RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO & MySQL Help-Experts Only Please-Will pay for support.

peregost

Sorceror
Hello,

I currently have a RunUO project that uses a seperate login handler to access the main directory of accounts via MySQL before fetching actual servers to login to. Sorta like a fetch. Despite getting rid of my lead deveoper who wrote this. I know that its something simple and it has to releate to defining a mysql user's procedure definer. For the Mysql user account to authenticate property.. This is a little over my head and I wouldn't even be asking here If I wouldn't have ended up hitting a brick wall.

Please PM me for more details on the errors/scripts as I will not be releasing many of these scripts to the runuo eye.

thank you.

Jeff

Lord
If you are going to ask for help, you need to post the errors and scripts here... otherwise, please look elsewhere.

Ravenal

Knight
The problem persists that the "Procedures" are not found in the son_server, if you look under "Procedures" or "Routines" within the MySQL Workbench you will figure it out what you need to do.

Ravenal

Knight
I'll give you a hint, you have the backup database. When the MySQL was installed, and updated. The routines for some reason did NOT get pulled over... Look at the mysql backup from DR_Automated_Backup.sql

In there you will see son_server and find out something like this...

Code:
--
-- Definition of procedure `CreateAccount`
--

Those are the Procedures, you need to import those. After your done importing those from the start of:

Code:
--
-- Create schema son_server
--

And right before
Code:
--
-- Create schema uohadrian_server
--

You will also need to make sure that the user for that DEFINER basically

Code:
CREATE DEFINER=`{USER}`@`{IPADDRESS of where MySQL is located}`

Ravenal

Knight
Thats because it cannot find "LoginServer" that means the procedure, or the ip/addresses and entry of that did not load correctly or the login server was not found.

Which means you should see something like "Login Server: HostOrIPAddress:port and the LoginServer ID" before anything... otherwise it will not startup and you'll get a NullReference error

Ravenal

Knight
You shouldn't be getting that error if the LoginServer loaded correctly. The error tells exaclty what is happening. NullReference means it doesn't exists, ie Empty object not defined, undefined etc you name it. So therefore because of that it throws an exception. So for you to fully have it work, make sure that you have the config pointing to the login server that the login server should be. There are IDS you are suppose to define.