RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.1] Nerun's Distro

nerun

Sorceror

Nerun's Distro is a distribution for RunUO 2.3 centered on the settlement of the game, using the Premium Spawner engine. Easy to use, this distro includes spawns for a 100% spawned world: Felucca, Trammel, Ilshenar, Malas, Tokuno and Ter Mur, and tutorials in english and portuguese.

Tested with:
  • Classic Client up to 7.0.29.2
  • RunUO 2.3 and SVN

CHANGELOG
Rev. 126-128 (05-Mar-2013)
  • Emergencial fix in Stygian Abyss teleporters (shard crash);
  • Fixed bug in Teleporter Maker that made it impossible to compile;
  • More fixes in CreateWorld (this is not my day).
Rev. 122-125 (04-Mar-2013)
  • Updated ML teleporters;
  • Updated Teleporter Maker to allow “remove only” mode;
  • Added teleporters’ config file for Kingdom’s Reborn Age I;
  • Updated Create World to replace TelGen with TelMake;
  • Moved teleporters from decorations’ cfg files to teleporters’ cfg files (each thing in its proper place).
PS.: for a complete changelog, please read ChangesHistory500-525 and ChangesHistoryRev.

INSTALLATION from 7-zip file
1) Download 7-zip from HERE. WinRAR v4.0 or higher can be used to unzip 7z files.

2) Download NerunsDistro-r[x].7z bellow.

3) Follow instructions from 7 to 10 in Installation from SVN Repository bellow.

INSTALLATION from SVN Repository
1) First download your favorite SVN tool. I am using TortoiseSVN. If you don't have one already.

2) Somewhere on your screen right click your mouse and you will come up with your options as you normally would and select SVN Checkout. See pic below.

3) Then you will be given a program box that looks like this:

4) Enter "http://runuo-nerun-distro.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/" (without quotes) in the URL of Repository box. Below that, in Checkout directory, enter where you want the whole system to be downloaded to, such as C:\NerunsDistro.

5) Click ok and allow it to completely download till it is done. It will say updated to revision xxx when done.

6) Go to your Checkout directory. Right click it. Select TortoiseSVN > Export. And export it to somewhere in your Windows.

7) Inside your exported folder, you will see two folders and six files:

+ Distro for RunUO 2.3​
+ Distro for RunUO SVN​
. ChangesHistory500-525.pdf​
. ChangesHistoryRev.pdf​
. Premium Spawner Tutorial (EN-rev).txt​
. Premium Spawner Tutorial (PT-BR).txt​
. READ-ME FIRST.txt​
. SpawnIDs Table.xls​

8) Of course, read the READ-ME file FIRST. It will told you to open the folder for the RunUO version you wants.

9) If you want to run it with RunUO 2.3 open the folder "Distro for RunUO 2.3":

a) Copy "Data" and "Scripts" folder.​
b) Paste them inside your RunUO folder.​
c) When Windows ask if you wants to overwrite/superscribe say "yeas to all".​
d) Start the server.​
e) Enjoy!​

10) If you want to run it with RunUO SVN:

a) Follow instructions of item 9 above (it means: install distro for RunUO 2.3 first).​
b) Open "Distro for RunUO SVN".​
c) Copy "Scripts" folder.​
d) Follow instructions 9(b) to 9(e) above.​

FRESH INSTALL = RunUO + Nerun's Distro only!!!

FROM SCRATCH (FRESH INSTALL RECOMMENDED):
1) Start Main Spawner System: click in [PremiumSpawner in the Joeku's Toolbar;
2) It will open the Premium Spawner menu;
3) Select Apocalypse now (Clear all facets) under WORLD CREATION, click OK;
4) Select Let there be light (Create world) under WORLD CREATION, select all, click OK;
5) Under SELECT SPAWNS BY EXPANSION, select wich spawn pack do you want to install based upon the UO expansion your server will run, click OK;

IF NOT FRESH INSTALL:
1) If you made your own spawns with RunUO before install this distro, you can use Conversion Utility to convert RunUO spawners to Premium Spawners system.
2) Remove the vendors spawned by default in RunUO, because this distro will spawn new vendors, in the right locations: [global remove where spawner.
3) follow steps 4 to 5 in "Fresh Install".

