RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.1 - XMLSpawner?

MajinKai

Traveler
Didn't really know where to put this, so...

Anyone know where I can find a version of XMLSpawner that works with RunUO 2.1? I tried searching, but...Think the search tool is broken.

Thanks in advance!

because NOBODY ELSE can look at the code and help or anything. Its just a matter of time, many people know the xml system, and someone has already made some of the required changes, but integrated it in with RunUO-SA. It just needs a little time and effort.

And its been more than many months, in fact there were issues getting it to run with RC2 and 2.0 Final. He wasn't around then and the community fixed it then too. That was 1-2 Years ago.

Either way linking someone to a product that wont work with their version is pretty stupid. So is saying Never

Either way linking someone to a product that wont work with their version is pretty stupid. So is saying Never

I was just linking to the official site. I don't know if it's working with 2.1 or not since I've never tried it out. There is no project updating or fixing the XmlSpawner System as far as I know. If you know any, feel free to post a link and help that user. Calling me trying to help and provide a link to the most current version stupid won't do any good.

I don't expect XmlSpawner to be ever revived in a new project. The code base is a little buggy, not well documented and structured and the scripting language isn't really intuitive. It would be easier for someone eager to spend time on such a system to rewrite it entirely.

And btw.: sorry, I've never been good in math. I didn't know that something around 50 months was more than "many"... would "humongous" be the correct, officially licensed term for that?

And btw.: sorry, I've never been good in math. I didn't know that something around 50 months was more than "many"... would "humongous" be the correct, officially licensed term for that?

You know what? You are absolutely right, and I do apologize for taking over 604,800 seconds to respond.

Calling me trying to help and provide a link to the most current version stupid won't do any good.

If someone asks for something that works with a specific version of something, linking them without knowing whether it will or not isn't helpful at all, it is stupid. I call spades spades.
I don't know if it's working with 2.1 or not since I've never tried it out.

but yet youre confident that:
They won't ever be resolved.

First you claim ignorance, then you claim the gift of foresight. Interesting. Of course you reworded it with a little less certainty but more FUD:
I don't expect XmlSpawner to be ever revived in a new project. The code base is a little buggy, not well documented and structured and the scripting language isn't really intuitive. It would be easier for someone eager to spend time on such a system to rewrite it entirely.

Using logic, why wouldn't it be fixed to work with 2.1? The original author being gone has nothing to do with it, in fact, ArteGordon is not even the original author. The source code of the system that you seem to know all of the faults of has, right in the beginning:
Rich (BB code):
Modification of the original XmlSpawner written by bobsmart
Not that it matters, this community has been around for more than 4,733,538.9 minutes, and in that time many scripts have been updated without the original authors, in fact there are at least 7 updated versions of Arya's Addon Generator on these boards by multiple people for multiple RunUO versions. XMLSpawner itself has been updated quite a few times by various people, although to say that any of them has been a dedicated 'project' is a bit much. Bottom line, popular releases always get updated by the community.
There is no project updating or fixing the XmlSpawner System as far as I know. If you know any, feel free to post a link and help that user.

Why thank you for giving me permission to do correctly what you have failed to do! It truly is an honor!

Anyway, the main issue getting XML Spawner to work with RunUO 2.1 is the relatively common issue of Tile vs StaticTile and LandTile, as well as a small issue with netstate in the attachments system, and the also common SBinfo issue.

The kind folks over at the RunUO-SA project have made the necessary changes, however they also updated other portions of it to work with the (even newer) current SVN, and as such it does not work out of the box with 2.1. I have removed those updates (CreaturesName vs SpawnNames, HomeLocation, the Ter Mur stuff, etc) And it compiles and works fine on RunUO 2.1. Those using the current SVN will want to keep those other updates from the SA Project.

Cheers!

Files that need to be changed (from the archive you posted)
.\XmlSpawner2.cs
.\XmlUtils\WriteMulti
.\XmlMobiles\TalkingJeweler.cs
.\XmlQuest\XmlQuestHolder.cs

Attachments

• XmlSpawner2.cs
    527.5 KB · Views: 355
  • WriteMulti.cs
    11.7 KB · Views: 230
  • TalkingJeweler.cs
    867 bytes · Views: 231
  • XmlQuestHolder.cs
    62.8 KB · Views: 235
i was wondering if you could help me fix my xmlspawner for my runuo SVN i have been to the places you have suggested and i still cant get it to work i keep getting this error
Errors:
+ Customs/XML Spawner/XmlSpawner2.cs:
CS0535: Line 38: 'Server.Mobiles.XmlSpawner' does not implement interface me
mber 'Server.ISpawner.Remove(Server.ISpawnable)'
CS0535: Line 38: 'Server.Mobiles.XmlSpawner' does not implement interface me
mber 'Server.ISpawner.HomeLocation'

i got it fixed its cool found someone that posted their svn xmlspawner zip and now is working
now if you can tell me if the spwaner can be set up where you dbl click an item then click an object to spawn the mob that would be a great help

