RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO+ubuntu server

Skitalets

Wanderer
RunUO+ubuntu server

Hi guys.I decided to setup a RunUO server on Ububtu Desctop\Server. How can i do this? and is it possible?
What are the system requirements?

amberrpg

Wanderer
I'm running a 9.10 server. Download, do a:

Code:
 $ sudo apt-get install mono

then edit everything for the way you want. System loads and runs just fine.

I can't tell you server specs, I'm running it on a dual dual core system, so four processors, 8 gig of memory and 72 gig of raid 5 scsi drives. Things a beast, and way overkill.

Skitalets

Wanderer
amberrpg;840056 said:

Code:

I can't tell you server specs, I'm running it on a dual dual core system, so four processors, 8 gig of memory and 72 gig of raid 5 scsi drives. Things a beast, and way overkill.

Real superbeast for RunUO)))
Thanks for help.I shall try it!

Sam Gamgee

Wanderer
No Matter What I Do...

amberrpg;840056 said:

Code:

Doing this gets me the following:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package mono is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package mono has no installation candidate

As always, I can never get past one error or another while trying to set up a shard.

My wish list is to find someone who can write a loader for RunUO that checks your system to see what's there and installs accordingly. Why, with all the power of modern computers, do we still have to do everything by hand?

amberrpg

Wanderer
my mistake. If your running 9.10 server the appropriate apt-get is:

Code:
 $ sudo apt-get install mono-complete

At least that's whats in the repository right now. I could have swore the meta package was mono, but aptitude told me different.

Sam Gamgee;840121 said:

Building dependency tree

As always, I can never get past one error or another while trying to set up a shard.

My wish list is to find someone who can write a loader for RunUO that checks your system to see what's there and installs accordingly. Why, with all the power of modern computers, do we still have to do everything by hand?

Linux is an operating system family made primarily for people who want full control, not people who want everything done and set up for them automatically :/ Thats what Windows is for.

In any case, all that message means is that the name of the package is different, you can also search packages from both the command line and most gui front ends (also package names sometimes sometimes vary on different distributions)

Lastly, I would suggest installing the packages available directly from mono's website, as not all distributions are up to date with their packages. And RunUO's SVN is usually using the latest or next to latest Mono release.

Download - Mono

Yozzik

Squire
Skitalets;840000 said:
Hi guys.I decided to setup a RunUO server on Ububtu Desctop\Server. How can i do this? and is it possible?
What are the system requirements?

"Двачер, помоги, какие подводные камни?"

Skitalets

Wanderer
Sam Gamgee;840121 said:

Building dependency tree

Hah.Got the same rerror pn Ubuntu 10.04 but found it manually on ubuntu official forum)
So the right name of package is mono-complete.
Runs perfectly ona 3 Pentium 600 mhz with 256 mb of memory))lols))

Skitalets

Wanderer
Another question...
How to configure RunUO to start automatically after system restart(on power loss, after restarts, shutdowns and so on)
Now running Ubuntu Server x86 10.04 with the latest Mono distributive.