RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] WoodCrafting

ssalter

Account Terminated
[RunUO 2.0 RC1] WoodCrafting

// Script Name: WoodCrafting 2.0 (and 1.0 version for RunUO 1.0)
// Author: Oak (atticus589 wrote original version)
// Server versions tested: RunUO 2.0 build 64, RunUO 1.0
// Date: 7/7/2006
// History:
// Wood Craft was originally done by atticus589 in February 2005.
// Modified for RunUO 1.0 by Oak for Sylvan Dreams shard in February 2005.
// Stackable driftwood, fixed spelling, changed item graphics, different messages, drop rates, custom items.
// Modified for RunUO 2.0 by Oak 7/7/2006.
// Removed custom items that required special graphics, changed drop rate, rearranged crafting menu, changed 2.0 fishing.cs

Installation:
- rename \Scripts\Engines\Harvest\fishing.cs to \Scripts\Engines\Harvest\fishing.c
- drop contents of zip file into your custom scripts folder

Purpose:
Woodcrafting is an additional crafting skill.
Fishermen will now pull up driftwood at times.
A whittling knife is required to carve the driftwood into various objects.
Fishing skill is required to be able to whittle. The statuettes take a high level of skill to be able to whittle.

This craft is still rather rudimentary at this point in time but is open ended to enhancements.

There are several items available on the crafting menu:

Miscellaneous items:
- fishing pole
- quarter staff
- gnarled staff

Interactive Statuettes (double click them!):
- crocodile
- plain idol
- shark
- sea spider
- sea sprite
- sea hag
- sea horse
- sea frog
- abacus

Update: Changed gumptitlestring so it shows up in white text and centered.

Update: 7/9/2006: Uploaded the 1.0 version. This is actually the 2.0 version converted back. (uses modified 1.0 fishing.cs)
RunUo 1.0 version is named WoodCrafting 1.0.rar

Update: Modified to restore standard cliloc message if not enough driftwood.

Attachments

• WoodCrafting1.0.rar
    16.8 KB · Views: 215
  • WoodCrafting2.0.rar
    15.6 KB · Views: 472

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Can you upload the 1.0 version please?
I havn't bothered to update my shard yet, I would love to but will wait till they get all the kinks worked out of it first.
Nice script btw.

jeremymcc

Sorceror
Great improvement over the previous version. Only got one issue though, the name Wood Crafting at the top of the gump is black. How could I make it white?

ssalter

Account Terminated
Uploaded! I don't have .net 1.1 installed on my machine anymore so I couldn't test it but the changes to go back to RunUO 1.0 were minimal and obvious so it should work fine. Let me know if you encounter any difficulties.

Iomega0318 said:
Can you upload the 1.0 version please?
I havn't bothered to update my shard yet, I would love to but will wait till they get all the kinks worked out of it first.
Nice script btw.

ssalter

Account Terminated
Thanks, another thing I never noticed and no player remarked on it in the year or so it was in use. :) I made the change and reuploaded both distros.

jeremymcc said:
Great improvement over the previous version. Only got one issue though, the name Wood Crafting at the top of the gump is black. How could I make it white?

Iomega0318

Sorceror
ssalter said:
Uploaded! I don't have .net 1.1 installed on my machine anymore so I couldn't test it but the changes to go back to RunUO 1.0 were minimal and obvious so it should work fine. Let me know if you encounter any difficulties.
Thanx, I have a ton of various extra crafting systems on my shard and love it when new ones come along. I will be adding that later tonight when I have the chance, if I can get to it tonight. I will let you know how it all goes as soon as I get it in. Again Thank You, and Great Job

penndragon

Sorceror
cliloc error

we are getting a megacliloc error when there is not enough driftwood to create the item. "Megacliloc string id not found 600012"
Any ideas?

ssalter

Account Terminated
My apologies. I was using a custom cliloc on the old shard and forgot to change the cliloc entries back to a default "not enough materials" message. All fixed and re-uploaded. All you need from the new files is defwoodcarving.cs.

Thanks!

penndragon said:
we are getting a megacliloc error when there is not enough driftwood to create the item. "Megacliloc string id not found 600012"
Any ideas?

error message

get the following error. gotta fix?

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ custom pandora/New script in testing/OwnerRobe.cs:
CS1513: Line 21: } expected
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.
Errors:
+ Items/Skill Items/Fishing/FishingPole.cs:
CS0103: Line 22: The name 'Fishing' does not exist in the current context
CS0103: Line 29: The name 'Fishing' does not exist in the current context

ssalter

Account Terminated
Remove or fix the error in OwnerRobe.cs and restart. See if that error in fishingpole.cs comes up again.

error message

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Errors:
+ Items/Skill Items/Fishing/FishingPole.cs:
CS0103: Line 22: The name 'Fishing' does not exist in the current context
CS0103: Line 29: The name 'Fishing' does not exist in the current context

same error without the cloak part

ssalter

Account Terminated
sounds like you don't have fishing.cs in your script dir? There was a modified fishing.cs that came with the woodcrafting package. Verify that you have 1 and only 1 copy of fishing.cs and it is the one that came with the woodcrafting package.

Sparkin

Sorceror
I don't see a new fishing.ch in the rar... did it get removed?
would love to try the system but i downloaded it twice and still dont have a fishing.cs

ssalter

Account Terminated
I just checked and both had fishing.cs. I reupped both versions though. Try one of those. Maybe a download prob? Let me know!

Adding resources?

Sorry to bring this post from the dead. But I was wondering how to add resources to this system. I have tried several different ways but to no success. Can other resources be added. By adding resources I mean putting a second resource such as a type of wood to the craftables along with the drift wood.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Hey if you didnt bring this post "back from the dead" i wouldnt have seen it. Thanks!
But i have a question. I download the 2.0 version. Testing it with my character. 120 Fishing and 0 chance to make anything on the list. How do i change this so lets say 100 or better has a decent amount of chance? I was looking around in the DefWoodCarving.cs but im not real certain what to change on it. Thankyou. :)