CB0T

Sorceror
i got it fixed its cool found someone that posted their svn xmlspawner zip and now is working
now if you can tell me if the spwaner can be set up where you dbl click an item then click an object to spawn the mob that would be a great help

May show-me the URL, please?

zephur

Wanderer
This was helpfull as it eliminated all errors i was getting but one. I am still getting the following error;
Errors:
+custom/XLM/XmlSpawner2.cs:
CS0535: Line 38: 'Server.Mobiles.XmlSpawner' does not implement interface member 'Server.ISpawner.Remove<server.ISpawnable>'
CS0535: Line 38: 'Server.Mobiles.XmlSpawner' does not implement interface member 'Server.ISpawner.HomeLocation'
This is all very new to me. I have a book on C# coming but untill then I'm clueless.

Xavier_WER

Sorceror
You know what? You are absolutely right, and I do apologize for taking over 604,800 seconds to respond.

If someone asks for something that works with a specific version of something, linking them without knowing whether it will or not isn't helpful at all, it is stupid. I call spades spades.

but yet youre confident that:

First you claim ignorance, then you claim the gift of foresight. Interesting. Of course you reworded it with a little less certainty but more FUD:

Using logic, why wouldn't it be fixed to work with 2.1? The original author being gone has nothing to do with it, in fact, ArteGordon is not even the original author. The source code of the system that you seem to know all of the faults of has, right in the beginning:
Rich (BB code):
Modification of the original XmlSpawner written by bobsmart
Not that it matters, this community has been around for more than 4,733,538.9 minutes, and in that time many scripts have been updated without the original authors, in fact there are at least 7 updated versions of Arya's Addon Generator on these boards by multiple people for multiple RunUO versions. XMLSpawner itself has been updated quite a few times by various people, although to say that any of them has been a dedicated 'project' is a bit much. Bottom line, popular releases always get updated by the community.

Why thank you for giving me permission to do correctly what you have failed to do! It truly is an honor!

Anyway, the main issue getting XML Spawner to work with RunUO 2.1 is the relatively common issue of Tile vs StaticTile and LandTile, as well as a small issue with netstate in the attachments system, and the also common SBinfo issue.

The kind folks over at the RunUO-SA project have made the necessary changes, however they also updated other portions of it to work with the (even newer) current SVN, and as such it does not work out of the box with 2.1. I have removed those updates (CreaturesName vs SpawnNames, HomeLocation, the Ter Mur stuff, etc) And it compiles and works fine on RunUO 2.1. Those using the current SVN will want to keep those other updates from the SA Project.

Cheers!

Files that need to be changed (from the archive you posted)
.\XmlSpawner2.cs
.\XmlUtils\WriteMulti
.\XmlMobiles\TalkingJeweler.cs
.\XmlQuest\XmlQuestHolder.cs

Would you mind updating this to RunUO 2.2? Would be great, thanks

chaddd

Sorceror
Im running 2.2 but it shows in the console that it's 2.1, so you might wanna try the fix listed above. I think it may work -- i'll let you know.

AudriaM

Traveler
I had a shard a couple of years ago, but put it aside when I got my new computer and it had windows 7 on it. It didn't work with my current version of RunUO. I've recently come back because I just wanted to fiddle around with things. I found a version of RunUO that does work with windows 7 and am extremely pleased. I'm sorry to see so much hostility is still here in the forums. I suppose some things never change. I'm not a script expert, but as these other's have asked for the update of the xml spawners for version 2.2 I'd like to put my vote in as well that I'd love a copy of it, since I was extremely addicted to xml spawners when I did have a shard. Thank you all in advance and have a wonderful day!

hungry4knowhow

Sorceror
Gosmann, im not sure its that easy. I've spent the better part of this morning going through the XMLSpawner 3.26 release from OrBsydia with RunUO 2.2 SVN 862 in WinMerge, and there are ENORMOUS differences. The BaseCreature file alone took me 45mins to go through.

Its definitely not drag and drop into RUO 2.2. They have alot of ML and of course all of their SA stuff that is not in the Distro files of RunUO.

PITA. And not even halfway done.