RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO ready client!

GoodVillain

Wanderer
RunUO ready client!

I will start on development when I wake up a tool to make clients work with RunUO. Yes it is all ready possible but we still get a mass amount of questions from noobs wanting to know how to do it.

The tool will ask you what kind you have first like UO:R, LBR, AOS. And if its a 2d or 3d version. After picking it will automaticly go into the default installed area of uopatch.exe and execute it. There for updating the client to its newest. After this it wll ask if you rather use UO Gateway or go ahead and decrypt it. Chosing UO Gateway it will ask if you got it. If you dont it will download it for you you. If you choose the program to decrypt it will thanks to part of the source of ignition for helping me out how to.

I am not sure how long it will take but this will do almost EVERY thing for a noob that doesnt read docs. Just a concept now but I think its very possible.

Just asking if anyone supports this idea?

Jarrod

Sorceror
as long as this keeps them from just replacing their patched clients into an unpatched version of UO, then whining for days about how nothing works right, Im all for it.

Invent an idiot proof program and the universe will invent a better idiot...

I never really considered it a bad thing for noobs read 10 lines of instructions on how to log on properly to a shard... maybe it'll keep people out that make pages that say: "How do I make a page?"

But it probably would simplify helping out people whom you already know to have some intelligence :p

If you ever do get around to finishing the proggy let me know so I can disable auto account creation *grins*

(I do admire the effort you're willing to put into it though)

lord_sith15

Wanderer
I will start on development when I wake up a tool to make clients work with RunUO. Yes it is all ready possible but we still get a mass amount of questions from noobs wanting to know how to do it.

The tool will ask you what kind you have first like UO:R, LBR, AOS. And if its a 2d or 3d version. After picking it will automaticly go into the default installed area of uopatch.exe and execute it. There for updating the client to its newest. After this it wll ask if you rather use UO Gateway or go ahead and decrypt it. Chosing UO Gateway it will ask if you got it. If you dont it will download it for you you. If you choose the program to decrypt it will thanks to part of the source of ignition for helping me out how to.

I am not sure how long it will take but this will do almost EVERY thing for a noob that doesnt read docs. Just a concept now but I think its very possible.

Just asking if anyone supports this idea?

lol why u need a stupid program to make new clients... RunUO suport "ALL" the OSI Clients and only need to remove the encryptation of them (using UO:G or UO:R)...

Jarrod

Sorceror
lord_sith15 said:
lol why u need a stupid program to make new clients... RunUO suport "ALL" the OSI Clients and only need to remove the encryptation of them (using UO:G or UO:R)...

Whargoul said:

GoodVillain

Wanderer
lord_sith15 said:

RunUO doesnt accept all versions. Some of them will crash when your trying to enter the world. Also tools like UO Rice and UO Gateway wont work right with an outdated version.

This is only for the noobs that dont read the freaking docs and I am doing this with the very fact I am bored.

Wolverana

Wanderer
not to mention that no matter how well you explain the documentation, some people just don't get it.. I've emailed and icq'd many a player that just couldn't get the idea of what to do. UO Gateway truly does make this a simpler system as far as logging in is concerned, but the updating of the client is usually a culprit that gets confusing to people with little computer experience.

I think this will be a good thing if done well, and as long as it can backup the main files that would be changed by anyone later such as client, hues, multies... you get the idea. If you incorporate the backup of the main files in there this program would be very useful to the newbies to puters. Many don't have a clue how to manipulate files.

GoodVillain

Wanderer
Makingthis was only to update and encrypt to make it fool proof to have a failed client for those that dont know how to do it manually. Running this should not mess with those files and only the client. I could add in a little feature to make back ups in another folder. Thanks for the idea.

GoodVillain

Wanderer
Added backup option, It will back up in the UO folder but in a folder called /backup/ of course.

Added support to download UO Rice and encrypt with that instead of Ignition. Ignition is updated to work and will still be in the wizard.

GoodVillain

Wanderer
Ignition will take a little bit to fully get up to date so I decided not to but it in version 1.

UORice will takes its place for now. :rolleyes:

I named the wizard Client Play. Its a basic name that I didnt put any work into. ;)

GoodVillain

Wanderer
Install methods needed.

I need to have the default install areas for UOs patcher. It usually goes under the name of uopatch.exe

I all ready got the Ultima Online: Renaissance one which is C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\uopatch.exe

I need someone with the other versions to please post the default area of where theres is at for the following...

Ultima Online
Ultima Online: The Second Age
Ultima Online: Third Dawn - 2d version
Ultima Online: Third Dawn - 3d version
Ultima Online: Lord Blackthorn's Revenge - 2d version
Ultima Online: Lord Blackthorn's Revenge - 3d version
Ultima Online: Age of Shadows - 2d version
Ultima Online: Age of Shadows - 3d version

If you dont know all of them but you may know one or a couple that is good. The sooner I get them the faster I can release this. Thanks.

Zippy

Razor Creator
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn\1.0

look for the string key named "ExePath", strip off everything after the last \, and you win.

psz

Administrator
The original UO, T2A, and Ren all go to the same place by default (The one you listed)

Third Dawn forward (IE: Ones with the 3D client) install by default to

c:\program files\ultima online 2d

and

c:\program files\ultima online 3d

psz

Administrator
Hrm... Where's that 2x4 I hit sliptongue with....

*mumbles to himself while walking down The Hall...*

GoodVillain

Wanderer
Oh god. How will I make a prog that tops that noob question.

Anyway. Should be released by tonight or tommarrow.

Anyone wants to host it?