be pretty robust, but I had forgot about that Gump part. hehe.

Lokai

Knight
Tru said:
I like it....and the fact people will hate me for the way I use it! :eek: :cool:

It's OK.

It's not like God will punish those that misuse His Word or take his name in vain...wait, never mind.

:D

Tru

Knight
Lokai said:
It's OK.

It's not like God will punish those that misuse His Word or take his name in vain...wait, never mind.

:D
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....I won't say more, In respect of everyone's/anyone's choice.

Lokai

Knight
Just added above:

Patch added which adds Chapter Index and Topical Concordance to the Bible Gump. VERY COOL. If you like this system you will love this addition. To get it, extract the files from the Patch above and overwrite your existing files. Also includes several new files.

Rosey1

Wanderer
Lokai, I've been eager to put this on my test shard and it is awesome! I can't wait to play with it some more!

:(

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lokai again.

Lokai

Knight
New Update!

Just uploaded new updated version:

• Custom Gump included.
  • Topic Gump is now MUCH faster, and lets you cycle through all Topics easily.
  • Please remove old versions completely before installing this. Thanks.

nadious

Sorceror
Can I just say... (sorry if this is digging up old threads...) that I'm HIGHLY impressed with this mod!

Being a youth pastor for nearly four years, a lot of the players that play on our shard are kids and young adults that have been in our youth group for the past four years. I played UO back in the OSI days (got into it right when T2A came out) for about 3 1/2 years... and a lot of my youth didn't even know what UO was. After talking about some of the old funny stories of the UO days, they wanted to try it out and we happened to find RunUO. So, I spent a great deal of time setting up the shard and we've had a blast ever since.

I'm very impressed with this script... I had gotten it just for novelty sakes... because I figured most of the players on our shard would find it neat and humorous.. but I was quickly taken back by what all you can do with the Bible book! The concordance is awesome. Not that I really expect anyone to sit down and read the Bible IN UO... :D But still... I think it just a very well done script, probably one of the better ones that I have seen, in terms of execution and usability.

GREAT JOB!

Lokai

Knight
nadious;700350 said:
Can I just say... (sorry if this is digging up old threads...) that I'm HIGHLY impressed with this mod!

Being a youth pastor for nearly four years, a lot of the players that play on our shard are kids and young adults that have been in our youth group for the past four years. I played UO back in the OSI days (got into it right when T2A came out) for about 3 1/2 years... and a lot of my youth didn't even know what UO was. After talking about some of the old funny stories of the UO days, they wanted to try it out and we happened to find RunUO. So, I spent a great deal of time setting up the shard and we've had a blast ever since.

I'm very impressed with this script... I had gotten it just for novelty sakes... because I figured most of the players on our shard would find it neat and humorous.. but I was quickly taken back by what all you can do with the Bible book! The concordance is awesome. Not that I really expect anyone to sit down and read the Bible IN UO... :D But still... I think it just a very well done script, probably one of the better ones that I have seen, in terms of execution and usability.

GREAT JOB!

Thank you.

I was very pleased with the way the Concordance turned out. I am not sure how many looks this got, but I hope it will get more since you were so kind to 'resurrect' it.

Johabius

Knight
Yes, thank for the An Corp on this thread. I had totally forgotten about this package and now I can download it for safekeeping for when I get the urge to open up another "I feel like creating a world" shard.:)

CosmoSpira

Sorceror
i think Tru and i are on the same page :) ..but i wont say anything else...it belongs in another forum

really cool and original idea!! :)

Nadious, you could hold a bible study on your shard :)

nadious

Sorceror
Hehehe... It is kind of neat, though. I placed a wandering preacher right by the Brit bank, with a music stand which is holding the Bible on it. (You know.. preachers have to go out and street preach sometimes. :D ) My players this is is just hilarious that when bad karma players go by, that the preacher starts to quote scriptures. They go by often just to see him do it. :D

But still... it is kind of neat to see players asking if they can get a Bible. So, I made them free (charge for God's word? LOL) on the vendor stone. I was doing some world clean up and noticed that a few of them have them locked down in their houses. Maybe they are doing a little afternoon reading while they work skills.

I DID have Xantho's Jail script installed (removed in when we upgrade to the SVN). Should have started an 'mandatory Bible program' for people that kept getting sent to jail. HAHAHAHA! Tell them they couldn't come out till they were 'reformed.' :D What would have been even funnier... if there was a way to place rock hammers inside of the Bibles.

ROFL!