RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO asks you to extend your help to the Tsunami victims

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
RunUO asks you to extend your help to the Tsunami victims

I'm sure by now, most of you have heard about CrazyJoe.

All of us here have a common link, Ultima Online. Everything in Ultima Online has some sort of value to us, be it an emotional attachment to the first GM Bow you've ever made or that hoarde of 100 million gold most of you out there are sitting on. Now, with eBay making it easy to sell Gold Online, one ambitious man has taken it upon himself to gather Ultima Online gold, and dispurse it on eBay and in turn donate all of the real money to the Red Cross for the Tsunami Victims.

We all know by now the devistation the Tsunami's have left accross the world, and nearly every country has felt some sort of effect from this. I implore you, beg of you and plead with you to find it in yourself to re-activate your UO Accounts for a month for those of you who have quit and donate everything you have to CrazyJoe. The Tsunami tragedy dwarfs what we felt with 9/11 with the death toll rising quickly over 100,000 people and heading toward 200,000.

CrazyJoe has been featured on MSNBC, Slashdot and is an Admin of http://uo.stratics.com. His efforts are documented and he is a very honest individual. I cannot stress enough the importance of supplying some sort of aide to the victims of the Tsunamis. I personally have taken the time to donate through the Red Cross on behalf of the RunUO team for 500.00.

Here is his 'campaign' image, and I encourage all of you to share this with your shards, friends and everyone you know:

You can find his site at http://www.crazyjoe.us and the direct forum discussion is located at http://www.crazyjoe.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=675

Again, I implore you to donate to this cause via Ultima Online. ALL OF US can do that, no one is asking for your real life money, just give up some of the pixel crack for the good of humanity.

Many people play the MMORPG Ultima Online, and I happen to be one of them. There has always been real life value added to the items in game due to markets such as Ebay, and now, with a bit of organization by one of the more vocal players of the game Crazy Joe, Admin for uo.stratics.com , a fundraiser has been started that will actually turn in-game goods into relief funds for victims of the massive tsunami that dessimated 10 countries last week, and killed over 100 thousand people.

futureland

Wanderer
Ryan said:
I'm sure by now, most of you have heard about CrazyJoe.

All of us here have a common link, Ultima Online. Everything in Ultima Online has some sort of value to us, be it an emotional attachment to the first GM Bow you've ever made or that hoarde of 100 million gold most of you out there are sitting on. Now, with eBay making it easy to sell Gold Online, one ambitious man has taken it upon himself to gather Ultima Online gold, and dispurse it on eBay and in turn donate all of the real money to the Red Cross for the Tsunami Victims.

We all know by now the devistation the Tsunami's have left accross the world, and nearly every country has felt some sort of effect from this. I implore you, beg of you and plead with you to find it in yourself to re-activate your UO Accounts for a month for those of you who have quit and donate everything you have to CrazyJoe. The Tsunami tragedy dwarfs what we felt with 9/11 with the death toll rising quickly over 100,000 people and heading toward 200,000.

CrazyJoe has been featured on MSNBC, Slashdot and is an Admin of http://uo.stratics.com. His efforts are documented and he is a very honest individual. I cannot stress enough the importance of supplying some sort of aide to the victims of the Tsunamis. I personally have taken the time to donate through the Red Cross on behalf of the RunUO team for 500.00.

Here is his 'campaign' image, and I encourage all of you to share this with your shards, friends and everyone you know:

You can find his site at http://www.crazyjoe.us and the direct forum discussion is located at http://www.crazyjoe.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=675

Again, I implore you to donate to this cause via Ultima Online. ALL OF US can do that, no one is asking for your real life money, just give up some of the pixel crack for the good of humanity.

