RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[runuo 2] skills all 120 but NEED power scrolls...

DebbieDoo

Sorceror
[runuo 2] skills all 120 but NEED power scrolls...

Ok I am willing to bet the farm on the fact that this has been asked a million times already, but ive searched for some time now and cant seem to find the answer. What I would like to do is raise the skill cap so that players can get all skills to 100 by working them and to 120 after using a power scroll only.

I tried it once but ended up with skills they could work to 120 without a power scroll.

Hope this made sense? Can anyone explain, or even just give a link pleeeease? :eek: With sugar on top?

they should not be able to raise skill above 100 with out using powerscrolls - it is built in that way

now using jewelry and such (1.0 only or the high end svn of 2.0) you can have skills above the cap

but the standard cap is 100 unless you have changed it - will not go above 100 with training

so either you have it so they are starting out above 100 in their caps or you have modified skillcheck.cs file to ignor the caps
(or you have cheating GM's)

all a powerscroll does is to raise the cap for the skill - so if the skill allows it it can then train up to the new cap (some skills can't go to 120)

and i just thought of something - you may have a skill ball that ignors the cap and will add to the skill then alowing it to go over the cap with its use only

otherwise - you have realy added in something funky

ok after rereading what you wrote - you may have ment to have a total skill cap high enough for this

to do that - search playermobile.cs for 7000 (the standard 700 skillcap) and change it to (number of skills you have) * 1200 and replace the 7000 with that - that will allow them to have enough "slots" to take all skills to 120

daat99

Staff member
DebbieDoo said:
Ok I am willing to bet the farm on the fact that this has been asked a million times already, but ive searched for some time now and cant seem to find the answer. What I would like to do is raise the skill cap so that players can get all skills to 100 by working them and to 120 after using a power scroll only.

I tried it once but ended up with skills they could work to 120 without a power scroll.

Hope this made sense? Can anyone explain, or even just give a link pleeeease? :eek: With sugar on top?
This is like that in the distro shard.

DebbieDoo

Sorceror
Who knows what I did? lol

All I know is quite some time ago when 2.0 first came out i played with it. Mind you Im not public at all. Just friends and family is all. Anyhow I changed the skill cap and next thing I knew Razor was showing that quite a few skills could go to 120 by working them.

Anyhow, I found this:
http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64890

By following this, if Im understanding correctly I should be able to set the skill cap, but for anyone to get above 100 to 120 they would need power scrolls?

Edit: Also to make sure I still know how to count :p there are 54 skills total not counting spellweaving, correct? So I would set the cap to 54000?

54000 would be to 100 only - need to do 54 * 1200 so they can go to 120 if they have the scrolls

the scrolls only raises the individual cap - not the total cap

DebbieDoo

Sorceror
*shakes head, hides in shame*

I knew that but see told ya fell in a bucket of stupid today. lmao Ok so skill cap to 64800 and Im all set? WOOT! Thank you gentlemen. *bows*