RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO RC1] Personal Shrine Ankh (resurrecting)

Makaar

Sorceror
[RunUO RC1] Personal Shrine Ankh (resurrecting)

Thanks: Ok, to me this is a big deal, but as much as I would love to take credit, I really can't. First and foremost, initial thanks goes to whoever created the original Auto Res Stone...it was first released by Nam01 here on the forums, so I guess that's as close to the first part of credit as you can get.

Next, a major major major major major major (that's six if you were counting) thank you to roadmaster for helping me in script support and getting the final working version. If you see him, give him +karma, for sure. I have not seen a working, stable house resurrection item that is balanced, so hopefully most of you will be happy with this release. Like I said, I take no credit for this...except for maybe the little parts like making it deedable and choppable, but that's all pretty simple.

Info: Basically, just an ankh that works inside your house. Cannot be placed outside...can only be used by the house owner/friends, and has an added extra option to let you tithe and lock/unlock your karma at it just like you would a real shrine.

Installation: Just one script. Should work...the one problem I had with it, was that if you are a GM and place it, the player can't chop it down, so make sure that a player places it the first time.

Last note, I plan on re-releasing this to make dyable with a furniture dye tub...if someone wants to go for it and release it on here, then feel free. Just giving you all a heads up. Enjoy!

Attachments

• PersonalResAnkh.cs
    12.5 KB · Views: 187
Damn nice idea :) Did you remember to make only one piece of each ankh send the res gump? If I remember right there was an issue once a while back where a res ankh would send the res gump once for each piece of the ankh and it was causing some problems for people.

Makaar

Sorceror
To tell you the truth, I would probably think most would agree that this unbalances things a tad. The only reason we have them on our shard is because we have a smaller player base planned for it, and when you have a small player base, you have to round out a few edges. Well...you don't 'have' to, but it saves me headaches from listening to people whine.

Hotshot

Sorceror
I think Its pretty good idea, Good for Guild Pvp Sessions at guild house. It doesn't cause any Issues i see of, There are res Ankh at every ilsh gate. Just a Eye Candy... a reward item i see it as. But i could be wrong. Anything to be a reward Item is kool... adds to Shard Value. I'm a few or more beers in... Hey its Christmas...lol anyway Merry Christmas everyone.

Glad you got it all working

but I made 1 mod to it here for those that wonder how to do it:
Removing the bless timer

We have an rez protection on out shard all ready for 30 seconds - and this would mess it up a little bit :)
But also many do not want the rez protection

and unless you have modify a lot of other scripts, rez protection has a lot of exploits (like taming with out being harmed, can cast area effect spells, etc)

so this copy is exactly the same - just no rez protection added in

Attachments

• PersonalResAnkh.cs
    10.9 KB · Views: 56

Makaar

Sorceror
Good idea Greywolf, now that I think about it, that's probably a better idea. Either way, now we have two versions available for the public to choose.

roadmaster

Sorceror
Lord_Greywolf;731039 said:
Glad you got it all working

but I made 1 mod to it here for those that wonder how to do it:
Removing the bless timer

We have an rez protection on out shard all ready for 30 seconds - and this would mess it up a little bit :)
But also many do not want the rez protection

and unless you have modify a lot of other scripts, rez protection has a lot of exploits (like taming with out being harmed, can cast area effect spells, etc)

so this copy is exactly the same - just no rez protection added in

your assuming that the res timer and blessed timers were running!:) If you look closer at his posted version you will find that the commented out method "DeathMoveResult" which you took out of his script, was the only method that called his res timer, and his res timer OnTick is the only method that called his bless timer. So since the "DeathMoveResult" method was already commented out there would not have been any conflict with your shards 30 second rez protection.;)

Either way, now we have two versions available for the public to choose.

nope both versions do the exact same thing.;) just Lord_Greywolf's version doesnt have the commented out code and the BlessedTimer Class. At this point you could also take out the ResTimer Class since it does nothing. Assuming you dont want to work with it and force a longer delay befor resurrecting mobiles with it.