RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Swamp Queen Quest Final 2.0

mitty

Sorceror
[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Swamp Queen Quest (updated)

Here's the update for the Quest I posted previously here for Run UO 1.0
Hope you enjoy it, and feel free to use it and let me know what ya think, as it is my first Quest submission. If you have trouble let me know, but It seems to work now for both versions of Run UO..(Here's a brief rundown).

The quest starts out in Bucs Den Trammel. You go up to the npc Old Salty and he talks to you about the evil swamp queen and how he almost died by her hands while exploring. He tells you that she's trapped underground, but he can gate you there if you want the quest. Accept and he gates you to the first Boss Monster, 'Mother Nature'. She was trapped by the evil swamp
queen and turned evil. She won't attack until struck(looks innocent). When you finish killing her, she drops a minor arty, and decent loot. Upon her death she spawns a gate to the second Boss 'The First Mate'. There are also 3 brigands with him to take on. When you get him killed, he spawns the Dread Pirate Captain Jack Sparrow (The True Boss on the second legg). when he's dead, he has a random chance of dropping 3 different pirate oriented minor arties.( I used the minors from stock Paragon spawn). He then spawns a gate to the final Boss 'The Swamp Queen'. You then must kill her to get a random chance at some custom armor ( Nox Armor) and a shield and katana. She also drops a good loot pack. You can then recall out, and the quest is finished. I'm going to convert this to 2.0 and am making some mods to it also. so basically, it can be three mini quests or finish the whole thing, your choice.

Like no marking in these special places and also feel free to mod the monsters and weapons if you like to fit your needs. I also included full instructions in the rar.folder. Hope this helped. :D

Installation: Drop In Custom-Script folder, restart server. Follow text instructions included in folder. :D

Attachments

• SwampQueenQuest.rar
    18.1 KB · Views: 451

Erica

Knight
Hmm something not right i added oldsalty click on him once hit talk then read gump hit ok but thats it nothing happens at all did with owner then with a reg player and he doesnt do nothing at all after you accept ok on quest.

mitty

Sorceror
Did you place Salty in the back of Bucs Den?

We started the quest in the back of the tavern in Buc's Den Trammel, (not Felucca), in the very back room by the table, that's where his gate script spawns the quest gate. If not you won't see anything happen. I mean put him standing at the very back room. Otherwise, youll have to change the locations in his script and his gate script. I left instructions in the package you may have to do so, if you dont use our locations. Also I'm at work when I get home, I'll check it out on my Run UO 2.0 shard. It works fine on Run UO 1.0 for us. Thank you for your input. :D

mitty

Sorceror
Tried it out on my 2.0 shard...

I got home and tried it out again to check for buggs and Old Salty worked just fine. must be you didnt put him in the back room(straight back) in the tavern in TRAMMEL Buc's Den...:D

Erica

Knight
mitty said:
I got home and tried it out again to check for buggs and Old Salty worked just fine. must be you didnt put him in the back room(straight back) in the tavern in TRAMMEL Buc's Den...:D
Sorry found out that you was right didnt know lol but did find one glitch tho ok if you accept quest the gate opens but let say you dont go thru the gat and click on him again and acceopt quest again it keeps opening another gate right on top of other gate so a player can just sit there and accept quest over and over and will add lots of gate right into them.

mitty

Sorceror
Removed and updated the little glitch..

I fixed the issue with old Salty and all works great now. I removed the old Rar. file and replaced... Download it and enjoy!!:D

I know warnings arent that big of a deal, but have heard they can cause problems later on. So I am posting the warnings I get from this script.

Code:
 + Customs/Quests/SwampQueenQuest/SwampQueenQuest/NoxArmor.cs/NoxArmor.cs/NoxRob
e.cs:
    CS0114: Line 12: 'Server.Items.NoxRobe.InitMinHits' hides inherited member '
Server.Items.BaseClothing.InitMinHits'. To make the current member override that
 implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword.
    CS0114: Line 13: 'Server.Items.NoxRobe.InitMaxHits' hides inherited member '
Server.Items.BaseClothing.InitMaxHits'. To make the current member override that
 implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword.

mitty

Sorceror
Thank You for the input...

I went in and fixed the little warnings and it compiled without em... I also replaced the whole Rar. file for the new updated one.. :D