RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Quest of Evil

Draegen

Sorceror
Quest of Evil

This quest was created by Sadoul what i found in the readme.

Here is a small quest run though that was in the zip still is.

You talk to the oldman, he tells you of a great evil you need to stop. To do this first get him the stone of Fire.

Find stone of fire on the ground...

Drop it on the oldman, he tells you where the person who knows how to get the stone of water is.

Goddess tells you where the guardian of water is.

Kill him, loot stone of water.

Drop stone of water on OldMan. He tells you where the Race of Dwarves that held the stone of Earth used to be.

Drop any of the stones on DGhost (ghost of bruenor).

He tells you how to restore his honor and he'll give you the stone of earth.

Kill one of the random ophidians it spawns. (or whatever you change it to) and loot Dwarven Oath

Give Oath to Bruenor who gives you the Stone of Earth

Drop stone of Earth on Oldman, he now tells you where to find Vargus, for get Stone of Air

Vargus tells you were nest area is, and you go and mine using special pick, mine the nest, recieve Stone of Wind

Drop stone of wind on Oldman, he tells you where the Elemental Forge is.

Find Forge, double click with all the stones on you to make Staff of Elements.

Give Staff of Elements to the Oldman, Reilken shows up and steals it, Oldman gives you a reward.

Hope you all injoy the updated version as you injoyed the old version

This does require a player mobile edit

Code:
Add:
		QuestSequence		= 0x00010000

belowe this
Code:
		private int m_Profession;

add this
Code:
		private int m_EvilQuest;

[CommandProperty(AccessLevel.Counselor)]
		public int QuestSequence
		{
			get{return m_EvilQuest;}
			set{m_EvilQuest = value;}
		}

In Deserialize Add:
Code:
				case 18:  // !!! Should be what you switched version too. !!!
				{
					m_EvilQuest = reader.ReadEncodedInt();
					goto case 17;  // !!! Should be one below what you switched version to. !!!
				}
In Serialize Add:
Code:
			writer.WriteEncodedInt( (int) m_EvilQuest );

then change version to next version up 18 or what every it is in your player mobile.

Attachments

• QuestofEvil.zip
    30.9 KB · Views: 223

daat99

Staff member
I will strongly suggest not to modify the playermobile serialization for each minor quest, especialy when most people don't know 100% what they're doing.
1 tiny mistake in ser/deser can cause you to loose all your players (delete all playermobile in the world).

There's another way to achieve 1 time only quests without any risk to the playermobile file (you can look at my website for a quest called "tonys quest" that implement that method).
It'll use a bit more memory but it'll ensure your shard safety.

P.S.
For those who know exactly how ser/deser works and how to modify it, please ignore this post.

**edit**
Please don't take this post as a flame or something that is supposed to lower your moral or something.
This was only ment to be helpfull and anyone who interprates it in any way other than trying to help people, please think hard on why you consider every post to be hostile when it wasn't ment to be, ty.

Also good job on updating the quest ;)

Draegen

Sorceror
yeah one thing i hated about this quest was it used the player mobile so people cant farm it i was thinkin of converting it to be like the grave digger quest so takes no mod and it is unfarmable :)_

thanks for the tips and help :p