Many people play the MMORPG Ultima Online, and I happen to be one of them. There has always been real life value added to the items in game due to markets such as Ebay, and now, with a bit of organization by one of the more vocal players of the game Crazy Joe, Admin for uo.stratics.com , a fundraiser has been started that will actually turn in-game goods into relief funds for victims of the massive tsunami that dessimated 10 countries last week, and killed over 100 thousand people.

yeah, that's right, ryan.

i will with victim.

cheer up!

sirens song

Wanderer
Im proud to say that my commands Junior/Senior officer, Petty officer first class, and Officers Wives association(s) have comunitively raised $16,000 for this cause. Although it is not related to ultima online, mostly because I did not know about this fund raiser, and the fact that I no longer have a UO account, Im happy to have donated. Currently VP-8 stationed out of Maine went on det to bring food and supplies to the victims. The US naval P3 community is doing its part and I hope to see everyone else do the same.
-Jamie

Lysdexic

Sorceror
Thank You Very Much!

I decided to buy SE to revisit OSI and some friends. I took EVERYTHING I had, sold it, and donated the gold. I also convinced a few old friends to do the same and in grand total, we donated 23 million gold.

mbcmike

Wanderer
I think i have almost 1mill gold on atlantic, and i just purchased UO SE just so Id have it by the time RunUO implemented it, but I think the SE CD comes with a key that i think is suppose to add a free month of gameplay to my account. I went to the UO web site and couldnt figure out where to type this in????If anyone can point me in the right direction I would gladly donate my UO money to this good cause.

Lysdexic

Sorceror
mbcmike said:
I think i have almost 1mill gold on atlantic, and i just purchased UO SE just so Id have it by the time RunUO implemented it, but I think the SE CD comes with a key that i think is suppose to add a free month of gameplay to my account. I went to the UO web site and couldnt figure out where to type this in????If anyone can point me in the right direction I would gladly donate my UO money to this good cause.

That code is strictly for new players... kinda BS, but thats the way it is.

mbcmike

Wanderer
Lysdexic said:
That code is strictly for new players... kinda BS, but thats the way it is.

Damn, so the current player account upgrade code doesnt add time? (theres 2 codes)

Lysdexic

Sorceror
Nopers :( Ripoff, ain't it.

The second code just upgrades the account. If you were to install SE, but not use that code, all SE bonuses would not be able to be used (basically you would still be playing AOS or whatever your last upgrade was).

JonnyBrav

Wanderer
I think that it is really kind of him to do this! But I'm afraid I can't help because I've never played on OSI (And I don't think I've missed anything :p ) but if I had, I would have gived all my money...

Just my little 2 cents!

LoL when I first read the title of the post, I tought you meant something about the new japanese shit in UO... lol.

Quantos

Lord
After I donated through the Red Cross I found out that the UN is warning that the amount of aid donated and promises actually exceeds the need that they have. I don't know if that is for all countries involved in the disaster or if they are just averaging that out. I also don't know what they are using to calculate what the 'need' is. How can they possibly calculate what it will cost to rebuild everything so quickly in what the local funds are?

Quantos

Lord
sirens song said:
You can put a guess on the cost of rebuilding, but you cant estimate a figure for a life.

Exactly. Then less importantly are items of artwork that were lost or destroyed and in need of replacement.

Besides, they aren't going to replace things exactly the way they were. The things that they replace, buildings for example, will be updated with new technology. That will more than likely increase the cost.

CrazyJoe

Wanderer
Thanks

I have been running around like a flea bit mutt chasing his tail the past week, but wanted to make sure I stop in and thank you for spreading the word. I still can not believe the community has pulled together 648 Million gold...and then quite a few rares and two houses so far.

Not something that has been done before to my knowledge, and it's been a learning process the entire way through so far.

* tips hat *

ultimaIX

Wanderer
I gave some of my RL money to this worthy cause and a bunch of pixel crack UO gold to Crazy Joe's collecting house on Lake Austin. The UO gold way was much easier but as as much, both together will help them out.

- ultima IX (aka Yrenwick Dragon)

Jarrod

Sorceror
they have some issues that require a bit more attention at the moment. rebuilding IS important, but its been leaked that orphans of the tsunami are being carted away and sold into the sex industry. Rather unpleasant news, but not to be ignored.

still, best of luck to all fundraising groups who wish to donate to the rebuilding efforts.