PS.: for more command options read Tutorial.

1.- How do I get rid of the default spawned vendors before running the spawner?
A: [global remove where spawner, it will remove ALL RunUO default spawners, then remember to use [decorate again, to replace the quest spawners. But you can use RunUO vendors, because they are more accurate in amount of vendors. In my distro, the spawners spawn less vendors, because i believe the most of the shards are small and don't need too many vendors, but for OSI accuracy [uoamvendors is better.

2.- Where can i download a version for RunUO 1.0, 2.0 RC2, 2.0 Final, 2.1 or 2.2?
A: In the Google Code

3.- The spawns of this system are OSI accurate?
A: Read Spawns Packs - Multiple Eras.

4.- What are OverSeers? How it works?
A: Read here.

NERUN'S UNIVERSAL UNINSTALLER
You can use the Universal Uninstaller with Rev. 3+. See Gogle Code Project link above.

LINKS TO OTHER SCRIPTS

Attachments

• DistroInAction.jpg
    DistroInAction.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 973
  • NerunsDistro-r128.7z
    330.6 KB · Views: 722

Alcsaar

Sorceror
Noticing an "issue" of sorts. Not sure if this is intended or not.

Spawners are only spawning one npc per building. Not an issue if some cases, but for example north brit mage shop was only spawning one mage, no alchemists or anything.

One of the main problems however was the carpenter in Britain. Spawned a carpenter but no real estate vendor.

Also missing all guild masters, except for the tinker shop in brit, which spawned a guild master and no tinker.

Zycron

Squire
anychance on this being updated periodically to work with new svn's i get some compile errors with todays 12/26 svn :)

Chemoshe

Wanderer
I'm sorry but after I spawn the world with this and later restart my server I get a "Cleanup: Detected xx hair and facial hair items being worn, converting to their virtual counterparts" and then it basically freezes there, do you know what thats about?

TheNorthStar

Sorceror
I'm sorry but after I spawn the world with this and later restart my server I get a "Cleanup: Detected xx hair and facial hair items being worn, converting to their virtual counterparts" and then it basically freezes there, do you know what thats about?
It's actually unrelated to the cleanup. I just finally got a chance to do this upgrade as well, mine hangs after the listeners enable. When I connect it gets to verifying account. I don't know which component of this package causes it, but after removing it the problem goes away. I had to junk the save file though.

nerun

Sorceror
It's actually unrelated to the cleanup. I just finally got a chance to do this upgrade as well, mine hangs after the listeners enable. When I connect it gets to verifying account. I don't know which component of this package causes it, but after removing it the problem goes away. I had to junk the save file though.

Hireables maybe? They are old scripts. I will test it. And Alcsaar issue too.

Dangerous

Wanderer

I have this problem also. I ditched my save and it worked, so I logged on, spawned Trammel mobs, saved and shutdown. Upon restart I get the "xx hair and facial hair items being worn..." error.

Can you tell me what you removed to be able to actually save and continue?

Thanks,
Dave

nerun

Sorceror
Not hireables, I deleted yours as I use my own custom ones. all the mobiles have been deleted, as well as the ML content. If that helps narrows things down.

Problems are with items, maybe PremiumSpawner. I will test.

Anyway i made some bugfixes in the new release 5.2.3 above.

Dangerous

Wanderer
Works like a dream Nerun - no more issues with my hair. :)

Although I get the 'Verifying Account...' problem whenever I try to load a saved world. Starting a new one is fine, but if I've spawned and saved, upon restarting runuo I just sit at verifying account forever.

Anyone got any ideas on that? Works fine if I don't restart the server, ever!

Thanks,
Dave

TheNorthStar

Sorceror
It has nothing to do with hair. It just happens to start after that warning. I'm pretty sure that while the PremiumSpawners are initializing, they is getting hung up on something.