RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Lokai's XML Bible System

Lokai

Knight
Update just posted to correct broken attachment:

9/26/2008
  • Removed old attachment due to corruption: XML Bible System.zip (1.26 MB, 382 views)
  • Added new attachments:
    1. XML Bible System.zip - contains all files with folders to add system to your Server
    2. Lokai XML Bible System.zip - contains just the .cs source files
    3. bible.zip - contains just the XML bible

Dodger-b

Sorceror
crashes

i just added this and it works good i have the preacher but all he says is "no verse found with that refrence" and when i try the configure on it the system crashes. also the bible adds just fine but when i double click it the server crashes. so i figured i needed the bible.zip also, but i cant unzip that file any suggestions is appreciated thanx in advance

ok i got the bible.zip unzipped but i still get the server crash

got it i just deleted everything and started over with the right download and now it works great tyvm

Hawkins

Sorceror
Lokai;777298 said:
Update just posted to correct broken attachment:

9/26/2008
  • Removed old attachment due to corruption: XML Bible System.zip (1.26 MB, 382 views)
  • Added new attachments:
    1. XML Bible System.zip - contains all files with folders to add system to your Server
    2. Lokai XML Bible System.zip - contains just the .cs source files
    3. bible.zip - contains just the XML bible

That link doesn't seem to work anymore, so I wonder if teh .zip files in the OP are the most updated?

It seems that the preachers will only say a fixed verse (such as John 3:16-17), can they be set to speak random verses each time when a player approaches them?

Lokai

Knight
Hawkins;784218 said:
That link doesn't seem to work anymore, so I wonder if teh .zip files in the OP are the most updated?

It seems that the preachers will only say a fixed verse (such as John 3:16-17), can they be set to speak random verses each time when a player approaches them?

The link works. Download "XML Bible System.zip" and follow the unzip procedures outlined in my FAQ:

http://www.runuo.com/forums/faq-forum/90228-how-open-runuo-zip-files.html

Lokai

Knight
Hawkins;784218 said:

Yes. I included a 'Random' boolean value to the preacher, but never implemented it. To do so, simply turn on the Boolean value on whatever Preacher you wish, and change the code as follows:

in WanderingPreacher.cs,

around line 91,

change ReadVerse() as follows:

Code:
  public void ReadVerse()
  {
   m_Preaching = true;
   Say( "Thus sayeth the Lord:" );
   if (Random) Say( BibleReader.GetRandomVerse() ) 
   else Say( BibleReader.GetVerse( m_Book, m_Chapter, m_FirstVerse ) );
   m_Preaching = false;
   m_NextPreach = DateTime.Now + PreachDelay;
  }

Sythen

Sorceror
Hi Lokai, Thank You For This Awesome System - Let Me Know If This Is Worth Your Time

I really love this system because it can be expanded on with other religions as well. Its nice to bring a little faith to the game. Just a little background though, I was looking at the gumps and artwork and I had a bug run up my arse; so I spent the last 10 hours of my life trying to improve your bible.cs gump artwork in an attempt to make it look more like a book instead of a block of grey. Well I got it working somewhat...

The Issues I Am Having:

The buttons don't seem to work very well. I used your Bible.cs and didnt deviate other than use code that was generated by GumpStudio for RunUO 2.0. Its funny because all the texts seem to appear in the right areas of the gump, but 1 button does not... the Accept Changes (the graphic I wanted to use was the little yellow pushbutton that says Accept on it) and the NONE of the buttons work.

Go figure... this is my luck right. Anyway If you like my artwork... ie the button design and the layout... I polished up that book a bit, made it larger and more clear so it would look good enlarged... and you'd like to incorporate it in the script please do, I think it would make the script 100 times more pleasing to look at.

Here is what I was left with the last attempt to boot up my server:

I've enclosed all the files I've been working with...

Download Them Here

> the gump studio project file I created the layout in... the whole thing is there.

> the bitmap artfiles of the new art tiles (in case you want to patch up)

> a copy of my gumpart.mul, gumpidx.mul, and tiledata.mul (from client 6.0.11.0 patch 72) in case you
want to backup your copies and use mine to see how well it works. :)

Let me know if you're willing to help restructure the gump. Had this of worked I would have posted the art bitmaps in this forum to allow others to patch up along with a copy of your working bible.cs file with the new layout and design. Unfortunately it didnt work :(. So I have nothing to show for :mad:

Anyway this idea stems from the perfectionist side of me and now I think I'm gonna crash cause this is really frustrating and umm - yea I have a headache. :(

mortenbub

Wanderer
im getting error "bible not found" i have xml in data and the rest in scripts? Shard compiles fine though, but crashes when i open book.

Never mind... just not being real bright. Incase anyone else has this issue, you need to make sure the bible.xml gets into the data folder.

Last question... any way to create the wandering preachers with bible's in their arms? :)

Pakko

Traveler
Hehehe... It is kind of neat, though. I placed a wandering preacher right by the Brit bank, with a music stand which is holding the Bible on it. (You know.. preachers have to go out and street preach sometimes. :D ) My players this is is just hilarious that when bad karma players go by, that the preacher starts to quote scriptures. They go by often just to see him do it. :D

But still... it is kind of neat to see players asking if they can get a Bible. So, I made them free (charge for God's word? LOL) on the vendor stone. I was doing some world clean up and noticed that a few of them have them locked down in their houses. Maybe they are doing a little afternoon reading while they work skills.

I DID have Xantho's Jail script installed (removed in when we upgrade to the SVN). Should have started an 'mandatory Bible program' for people that kept getting sent to jail. HAHAHAHA! Tell them they couldn't come out till they were 'reformed.' :D What would have been even funnier... if there was a way to place rock hammers inside of the Bibles.

ROFL!

LOL, now wouldnt that be an idea huh? a system that when jailed you have to somehow maybe gain enough points by using this bible system to be released from the jail hehe just a thought.

sry to necro a thread but i have to ask is there a newer version of this? one for a 2.2 or 3.0 maybe if not let me know ill pay someone to make new./....as i could really use a tool like this for a lil here and there faith.,

alas there is a 3.0 in a different area not mentioned here if you dont know of it sry. but i run a 2.2 runuo core. so i figured it would be allowed here. so far it just crashes out and well i may need to just look at it further before asking again. sry.....

fcondon

Sorceror
No need to apologize. I realized after I posted that, that you may have been refrencing OrbSA 3.0 version of RunUO.

Also I've been using this script with 2.2 core for a while. I just re-tested on the latest svn clean install and it works perfectly fine with no edits. You need to make sure you put the XML file in the Data folder. If you are getting errors try posting them after that.

thanks thats where i f ed up i wont bother anyone anymore .

Before you ask TG has made me very unpopular ill be going away again thanks for your help