RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.1 Released

Corpsecrank

Sorceror
The SA client was quite a rewrite from the KR client, so much so, that I would consider it a whole new attempt. The original KR client was 100% 3d, the SA client rolled back to 2d over 3d terrain. Quite a different look. I wouldnt worry about the SA client, its really not that impressive. The 2d client was never discontinued, after the KR client failed, they saw the entire community continue to use the 2d client, and chances are it will never disappear. I personally see no reason to ever support the SA client.

From what I saw when I used the enhanced client they only rolled back models to 2d and polished the interface a bit. But you are right there were a lot of changes from KR to SA enhanced. Most of what changed was planned for KR at one point though anyhow with the exception of going back to classic style models.

Jeff

Lord
From what I saw when I used the enhanced client they only rolled back models to 2d and polished the interface a bit. But you are right there were a lot of changes from KR to SA enhanced. Most of what changed was planned for KR at one point though anyhow with the exception of going back to classic style models.
Ya, and bottom line, it looks terrible... :)

Corpsecrank

Sorceror
Ya, and bottom line, it looks terrible... :)

Haha right on. Believe me non support of anything but the classic client is never going to make me cry.

Mostly my concern was only about the copyright as of SA and how it may effect the classic client. I would still love to see the SA and HS content supported for use on classic.

Nockar

Sorceror
I was wondering how this would work.

Let’s say I started using 2.1 and had game saves with it and what not. Then 2.2 comes out with core change & script changes.

The scripts can just be merged or over written. But what about the core. Do you just re-compile it and replace most of server files? Do you lose game saves. How does it work when you go from one version to another?

Corpsecrank

Sorceror
At some point I would love to see a way to export your players accounts and your saves and import them to a clean shard. If runuo had something like that then migrating to a new version would be so easy. The only thing you would have to worry about is custom scripts but as long as you were carefully adding them you could easily merge those back into a clean install again and import everything and be good to go.

Either that or a way for runuo to update automatically but that is a whole different story. Still could you imagine what it would be like if this emulator were that easy to update? One can dream eh.

Jeff

Lord
At some point I would love to see a way to export your players accounts and your saves and import them to a clean shard. If runuo had something like that then migrating to a new version would be so easy. The only thing you would have to worry about is custom scripts but as long as you were carefully adding them you could easily merge those back into a clean install again and import everything and be good to go.

Either that or a way for runuo to update automatically but that is a whole different story. Still could you imagine what it would be like if this emulator were that easy to update? One can dream eh.

That wouldnt work due to serialization..

I was wondering how this would work.

Let’s say I started using 2.1 and had game saves with it and what not. Then 2.2 comes out with core change & script changes.

The scripts can just be merged or over written. But what about the core. Do you just re-compile it and replace most of server files? Do you lose game saves. How does it work when you go from one version to another?
Yes you can update the core, long as you haven't made serialization adjustments in the core. If you have, you have to compile the core yourself with merged edits.

Corpsecrank

Sorceror
That wouldnt work due to serialization..

Yes you can update the core, long as you haven't made serialization adjustments in the core. If you have, you have to compile the core yourself with merged edits.

Yeah I knew there was something holding it back but I was drawing a blank. Still sure would be nice if we didn't have to worry about updating. I think the only thing really holding me back is the fact that I would never have a current version because I don't want to redo everything when enough changes happen.

I have been out of the loop for a while. Real life gets in the way :(. I was wondering what clients does runuo 2.1 support I like 5.0.9.1 and was wondering if I would need to upgrade to a new client.

Morxeton

Sorceror
I have been out of the loop for a while. Real life gets in the way :(. I was wondering what clients does runuo 2.1 support I like 5.0.9.1 and was wondering if I would need to upgrade to a new client.

I believe 5.0.9.1 should work just fine.

does this work with all the new UO expansions and that new gorgyle race? :confused:

Nope, although it gives much support for SA/HS packets.

runuomondains (MalGanis/Callandor2k's fork) is updated to latest RunUO SVN so it includes RunUO 2.1
sa-project (from ex-Orbsydia, Thilgon/Peoharen/[I dunno...]) is not yet updated to RunUO 2.1 edit: it is updated to SVN 642, so it has 2.1

I don't follow other forks/parallel projects.

Guttersnipe

Squire
awww your right i just finished download it...it let you create a gorgyle race as if you really are but when your finish and login server it converts into a completely bald human :/ but yeah...thanks for information...

Guttersnipe

Squire
awsome thanks for info, I tried the SVN but it dosnt work :/ each time i create account, login, create character (any race) it crashs :( dont know why i've attached crash report. also i have a problem with 2.1 dont know if its a bug or if im the only one. When goign to Props and opening body picker nothing shows it, except a white messege saying "The server must have UO:3D installed to use this feature."....any idea why? is it maybe because i downloaded and use the lastest version of uo client classic from uo.com, never had this problem with UO Gold. any fixes or ideas?

Attachments

• Crash 23-12-2010-21-54-58.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 10
you need zlib. it exists for both 32 and 64 bit OS, juist drop the dll in your RunUO folder (not scripts)

you can get them both here

http://runuo.com/mark/zlib.dll (32 bit)
http://runuo.com/mark/zlib64.dll (64 bit)

In the future, use the website for sa-project for support if using their SVN, as we won't be able top help you with most issues you have with it, and people might confuse it for the official (non SA) SVN here. (only reason I was able to help you was because this issue can happen on both)