RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.1 Released

tass23

Page
It's quite alright, everyone laughs at everyone here. Mostly because we have to, as we're scripted out of our minds half the time ;)

mordredrs

Sorceror
Heya!
I'm having an issue with chat system: clicking in chat button doesn't allow to create a channel; party conversations and guild conversations are not working as well.
It happens with both runuo 2.1 and runuomondains. My client is 7.0.9.0, but i've tried on 6.0.14.3 and 7.0.0.0 with the same issue.
Thanks a lot for any help!

Jeff

Lord
You have to enable the chat system, it is disabled by default. It is in like Scripts/Engines/ChatSystem, or something, you'll have to look for it.

mordredrs

Sorceror
You have to enable the chat system, it is disabled by default. It is in like Scripts/Engines/ChatSystem, or something, you'll have to look for it.

Humm... I thought could be this, but i was looking this line in Scripts/Engines/chat.cs

using System;
using Server;
using Server.Misc;
using Server.Network;
using Server.Accounting;

namespace Server.Engines.Chat
{
public class ChatSystem
{
private static bool m_Enabled = true;

public static bool Enabled
{
get{ return m_Enabled; }
set{ m_Enabled = value; }
}
It seems chat system is enabled, but it doesn't work, maybe another line(s) i'm missing?
And thanks for the fast answer Jeff!

Jeff

Lord
Hmm, not sure, thought it was disabled by default. You'd have to do some debugging to see if the packets for chat stuff are being received correctly.

mordredrs

Sorceror
Ok, the screen is the same with or without debug mode (except for -debug on debug mode of course:));
The only thing i can imagine is my .NET Framework version (i'm on windows XP service pack 3)

AlphaDragon

Sorceror
Are you saying that it froze there? stoped and nothing else showed?
Seems ok, you may want to try using razor and connect to your server. From what I see it seems to be working unless I missed something.

mordredrs

Sorceror
That's a typical console window with typical information. What were you trying to show here?
Oh, sorry, you misunderstood me. I meant to show my runuo connection to Jeff. I'm having an issue with my chat system (see some posts above) and he asked me to see my connection screen in debug mode...
Anyways, thanks for any help, i don't know why chat system keeps not working... And i know i could try knive's chat system, but it doesn't seem to work with post RC2...
Any suggestion?

tass23

Page
I'm actually using Knive's Chat System 3 on my 2.1 shard. If you can find the conversion thread (changes from 2.0 to 2.1) you can fix all the errors to get it working with 2.1.

Alyssa Dark

Sorceror
Looks like there are a lot of improvments with 2.1. In short, my question is...

I'm running runuo2 rc2, not an svn, would it be worth or is it even possible, to update to this new version and not loose the shard currently? I have not dealt with svns or updating runuo files. Sorry for this generalized question but before I start to work on that, wonder what I'm getting myself into and the risks of loosing player accounts, houses, items etc that are currently saved.

Thanks for any response.

Xeevis

Sorceror
Updating is generally quite difficult if you modified many distro files you'll have to merge them one by one. Personally i think every shard owner should update at least weekly to SVN via merging. That way you stay always up to date (new features, bug fixes, cleanup etc) and while Im at it I check for possible bugs and edit it to my likings right away :). If you don't update you'll be like you say locked in old build that has so many things different that its almost impossible for you to update. You'll have to write down where you edited what and you'll have to do the same to latest RunUO.