RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

runuo on ubuntu server 8.04, anybody?

delete123

Wanderer
runuo on ubuntu server 8.04, anybody?

hi!

i'm thinking about getting a root server with ubuntu server 8.04 preinstall.

anybody has experiences running runuo on this kind of stuff?

while running through the forums, the only hints on getting runuo to run on linux were like commands with a thousand parameters and a billion special patches.

can it be?

regards,
d123

robynuo

Sorceror
Just manged to get one to run

Using Ubuntu 8.04 and mono 1.2.6

When I fool around more with it will collect what I did and tell you.

*eyes Linux dubiously and wonders why installing things can be sooo strange*

robynuo

Sorceror
I downloaded Ubunto 8.04 LTS from here
Download Ubuntu | Ubuntu

Had a small glitch in installing when it did not want to accept the partition it wanted but after a reboot it worked fine.

Got mono 1.26 from here Mono 1.2.6 Downloads
and downloaded the .bin file for Linux.

No idea what to do with a bin file I hit the boards and found this How do I install a .bin file? - Ubuntu Forums

So i opened a terminal and went to the folder where the .bin file was and used (cd changes directory ls lists what is in a directory for linux)

chmod a+x mono-1.2.6_6-installer.bin
sudo ./mono-1.2.6_6-installer.bin

and mono installed but got an error with runuo that 2 libraries are missing
libmono-microsoft-build2.0-cil and libmono-microsoft8.0-cil.

So checking a forum again Installing software in Ubuntu
and using the synaptic package manager I installed the 2 libraries. (Thanks to RavenTUS)

Need to install gmcs with the command in terminal
sudo apt-get install mono-gmcs

I then used Scriptiz compiled runuo file http://www.runuo.com/forums/756182-post41.html and followed the instructions (failed with the data path.cs though for half an hour because I am unable to read :p )

I copied my UO folder from my windows machine tot he linux one and changed the datapath.cs to the folder i used

Compiled with no errors and worked with no problem when i connected with razor

*all thanks and praises to the people that provided the information*

At the moment mono seems to kill my graphical linux (nautilus/bonobo) , by not letting me access the account - way around it was to make 2 accounts with admin rules - i hope to get that error somehow away ...

robynuo

Sorceror
Bit of an update and an easier way

I reinstalled ubunto 8.04 and this time I let it update and noticed that mono 1.2.6 is already installed. There is a red arerow in ubuntu asking for updates.

I still had to install
libmono-microsoft-build2.0-cil and libmono-microsoft8.0-cil.
using the synaptic package manager I installed the 2 libraries. (Thanks to RavenTUS)

Need to install gmcs with the command in terminal
sudo apt-get install mono-gmcs

I then used Scriptiz compiled runuo file http://www.runuo.com/forums/756182-post41.html and followed the instructions

Server worked.

I then decided to copy some old saves to the server to save myself some work and ended with server crashes.

Checking this post http://www.runuo.com/forums/771874-post7.html

cd /usr/lib/
ls libz*

and then
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libz.so.1.2.3.3 /usr/lib/libz.so

after running mono runuo.exe in the runuo folder it seems to work without any problems.

I also installed Suse 11.1 which has mono 2.0 and runuo seemed to work well too, though I could not log in as I lost my fight with my router to connect to it!

PappaSmurf

Knight
I've got it running on Ubuntu 9.04, Now that's the Desktop edition but it should work for the Server Edition as well.